- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Measurement of Bacterial Contamination of MRI Examination Equipment and Disinfection Conditions
자기공명영상검사장비의 세균오염도 측정 및 소독에 관한 연구
- Jeung, Seung-Woon (Dept. of Health Care, Hanseo University) ;
- Lim, Chung-Hwan (Dept. of Health Care, Hanseo University) ;
- You, In-Gyu (Dept. of Health Care, Hanseo University)
- Received : 2013.12.01
- Accepted : 2013.12.20
- Published : 2013.12.28
In radiology department, where patients with a variety of diseases receive their tests, there is a large possibility of cross contamination of nosocomial infection. Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) tests take particularly more time than other tests do, which increases the possibility of being exposed to cross contamination. Therefore, this research examines the status of MRI equipment sterilization and investigates the bacterial distribution on head coils, which have the most frequent contact with patients, patient fixation blocks, and bores, which are confined spaces. The status of MRI equipment disinfection was examined by a survey targeting 150 employees, and the distribution of bacteria was measured in ten medical facilities. The result of bacterial distribution tests on MRI equipment showed various bacteria, including Staphylococcus, Acinetobacter, Sphingomona, Pantoea agglomeranss, Micrococcus, Bacillus, Saprophyticus, Brevundimona, and Myroidesspecies. The result of examining the stat us of MRI room disinfection showed that the disinfections of the head coil, block, and bore were implemented well, and the largest proportion was carried out once a day in the morning. The time and implementation of disinfection by the disinfection manager showed that they were implemented well when the manager was the MRI room examiner. The disinfection after examining a patient using an appropriate disinfectant is mandatory to prevent cross contamination.
Supported by : 한서대학교
- Young-Keum Kim, Seung-Kil Lee, Chang-Bok Kim "A study on the ba cterial contamination level of radiogr aphic room" The Journal of Kwang ju health college, vol. 29, pp. 201, 2004.
- Jung-sub Shin, Cheol-woo Park, Bye ong-kyou Jeon, "Analysis on infection control of general Hospital Radiology", Journal of the Korean Society of Rad iology, vol. 6, no 5, pp. 335-337, 2012 https://doi.org/10.7742/jksr.2012.6.5.335
- Seun -Gkyu Shin, Hyo- Yeung Lee, "The Pathology of Infection in the Department of Radiology",Korean Society of Radiological Science, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 211-212, 2012.
- Dae-Cheol Kweon, Peom Park, "Disinfection effect of file cassettes by ultraviolet irradiation" Korea Asso, Radiat prot, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 425, 2001.
- Sang- Hyun Han "Correlation between Recognition and Performance of Radi ologist on Management of Nosocomial Infection" Kon yang University, pp. 25, 2008.
- Korean Society for Nosocomial Infection Control, "Institution's Infection Control" pp.5-17, 2011.
- Kyen-Sup Lee, Diagnostic Nosocomial Microbiology, Go-ryeo Medicine, pp. 294-341, 1999.
- Yeun-Sup Jeung, Latest Diagnostic Microbiology, Seo-heung Publishing, pp.294-300, 2009.
- Seon-Chil Kim, "Bacteriological Monitoring of Radiol ogy Room Apparatus in the Department of Radiol ogical Technology and Contamination on Hands of Radiological Technologists" korea Society of Radio logical Science, vol. 31, no. 4, p.333, 2008.
- W.A Rutala, D.J.Weber, "Disinfection and Steril ization in Health Care Facilities: What Clinicians need to Know" Clin. Infect dis, vol. 39, pp. 702-709. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1086/423182
- Hospital Infection Management Guidelines", pp.3-4, 2005
- Ha-Neul Park, "Levels of Knowledge and Practice on the Prevention of Nosocomial Infection of Radiological Technologist" Department of Public Health Gra duate School Chonnam National University, pp3-4, 2009.
- Jin-Dong Yeo, Byeong-Kyu Jeon, "A Study on Radiologists' Awareness and Performance Of Hospital Infection Prevention" Journal of the Korean Society of Radiology, vol. 6, no. 5, pp.322-323, 2012.
- Kyung-Hee Park, "Nosocomial Infection Rates and Risk Factors in Intensive Care Units of a University Hospital" Dep. of Public Health, Graduate School of Public Health, Chosun University, pp.17-20. 2007.
- Seok-Hwan Bae, Moo-Sik Lee, Cha ng-Seon Lim, Gha-Jung Kim "A Study on the Measurement of the Pollution Le vel of Bacteria and Disinfection of Table and IP Cassette" Kon yang University, Kon yang University Hospital, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 233-235, 2008.
- Kyung-Wan Lee, "Establishment of antibioticresistace management for clinical patients, Ministry of Food and Drug Safety Report", pp.3-10, 2005.
- Jae-Seung Lee, Kyu-Hwan Jeong, Gy oung-Hee Kim, In-Chul Im, Dae-Cheol Kweon, Eun-Hoe Goo, Kyung-Rae Dong, Woon-Kwan Chung "Radiology Dep artment Infection Control Accord ing to Radiography Frequency and Disinfection Period" Journal of the Korean Society of Radiol ogy, vol. 5, no. 2. pp.74-75. 2011.