- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Study on Languages and Socialities of Children in Multi-cultural Families Using Fine Arts
미술을 활용한 다문화 자녀의 언어와 사회성에 관한 연구
- Do, Kyung-Eun (Dept. of Textile Design, Hansei University)
- 도경은 (한세대 섬유패션디자인학과)
- Received : 2013.12.01
- Accepted : 2013.12.20
- Published : 2013.12.28
Our society is moving from a monocultural society of a homogeneous nation to a multi-cultural society as a lot of foreigners are flowing into the country with the advent of globalization and with an effort to secure labor force for economic growth. So, multi-cultural families composed of members using different languages spring up everywhere, but the children in these multi-cultural families have difficulties in acquiring Korean language and are socially maladjusted because of the bilingual environment. The goal of this study is to help enhance the language capabilities and socialities of the children in the multi-cultural families through fine arts using artistic methods. The study method was to analyze the high-quality effects of the fine arts with the theoretical research materials and theses showing the real conditions of the multi-cultural families. And I proposed some ways to improve the linguistic abilities and socialities of the children in the multi-cultural families with the utilization of fine arts. As a result, Firstly, An active use of the bilingual instructors and artistic multimedia is educationally necessary to overcome language restrictions. Secondly, Various ways to utilize fine arts are necessary to improve learning abilities of other subjects. Thirdly, Artistic plays and experiential activities need to be largely applied to education to enhance the abilities of emotional control and socialities. Finally, Integrated culture and art education is essential not only for creativities and socialities but also for personalities for community life.
- M. K. Song, S. H. Ji, E. K. Jo, Y. S. Lim, A study on mock-experience of foreigners in multi-cultural families. Korean Psology, Vol. 20, No. 2, p5. 2008.
- Y. S. Kang, Real conditions and problems of multi-cultural families in Korea / Thoughts about tasks and roles of churches about the problems. Social works of Churches, 142-144. 2010.
- J. Y. Shin, Attitude of youth leaders toward cultural diversity and youths in multi-cultural families. Master's thesis. Hanseo University. p10. 2013.
- Y. R. Chae, S. A. Ji, Effects of discussing and art activity using fairy tale on language development and creativities of children in multi-cultural families. Early Childhood Education. Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 318-319, 2010.
- E. S. Han, Effects of fairy tale role play on language development of children with delayed language development in multi-cultural families. Gongju Univ. Master's thesis, p. 12, 2013.
- J. W. Kim, Story telling activities for language development of infants in multi-cultural families. Master's thesis. Bakseok University. 2008.
- H. W. Yoon, Research and Development of multilingual beginning. Korean textbooks, pp. 6-7, 2007.
- DOI: http://www.jejunews.com/news/article2013.09.22
- DOI: http://enews.mogef.go.kr/view/board/2013.03.25
- W. Y. Park, Effects of art appreciation on children's creativity development. Wongwang Univ. pp. 277-284, 2000.
- Y. R. Chae, S. A. Chi, The Effect of Discussion-Art Activities using Storybook on Multicultural Children's Language Ability and Creativity. Early Childhood Education Research & Review, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 318-319, 2010.
- J. Y. Park, A study on application plan of children's art and design instruction through new media. Information and Design studies, Vol. 17, pp. 89-98, 2011.
- S. S. Whang, A study on appreciation of children's art through "Soil Activity". Korea Children's Art, Vol. 1, pp. 41-56, 2002.
- M. W. Park, United guidance of Korean and Art to enhance the abilities of language and artistic expression. Korea Art Instruction Society, Collection of writings about art instructions. pp. 174, 2000.
- A. S. Sun, Effects of reading picture books on language development of children in multi-cultural families. Gwangsin University. Master's thesis, 2010.
- S. K. Seo, Bilingual education for children in multi-cultural families. Pusan University of foreign studies. Master's thesis, 2012.
- Y. J. Kim, pp. 28-29, 2003.
- Y. S. Jeon, B. I. Rho, Effects of art instruction of child welfare. Collection of writings about art instructions, Vol. 10, pp. 176-177, 2000.
- S. H. Lee, S. Y. You, A study on development of creativity of children's art using Guided Imagery. Early Childhood Education, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 311-329, 2007.
- Y. J. Kim, Effects of playful art on children. Daegu Catholic University. Master's thesis, 2003.
- Y. Y. Byeon, Y. H. Kwon, Effects of cooperative art treatment program with normal children using Collage on language ability, personal relations and attention improvement of developmentabilitydisabled children. Infant Special Education, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 129-133, 2010
- S. H. Gil, Effects of integrated art activity on children's language ability. Kookmin Univ. Master's thesis, 2006.
- S. H. Lee, S. Y. Yoo, The study of Guided Imagery for Creative Development in Art Education for Young Children. Early Childhood Education Research & Review, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 311-324, 2007.