- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Study on gout screening programme in province
- Kang, Kyung-Hee (Dept. of Dental hygiene, Konyang University) ;
- Hwang, Hye-Jeong (Dept. of Health welfare Management, Konyang Cyber University) ;
- Hong, Su-Min (Dept. of Dental hygiene, Baekseok University) ;
- Lim, Yeon-Hwan (Planned Population Federation of Korea) ;
- Lee, Young-Hee (Dept. of Health & Care Welfare, Hyechon University)
- 강경희 (건양대학교 치위생학과) ;
- 황혜정 (건양사이버대학교 보건복지경영학과) ;
- 홍수민 (백석대학교 치위생학과) ;
- 임연환 (인구보건복지협회) ;
- 이영희 (혜천대학교 보건복지과)
- Received : 2013.11.12
- Accepted : 2013.12.20
- Published : 2013.12.28
This research is a data analysis result of a future gout treatment was carried out in order to take advantage of basic data by Planned Population Federation of Korea in 2012, classified by gender. Using SPSS 18.0 analysis, frequency analysis, chi-squared analysis and logistic regression analysis were conducted. As a result, there were exceptional number of male subjects that required hyperuricemia thorough complete examination, and in case of hypouricemia, it is notable to find much more female subjects (p<0.001). Subjects that required thorough complete examination per age group and hypouricemia were significantly higher in those above the age of 70 years(p<0.001). Conclusions that required hyperuricemia thorough complete examination were a bit higher in the city areas and hypouricemia was a bit higher in the county areas, hyperuricemia was a bit higher in ratio in inland areas and hypouricemia was a bit higher in ratio in the coastal areas. I believe that continuous observation of gout prevalence rate based on this research by year, age group, and gender, would be extremely useful in making decisions regarding the changing trend of gout prevalence rate. In addition, hyperuricemia increased in postmenopausal women, as well as research on the causes of hypouricemia study.
- W. Park, Recent Progress in the Management of Gouty Arthritis and Hyperuricemia. J Korean Internal medicine, Vol. 80, No. 3, pp. 260-268, 2011.
- J. F. Baker, H. R. Schumacher, Update on gout and hyperuricemia. Int J Clin Pract, Vol. 64, pp. 371-377, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1742-1241.2009.02188.x
- E. B. Lee, Clinical Manifestations and Diagnosis of Gout. J Korean Internal medicine, Vol. 80, No. 3, pp. 255-259, 2011.
- M. A. Becker, M. Jolly, Hyperuricemia and associated diseases. Rheum Dis Clin North Am, Vol. 32, pp. 275-293, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rdc.2006.02.005
- H. J. Ward, Uric acid as an independent risk factor in the treatment of hypertension. Lancet, Vol. 352, pp. 670-671, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(05)60816-1
- J. A. Logan, E.. Morrison, P. E. McGill, Serum uric acid in acute gout. Ann Rheum Dis, Vol. 56, pp. 696-697, 1997.
- C. H. Lee, N. Y. Sung, The Prevalence and Features of Korean Gout Patients Using the National Health Insurance Corporation Databas, J Korean College of Rheumatology, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 94-100, 2011.
- E. Arromdee, C. J. Michet, C. S. Crowson, W. M. O'Fallon, S. E. Gabriel, Epidemiology of gout: is the incidence rising?. J Rheumatol, Vol. 29, pp. 2403-2406, 2002.
- R. C. Lawrence, D. T. Felson, C. G. Helmick, L. M. Arnold, H. Choi, R. A. Deyo, Estimates of the prevalence of arthritis and other rheumatic conditions in the United States. Part II, Vol. 58, No. 1, pp. 26-35, 2008.
- Z. Miao, C. Li, Y. Chen, S. Zhao, Y. Wang, Z. Wang, Dietary and lifestyle changes associated with high prevalence of hyperuricemia and gout in the Shandong coastal cities of Eastern China. J Rheumatol, Vol. 35, pp. 1859-1864, 2008.
- Y. J. Xiang, S. M. Dai, Prevalence of rheumatic diseases and disability in China. Rheumatol Int, Vol. 29, pp. 481-490, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00296-008-0809-z
- E. H. Kim, K. Jeon, K. W. Park, H. J. Kim, J. K. Ahn, C. H. Jeon, The prevalence of gout among hyperuricemic population. J Korean Rheum Assoc, Vol. 11, pp. 7-13, 2004.
- M. Tomita, S. Mizuno, H. Yamanaka, Does hyperuricemia affect mortality? A prospective cohort study of Japanese male workers. J Epidemiol, Vol. 10, pp. 403-409, 2000. https://doi.org/10.2188/jea.10.403
- T. R. Mikuls, J. T. Farrar, W. B. Bilker, S. Fernandes, H. R. Schumacher, K. G. Saag, Gout epidemiology: results from the UK General Practice Research Database, 1990-1999. Ann Rheum Dis, Vol. 64, pp. 267-272, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1136/ard.2004.024091
- B. Yoo, Serum uric acid levels in Korean adult population and their correlates. J Korean Rheum Assoc, Vol. 2, pp. 60-68, 1995.