- Volume 11 Issue 12
Berkley Media Access Control (B-MAC) protocol is one of the well-known MAC protocols, which uses adaptive preamble sampling scheme and is designed for wireless sensor networks (WSN). In this paper, we are reviewed about security vulnerability in B-MAC, and analyzed the power which is consumed at each stage of B-MAC protocol according to vulnerability of denial of sleep(DoS) and replay problem. From our analytical results, it can be considered the need of power efficient authentication scheme which provides the reliability, efficiency, and security for a general B-MAC communication. This is the case study of possible DoS vulnerability and its power consumption in B-MAC.
- Rajesh Krishna Panta, James A. Pelletier, Gregg Vesonder, "Efficient Asynchronous Low Power Listening for Wireless Sensor Networks," 31st ISRDS2012, pp.291-300, 2012.
- Joseph Plastre, Jason Hill and David Culler, "Versatile Low Power Media Access for Wireless Sensor Networks," Sensys'04, pp.1-14, 2004.
- Himanshu Singh and Bhaskar Biswas, "Comparison of CSMA based MAC protocols of wireless sensor networks," International Journal of AdHoc Networking Systems, Vol.2, No.2, pp.11-20, 2012.
- Noseong Park, Bong Wan Kim, Yoonmee Doh and Jongarm Jun, "A Multi-Access Asynchronous Low-Power MAC based on Preamble Sampling for WSNs," IEEE ISCC2011, pp.445-450, 2011.
- Jing Li, Wenjie Zeng, and Anish Arora, "Achievable Throughput in Duty-Cycled Wireless Networks," IEEE 9thMASS2012,pp.290-298,2012.
- Giorgio Corbellini, Emilio Calvanese Strinati, Elyes Ben Hamida and Andrzej Duday, "DA-MAC: Density Aware MAC for Dynamic Wireless Sensor Networks," 2011 IEEE 22nd International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications, pp.920-924, 2011.
- Giorgio Corbellini, Cedric Abgrall, Emilio Calvanese Strinati, and Andrzej Duda, "Energy Evaluation of Preamble Sampling MAC Protocols for Wireless Sensor Networks," IEEE PIMRC2012, pp.387-392, 2012.
- Sung-Hwan Jung, Nakjung Choi and Taekyoung Kwon, "An Iterative Analysis of Single-Hop B-MAC Networks Under Poisson Traffic," Journal of Communications and Networks, Vol14, Issue1, pp.40-50, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/JCN.2012.6184550