- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
주요 선진국의 군 건강관련 조사 실태 및 특성: 미국, 호주, 캐나다를 중심으로
Current State and Characteristics of Military Survey in Developed Countries: Focused on the Surveys of United States, Australia, and Canada
- Kim, Mi-Sun (Dept. of Health Science, Graduate School of Korea University) ;
- Sohn, Minsung (Dept. of Health Science, Graduate School of Korea University) ;
- Choi, Mankyu (Dept. of Health Science, Graduate School of Korea University)
- 투고 : 2013.10.10
- 심사 : 2013.12.20
- 발행 : 2013.12.28
본 연구는 주요 선진국의 군인 건강조사 실태 및 특징을 살펴보고, 우리나라 군인 건강조사의 나아갈 방향을 제시하는 것이다. 이를 위해 군인 건강조사를 실시하고 있는 미국, 호주, 캐나다의 군인 건강조사 현황을 파악하였다. 구체적으로 건강조사의 배경, 목적, 대상, 참가인원 수, 방법, 내용, 관련기관, 주기 등을 심층 고찰하였다. 고찰결과 주요 선진국의 군 건강 설문조사의 특징은 다음과 같다. 첫째, 군인 건강조사는 건강 위험요인을 줄이는 방향으로 단계적으로 발전해왔다. 둘째, 정신건강에 대한 관심과 중요성이 강조되고 있다. 셋째, 외국의 군 건강조사는 정부의 협력뿐만 아니라 전문조사기관이나 대학과의 협력을 통해 데이터 수집 및 분석에서 익명성과 전문성을 보장하고 있다. 마지막으로, 제도화를 통해 건강 설문조사를 정기적으로 시행하고 있다는 것이다. 앞으로 군 보건의료 관계자뿐만 아니라 국가적 차원에서 군 건강조사에 대한 필요성과 중요성을 인식하고 법적, 제도적 환경을 구축하는 것이 중요하다 하겠다.
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 국군의학연구소
- J. P. Bunker, H. S. Frazier & F. Mosteller, The role of medical care in determining health: creating an inventory of benefits, In B. C. Amick III, S. Levine, A. R. Tarlov, & D. C. Walsh (Eds.), Society and Health, pp. 305-379, New York: Oxford University Press, 1995.
- G.. Alleyne, D. Suckler & A. Alwan, The hope and the promise of the UN resolution on noncommunicable disease. Glottalization and Health. Vol. 6, No. 15, pp. 1-3, 2011.
- L. Rushton, A. C. Capleton & H. Wickramatillake, Health surveillance mechanisms used by armed forces worldwide. Military Medicine, Vol. 169, No. 12, pp. 1005-1010, 2004. https://doi.org/10.7205/MILMED.169.12.1005
- U.S. Secretary of Defense, Report to the Committee on National Security, US House of Representatives, and the Armed Services Committee, US Senate, on the effectiveness of medical research initiatives regarding Gulf War illnesses. Washington, D.C.: Department of Defense, 1998.
- M. Ryan, The Millennium Cohort Study. Paper presented at the RTO HRM symposium on NATO medical surveillance and response, research and technology opportunities and options, Budapest, Hungary, 2004.
- Institute of Medicine, Gulf War veterans: measuring health. Washington, D.C.: National Academy Press, 1999.
- A. S. Park. A study on the preparations for enlistment of multicultural youth. The Korean Journal of Defense Policy, Vol. 26, No. 4, pp. 177-207, 2010.
- T. S. Nam. In major innovation rush to the strengthening of the military health system. Hospital Line, March-April, 2010.
- S. Y. Joe, E. J. Ko, & H. H. Kim. Research on the health behaviors of military personnel: systematic literature review. Journal of Military Nursing Research, Vol. 29, No. 1, pp. 124-137, 2011.
- Kyung-Sook Lee, Study on factors associated with the health promoting lifestyle of the military officers and sergeants. Master's Thesis, Yonsei University, 2006.
- Joon-Young Baek, Medical examination and health behavior of soldiers. Master's Thesis, Kyungwon University, 2009.
- S. Y. Choe. Relations of health promoting behaviors, mental health, and military life adjustments of soldiers. Journal of Korean Academy of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 164-171, 2003.
- Mi-Yang Kim, Health related behaviors and the result of physical fitness test of the ROK Officers and NCOs. Master's Thesis, Yonsei University, 2001.
- Joon-Hyuk Lee, Study on the influence factors to the health practices behaviors of the military officers and NCO's. Master's Thesis, Yonsei University, 2001.
- K. S. Ko, M. K. Jeong. Relationship of active duty solders' military life adaptation, self-esteem, anxiety of interpersonal relationships, and depression. Journal of Korea Contents Association, Vol. 11, No. 12, pp. 294-306, 2011.
- I. Y. Han, Mental health of Korean soldiers and their need for social service, mental health and social Work, Vol. 8, No. 0, pp. 199-219, 1999.
- Y. J. Park, W. C. Jeong. A Study on factors in military adjustment of generation soldiers. Social Science Research. Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 73-93, 2006.
- Deok-Sook Lim. A study on the health concept, health promotion and practices behaviors of some soldiers. Master's Thesis, Kyunghee University, 2004.
- S. Y. Cho. A study of stress, social support, selfefficacy, self-esteem and mental health in Armed Forces Nursing Academy cadets. Journal of Military Nursing Research. Vol. 22, No. 0, pp. 1-22, 2004.
- Se-In Jeong. Levels of health promoting lifestyle and related factors among the Korean military officers and NCOs. Master's Thesis. Yonsei University, 2006.
- Korea Institute of Policy Evaluation, Department of Defense. Research on Department of Defense comprehensive health promotion, 2007.
- B. J.. Ham, H. J.. Cheon, S. M. .Chang, Lee, H. W., Lee, H. J., & E. J. Sim. Investigation of the prevalence of mental illness (including acute and post-traumatic stress disorder) 2007. College of Medicine: Seoul National University, Korean Department of Defense, 2008.
- Assistant Secretary of Defense for Health Affairs, Health related behaviors survey to be launched in August 300,000 service members to be asked to participate; 1st time on-line. Washington, D.C.: Health Program Analysis & Evaluation Division, 2011.
- U.S. Department of Defense, 2008 Department of Defense Survey of health related behaviors among active duty military personnel - A component of the defense lifestyle assessment program (DLAP). Durham, North Carolina: RTI International, 2009.
- A. C. McFarlane, S. E. Hodson, M. V. Hooff, & C. Davies, Mental health in the Australian defence force: 2010 ADF mental health and wellbeing study full report, Canberra: Department of Defence, 2011.
- Australian Army Psychology Corps, Sexual harassment in the Australian defence Force. Canberra, Australia: Director Publishing and Visual Communications Defence, 1996.
- Statistics Canada, Canadian community health survey's Canadian forces supplement on mental health. Ottawa: Governmental Printing Office, 2003.
- J. S. Kim, I. H. Song. Comparison of national strategies for suicide prevention : national strategies of New Zealand, USA, Ireland, England, Scotland, Australia, and Korea analyzed based on the WHO framework. Health and Social Welfare Review. Vol. 33, No. 1, pp. 513-54, 2013. https://doi.org/10.15709/hswr.2013.33.1.513
- Y. G. Lee. Reforms of the German public health insurance during the last twenty years and their lessons for the Korean National Health Insurance. Health and Social Welfare Review. Vol. 29, No. 2, pp. 186-212, 2009. https://doi.org/10.15709/hswr.2009.29.2.186
- H. J. Min, W. S. Suh. Impact of shared-decision making on patient satisfaction in military hospitals. The Korea Contents Society. Vol. 11, No. 11, pp. 338-349, 2011.
- Governmental Printing Office, Presidential advisory committee on Gulf War veterans illnesses: final report. Washington, D.C.: Governmental Printing Office, 1996.
- H. J. Hawng. Related factors to the health behaviors of military officers and non-commissioned officers. Journal of Military Nursing Research, Vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 1-26, 2007.
- J. S. Kim. Effect on the soldier' resiliency on the adjustment in military. Journal of Korea Contents Association, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 278-286, 2013.
- J. I. Yang, Y. M. Lee, S. H. Lee, A. J. Kwon, P. Ki & J. H. Jeong. The effects of a military hospital health promotion program on military personnel's perceived health status, health perceptions and health promotion behavior. Journal of Military Nursing Research, Vol. 29, No. 1, pp. 5-18, 2011.
- U.S. Department of Defense, 2006 Department of Defense survey of health related behaviors among the guard and reserve force - A component of the Defense lifestyle assessment program(DLAP). Durham, North Carolina: RTI International, 2007.
- U.S. Department of Defense, Department of Defense 1995 sexual harassment survey. Arlinton, VA: Defense Manpower Data Center, 1996.
- Canadian National Defence, Results from health and lifestyle information survey of Canadian forces personnel 2008/2009 regular force version. Ottawa: Military Personnel Operational Research Analysis, 2010.
- J. Y. Lee. Future directions for health promotion programs in the public sector. Journal of Korean Society for Health Education and Promotion. Vol. 29, No. 4, pp. 29-38, 2012.