- Volume 26 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Current Limiting Characteristics of a SFCL with Two Triggered Current Limiting Levels in a Simulated Power Distribution System
모의배전계통에 두 트리거 전류레벨을 이용한 초전도한류기의 전류제한 특성 분석
- Ko, Seok-Cheol (Industry-University Cooperation Foundation, Kongju National University) ;
- Han, Tae-Hee (Department of Energy Resources Engineering, Jungwon University)
- Received : 2012.11.06
- Accepted : 2013.01.11
- Published : 2013.02.01
When the accident occurred in power distribution system, it needs to control efficiently the fault current according to the fault angle and location. The flux-lock type superconducting fault current limiters (SFCL) can quickly limit when the short circuit accidents occurred and be made the resistance after the fault current. The flux-lock type SFCL has a single triggering element, detects and limits the fault current at the same time regardless of the size of the fault current. However, it has a disadvantage that broken the superconductor element. If the flux-lock type SFCL has separated structure of the triggering element and the limiting element, when large fault current occurs, it can reduce the burden of power and control fault current to adjust impedance. In this paper, this system is composed by triggering element and limiting element to analyze operation of limiting current. When the fault current occurs, we analyzed the limiting and operating current characteristics of the two triggering current level, and the compensation characteristics of bus-voltage sag according to the fault angle and location.
- H. Kado and M. Ichikawa, IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond., 7, 993 (1997). https://doi.org/10.1109/77.614672
- E. Thuries, V. D. Pham, Y. Laumond, U. Verhaege, A, Fevrier, M. Collet, and M. Bekhaled, IEEE Trans. On Power Del., 6, 801 (1991).
- S. H. Lim, H. S. Choi, and B. S. Han, IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond., 16, 723 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1109/TASC.2006.871271
- T. H. Han, H. S.Choi, S. H. Lim, and N. Y. Lee, Physica., C463, 1209 (2007).
- S. H. Lim, IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond., 17, 1895 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1109/TASC.2007.899869
- S. H. Lim, I. K. You, and J. C. Kim, IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond., 21, 2209 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1109/TASC.2010.2093595
- J. F. Kim, S. H. Lim, J. C. Kim, and S. Y. Yun, IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond., 21, 2161 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1109/TASC.2010.2093592
- I. K. You, S. H. Lim, and O. B. Hyun, IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond., 20, 1168 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1109/TASC.2010.2040267