- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
The Development Plan for Serious Game based on Game Production Process
게임 제작 과정 중심의 기능성 게임 활성화 방안
- Lee, MyounJae (Division of Information&Communication, BaekSeok University)
- 이면재 (백석대학교 정보통신학부)
- Received : 2013.11.08
- Accepted : 2013.12.20
- Published : 2013.12.28
The serious game refers to the game which is combined game's fun with the peculiar object of the field including the education, medical treatment, public, and etc. By doing so, it can help that the learners are able to acquire the knowledge and technology of the relative field with joy. Currently, the serious game of the various fields is launched. However, there are many obstacles in Korea to develop the market. This paper is the research for showing how to overcome these problems. For this purpose, first, this research investigates the present condition of the serious game in the planning and development and marketing viewpoint. Second, the obstacles of the serious game are analyzed. Finally, the methods for solving these obstacles are shown. This paper is helpful for finding out the strategies for solving the obstacles without too much consideration of obstacle elements for serious game development.
- Abt, Clark C., "Serious Game", Rowman & Littlefield Pub Inc, 2007.
- SeungHoon Lee, "A Study on Status and Development Method of Serious Game", KOCCA, pp.47-160, 2013.1.
- NARS, "Status and development Method of game content, methods" Competitive Content Research, pp.36-37, No.69, 2010.2.17.
- J.B. Lee, "The current state of serious games", Game Industry Journal, Vol.16, No.1, pp.10-14, 2007.1.
- GoMira Jung, "Status and Prospects of Serious Game", Game Industry Journal, Vol.1, pp.1-8, Korea Game Development Institute, 2002.
- Serious Game Forum, "Serious Games Development Strategy Report", pp.32-34, 2008.
- H.J.Lee, "Change to Useful Game:Trends of Serious Game", ETRI, pp.43-50, 2012.
- http://www.hankyung.com/news/app/newsview.php?aid= 201305284656v.
- SugMan Jung, "Prevention of dementia is GoStop", Asia Today, 2003.6.11.
- KyoungMin Kim, "Serious Game, Government and enterprise support is urgent", etnews, 2013.7.7.