- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Subjectivity about Nursing Student's Attitude after Hand Washing Education
간호학과 학생들의 손씻기 교육 후 태도 유형에 관한 주관성 연구
- Kim, Yun-Jeong (Dept. of Nursing, Pai Chai University)
- 김윤정 (배재대학교 간호학과)
- Received : 2013.11.13
- Accepted : 2013.12.20
- Published : 2013.12.28
This study, after education for nursing students through texts on hand washing, PPT materials and practices, will investigated the types of the subjects' attitude toward hand washing and attempt to provide basic data needed for nursing education and nursing practice program. As the methods of this research, Q methodology was applied, and 20 sophomores in the Department of Nursing Science as P-sample from October 8, 2012 to October 15, 2012 were asked to distribute Q-sample of 9-point Q-sample distribution, and the collected data were processed with principal factor analysis method by the PC QUANL program. As a result of the research, their attitude toward hand washing was classified into 3 types. The three factors extracted all had eigenvalues greater than 1.0 and explained approximately 56.67% of the variation in responses 40.41%, 10.14% and 6.11% respectively. Type 1 was the ones with the increased number of hand washing; Type 2 was the ones who recognize the need of hand washing education; and Type 3 was the ones who dry hands after washing. In conclusion, the significance of the classification of the types of the attitude after the hand washing education is that with the development of programmes of nursing education and nursing practice, individualized intervention strategies should be differently provided.
- Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, A Survey of hand Washing Behavior and Cognition, Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2005.
- I. S. Jeong, "Proper Hand Cleansing", Public health nursing news, No.53, pp.20-31, 2003.
- Jae Sim Jeong, R.N., Jeong Hwa Choi, R.N., Soon Haeng Lee, R.N.&Yang Soo Kim, M.D., Ph.D., "Hand Hygiene Effects Measured by Hand Culture in Intensive Care Unit", Journal of Korean biological nursing science, Vol.5, No.2, pp.21-30, 2003.
- J. H. Kim, T. S. Yum, Children health education, Cheng-gu Publishers, 1996.
- H. J. Lim, "A Study on Handwashing Knowledge and Attitudes of Nurses", Journal of Korean academy of nursing administration, Vol.2, No.2, pp.5-16, 1996.
- Proper hand washing, Nationwide hand Washing campaign Headquarters, 2011.
- E.L. Larson, B.S. Drasar, "Effects of Automated sink on handwashing practices and attitudes in high-risk units", Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology, Vol.12, No.7, pp.422-427, 1991. https://doi.org/10.2307/30148304
- J. S. Jeong, J. K. Choi, I. S. Jeong, K. R. Paek, H. K. In, K. D. Park, "A Nationwide Survey on the Hand Washing Behavior and Awareness", Journal of preventive medicine and public health, Vol. 40, No. 3, pp.197-204, 2007. https://doi.org/10.3961/jpmph.2007.40.3.197
- M. J. Han, "The Effect of an Educational Handwashing Program on the Handwashing Compliance", Unpublished master's thesis, Dankook Universit, Seoul, 2003.
- Y. H. Kim, "A study on the audience's understanding of the identity of public broadcasting in the digital media age", Journal of Korean Society for the Scientific Study of Subjectivity, Vol.16, pp.75-92. 2008
- N.Y. Yang, "A study on the subjectivity of nursing organizational cultural type, The Graduate school of Ewha Womans University, A master's thesis, 1998.
- H. K. Kim, Q-Methodology, Communicationbooks: Seoul, 2008.
- H. K. Kim. The Understanding and application of Q-methodology, Seogang University press.: Seoul, 1990.
- Stephenson. W. "The study of behavior Q-technique and its methodology, University of Chicago press, 1953.
- I. S. Ko, K. S. Kang, I. J. Song, J. H. Park, S. Y. Youk, "Attitudes toward, and practice of hand washing by student nurses in clinical practice", Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamental Nursing, Vol.9, No.2, pp.165-179.
- M. H. Kim, J. S. Kim, S. Y. Lee, J. S. Kim, I. S. Kang, "The actual state of handwashing in nurses in medical and surgical wards of a university hospital", Journal of the Korean Academy of Family Medicine, Vol.24, No. 6, pp.565-569, 2003.
- J. S. Kim, "A study on appropriate hand washing time for the application of medical asepsis", Recent medicine, Vol.34, No.4, pp.92-98.
- Dae-Kwon Park, Moo-Sik Lee, Bak Ju Na, Seok-Hwan Bae, Keon-Yeop Kim, Chul-Woung Kim, Eun-Young Kim, "Knowledge, Attitude and Practice of Handwashing in High School Students", Journal of the Korean Society of Maternal and Child Health, Vol.12, No.1, pp.74-91, 2008. https://doi.org/10.21896/jksmch.2008.12.1.74
- Comparison of Bacterial Cultivation Results before and after Hand Washing from a College Student in Gangwon Province, Korea: Using Plain and Antibacterial Soap vol.16, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7586/jkbns.2014.16.3.157