- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Social Participation and Social Support on Quality of Life of the Elderly
노인의 사회활동 및 사회적지지가 삶의 질에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Eun-Kyung (Hoseo Graduate School of Venture, Department of Venture Management) ;
- Ha, Kyu-Soo (Hoseo Graduate School of Venture)
- Received : 2013.10.08
- Accepted : 2013.12.20
- Published : 2013.12.28
This study aimed at analyzing the effects of economic and leisure activities and social supports on the life satisfaction level of the olders who live in the Seoul city and surroundings and finding out the differences in the variables such as the economic and leisure activities, social support and life satisfaction level according to the demographics variables of the older. And the results are as follows. First, the education level, the status of living with spouse, status of economic and health conditions have positive influences of life satisfaction lever of the older. But the participation duration and frequencies of the economic and leisure activities do not affect on the life satisfaction level of the older. Second, the social support has an influence on the life satisfaction level of the older. Third, the differences in the variables such as social participation social support and life satisfaction lever of the older according to the demographic variables were found out partially.
- Jeong Eun Bak, "Elderly women in the initial study on community participation", Korea Institute of female employees, pp, 94-96, 1994.
- Jea Ug Ko, Social Work the elderly, Yangseowon, 2011.
- Kwon, Jung Don, Social Work the elderly, Hakjisa, 2011.
- Sung-Jae Choe, In-Hub Chang, Social Welfare for Older Persons in Aning Society, Seoul National University Press 2012.
- Jea Ug Ko, Dong Yeol Lee, "The Degree of on the quality of life and the policy effects of the jop creation project in the Elderly", The Korea Gerontological Society, Vol, 31, No, 4, pp 1209-1228, 2011.
- Chung Hwa Han, " Structural Model of quality of life in the Elderly", Ph.D. dissertation, Daegu Haany University, 2010.
- Sung Mi Hae, Lim Young M, Joo Kyung Sook " The Relationship between Social Support and Loneliness in Elderly Women Living Alone", Journal of Korean Public Health Nursing Volume 25. No. 1, 95-106, 2011.
- Choi Hea Kyung, "A Study on the Relationships between Family Support, Compliance and quality of life in Chronic Arthritis", Master Thesis Department of Nursing, The Graduate School, Yonsei University. 1987.
- Kwon, Jung Don, Cho, Ju Yeon, "A Study of Factors Influencing the quality of life of the Aged", Journal of the Korea Gerontological Society. Vol. 20, No. 3. 61-76. 2000.
- Choi Kyoung in, A Study on the quality of life of the Elderly Focused on Wonju, A Master's Thesis of Social Welfare Policy Graduate School Sanji University, 2007.
- Havighurst, R. J. Social role, work, leisure and education. In C Eisdorfer & M, P.(Eds), "The Psychology of adult development and Socialization", Washington, DC: American Psychological Association, 1973.
- Song J. A. Jang S. O. Lim Y. J, Lee S. J, Kim S. Y, Seol G. H, "Factors affecting lones in community dwelling Korean elders", Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamental Nursing, 14(3), pp, 371-381.
- Hee Kyung Kim, "Gender Difference of the Influencing Factors on Successful Aging among Rural Community-dwelling Korean Elders", The Korea Gerontological Society, Vol, 32, No, 3, pp, 819-834, 2012.
- Comprehensive Factors Influencing Quality of Life of Elders Utilizing Senior Welfare Centers vol.12, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.16952/pns.2015.12.1.50