- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Design of a 5-patch GPS array antenna for anti-jamming
GPS 방해신호 회피용 5-패치 배열 안테나 설계
- Chae, Gyoo-Soo (Division of Information & Communication Eng., Baekseok University) ;
- Lim, Joong-Soo (Division of Information & Communication Eng., Baekseok University)
- Received : 2013.11.25
- Accepted : 2013.12.20
- Published : 2013.12.28
In this paper, the implementation of a null-steering antenna array using GPS patch antennas is suggested. The antenna array consists of five patch antenna elements fabricated on the ceramic substrate. The antenna element proposed here is a typical circular polarization patch and a prototype patch array antenna is manufactured on the PCB. The antenna has one reference element located at the center and other four elements are placed at the corners. A null in the direction of the jamming signal can be produced by changing the phases of 4-elements. Simulation results of the array antenna by CST MWS are presented and discussed. The basic performances are measured and the results are shown. The results show that the antenna presented here can be used to remove the signals from the directions of any jammers.
- Lu Guo, Peng-Khiang Tan and Tan-Huat Chio , "A Compact 8-Element Antenna Array for GPS Digital Beamforming," Proceedings of ISAP2012, Nagoya, Japan, pp. 850-853, 2012.
- Joy Li, "GPS interference mitigation for small UAV applications," Master Thesis of Engineering, The University of Adelaide, Australia, 2009.
- Kai Wu, Ling Zhang, Z. Shen and Boyu Zheng "An Anti-Jamming 5-Element GPS Antenna Array Using Phase-Only Nulling," 6th International Conference on ITS Telecommunications, pp. 370-373, 2007.
- Frank N. Bauregger, Todd Walter, Dennis Akos and Per Enge, "A Novel Dual Patch Anti-Jam GPS Antenna," Proceedings of 58th annual meeting of the institution of navigation and CIGTF 21st guidance test symposium, pp. 516-522, June 2002.
- A. Brown, "High accuracy GPS performance using a digital adaptive antenna array," Proceedings of ION National Technical Meeting, Long Beach, CA, Jan. 2001
- D. Williams, S. Clark, J. Cook, P. Corcoran and S. Spaulding, "Four-Element Adaptive Array Evaluation for United States Navy Airborne Applications," Proceedings of the 13th International Technical Meeting of the Satellite Division of The Institute of Navigation, Salt Lake City, pp. 2523-2532, September 2000.
- A. Brown, D. Reynolds, H. W. Tseng and J. Norgard, "Miniaturized GPS antenna array technology," Proc. of the ION 55th Annual Meeting, Cambridge, June 1999.
- D. Reynolds, A. Brown and Al Reynolds, "Miniaturized GPS antenna array technology and predicted anti-jam performance," Proceedings of ION GPS '99, Nashville, TN, Sep. 1999.
- D. S. De Lorenzo, J. Rife, P. Enge and D. M. Akos, "Navigation Accuracy and Interference Rejection for an Adaptive GPS Antenna Array," Proc. ION GNSS, 2006.
- A. Brown and D. Morley, "Test Results of a 7-Element Small Controlled Reception Pattern Antenna," Proceedings of ION GPS 2001, Salt Lake City, Utah, Sep. 2001.
- C. A. Baird and G. G. Rassweiler, "Adaptive sidelobe nulling using digitally controlled phase -shifters," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagation, vol. AP-24, no.5, pp.638-649, 1976.
- W. C. Cheuk, M. Trinkle and D. A. Gray, "Null-steering LMS Dual-Polarised Adaptive Antenna Arrays for GPS," Journal of Global Positioning Systems, Vol. 4, No. 1-2: pp. 258-267, 2005. https://doi.org/10.5081/jgps.4.1.258