- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Effect of achievement goal directivity and self-regulated learning strategy on the level of learning achievement
성취목표지향성과 자기조절학습전략이 학업성취도에 미치는 영향
- Lee, Sook-Jeong (Dept. of Dental Hygiene, Gimcheon University) ;
- Shin, Kyoung-Hee (Dept. of Dental Hygiene, Baekseok Culture University)
- Received : 2013.11.04
- Accepted : 2013.12.20
- Published : 2013.12.28
This study intended to find out an efficient teaching-learning method by identifying the effect of achievement goal directivity and self-regulated learning strategy on the level of learning achievement in class. This study analyzed the relationship between the achievement goal directivity and the average and standard deviation of self-regulated learning strategy as well as the relationship between the achievement goal directivity and the learning achievement of self-regulated learning strategy and also analyzed the effect of achievement goal directivity and self-regulated learning strategy on the level of learning achievement, based on the result of survey targeting 133 university students attending the Department of Social Welfare. The findings show that the higher the tendency of achievement goal directivity and self-regulated learning ability, the higher the academic performance, which means that it is necessary to resolve any anxiety through motivation control training and mentoring learning for academic achievement of students and inducing their proactive participation in class.
- J. A. Jung, Impact of Parenting Attitude, Academic Self-Efficacy and Achievement-Goal Orientation on Self-Regulated Learning. The Korean journal of counseling, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 1191-1202, 2010. https://doi.org/10.15703/kjc.11.3.201009.1191
- Ah-Rom Yoon, The Relationship among Perceived Parenting Attitude, Achievement Goal, and Self-Regulated Learning Strategies in College Students. The Graduate School, Hanyang University. 2009.
- Ji-Hee Whang, The Relationship between University Student's Achievement Goal Orientation, Learning Strategies and Academic Achievement. The Graduate School, Yeonsei University. 2007.
- I. S. Song, S.Y. Park, A study on the relationships of goal orientation, self-regulated learning, and academic achievement. Korean Education Psychology Association, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 29-64, 2000.
- K. C. Whang, H. L. Ro, The Relationship of Achievement Goal, Learning Styles, and Academic Achievement in Students in The Department of Occupational Therapy. J Korean Society of Occupational Therapy, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 133-145, 2010.
- Elliot. A. J, Church. M. A, A Hierarchical Model of Approach and Avoidance Achievement Motivation. J Pers Soc Psychol, 72, pp. 218-232, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35184.108.40.206
- In-Young Ka, A Study on Relationships between Goal Orientation and Academic Self-efficacy, Goal Orientation and Academic Achievement. Graduate School of Education, Ewha Womans University. 2003.
- Y. S. Kim, Effect of Achievement Goal Orientation of Dental School Students on Self-motivation, Self-regulated Learning Strategies, and Self-efficacy. Korean J Med Educ, Vol, 20, No, 3, pp. 199-208, 2008. https://doi.org/10.3946/kjme.2008.20.3.199
- Seon-Mi Lee, The effect of a performance-approach goal orientation and study stategies on academic achievement. The Graduate School, Sookmyung woman's University. 2007.
- B. S. Mun, The Causal Relationship Analysis among Future Goals, Achievement Goal-Orientation, and Self-Regulated Learning. Asian journal of education, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 45-67, 2011. https://doi.org/10.15753/aje.2011.12.1.003
- Sun-Hee Lee, A study about the influence of achievement aim, academic motivation, and learning strategies on academic achievement. Graduate School of Education, Hanyang University. 2006.
- Hee-Sook Yoon, The Effects of Self-Regulated Learning Strategies on Self-Regulated Learning Ability and Learning Achievement in an E-Learning Environment. Graduate School of Educational Technology Ewha Womans University. 2003.
- Effects of Teachers' Personal Backgrounds and Training Experiences on Digital Textbook Usage Competency, Understanding, Recognition of Effectiveness, and Attitude vol.14, pp.9, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.9.53
- The Effects of the Brain Education Meditation Program on Self-Regulated Learning Ability and the Academic Self-Efficacy of Elementary School Students vol.14, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.5.77