- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
An Automatic Object Extraction Method Using Color Features Of Object And Background In Image
영상에서 객체와 배경의 색상 특징을 이용한 자동 객체 추출 기법
- Lee, Sung Kap (Graduate School, Kwangwoon University) ;
- Park, Young Soo (Dept. of General Education, Kwangwoon University) ;
- Lee, Gang Seong (Dept. of General Education, Kwangwoon University) ;
- Lee, Jong Yong (Dept. of General Education, Kwangwoon University) ;
- Lee, Sang Hun (Dept. of General Education, Kwangwoon University)
- Received : 2013.10.16
- Accepted : 2013.12.20
- Published : 2013.12.28
This paper is a study on an object extraction method which using color features of an object and background in the image. A human recognizes an object through the color difference of object and background in the image. So we must to emphasize the color's difference that apply to extraction result in this image. Therefore, we have converted to HSV color images which similar to human visual system from original RGB images, and have created two each other images that applied Median Filter and we merged two Median filtered images. And we have applied the Mean Shift algorithm which a data clustering method for clustering color features. Finally, we have normalized 3 image channels to 1 image channel for binarization process. And we have created object map through the binarization which using average value of whole pixels as a threshold. Then, have extracted major object from original image use that object map.
Object Extraction;Mean Shift;HSV(Hue Saturation Intensity-Value);Median Filter;Color Clustering
Supported by : 광운대학교
- Hyeon Ho Han, Gang Seong Lee, Jong Yong Lee, Sang Hun Lee, Region Segmentation Technique Based on Active Contour for Object Segmentation. The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 10, No. 3,.pp. 167-172, 2012.
- In-Yong Shin, Yo-Sung Ho, Graph-based Image Segmentation using Color and Depth Images. The Journal of Korea Information And Communications Society, KICS Int. Conf. Commun, pp. 462-463. 2010.
- Na Li, Jiajun Bu, Chun Chen, Real-time video object segmentation using HSV space. Image Processing. International Conference on, Vol. 2, pp. 85-88. 2002.
- M. I. Chowdhruty, J. A. Robinson, Improving image segmentation using edge information. Electrical and Computer Engineering. Canadian Conference on, Vol. 1, pp. 312-316. 2000.
- Chin-Chen Chang, Ju-Yuan Hsiao, Chih-Ping Hsieh, An Adaptive Median Filter for Image Denoising. Intelligent Information Technology Application. Second International Symposium on, Vol. 2, pp. 346-350. 2008.
- R. Achanta, S. Hemami, F. Estrada, S. Susstrunk, Frequency-Tuned Salient Region Detection. Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition. IEEE Conference on, pp. 1597-1604. 2009.
- Hui Liu, Chenhui Yang, Xiao Shu, Qicong Wang, A new method of shadow detection based on edge information and HSV color information. Power Electronics and Intelligent Transportation System. 2nd International Conference on, Vol. 1, pp. 286-289. 2009.