- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Secure Data Gathering Protocol over Wireless Sensor Network
무선센서네트워크에서 안전한 데이터 수집 프로토콜
- Choi, Hae-Won (Dept. of Computer Engineering, Kyungwoon University) ;
- Ryoo, Myung-Chun (Dept. of Computer Engineering, Kyungwoon University) ;
- Lee, Chae-Soo (Dept. of Mobile Engineering, Kyungwoon University) ;
- Kim, Hyun-Sung (Dept. of Computer Engineering, Kyungil University)
- Received : 2013.10.23
- Accepted : 2013.12.20
- Published : 2013.12.28
A secure data gathering in a Wireless Sensor Network(WSN) has given attention to one of security issues. In general, the process of secure data gathering causes difficulties: one process is exchanging the secured data and the other is constructing secured data path. The previous studies have been resolving the difficulties in terms of two problems: security and data gathering in WSNs. However, a WSN requires a protocol that has to guarantee a security of path between sensors and sink, or a cluster head. Thus how to gather data securely is an important issue. In this paper, we propose a secure data gathering protocol over WSNs, which consists of hierarchical key settlement and secure path construction, and aims at tackling two problems. The proposed protocol causes little overhead to sensor nodes for secured key settlement and path construction. This work provides security analysis focused on the key settlement protocol and evaluates network performance for the proposed data gathering protocol through simulation.
- Mao, G.; Fidan, B.; Anderson, B. Wireless sensor network location techniques. Computer Networks: The International Journal of Computer and Telecommunications Networking. 2007, 29, pp. 2529-2553.
- Arampatzis, T.; Lygeros, J.; Manesis, S. A survey of applications of wireless sensor and wireless sensor networks. In Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium on, Mediterrean Conference on Control and Automation, Limassol, Cyprus, 2005, 6, pp. 719-724.
- Culler, D.; Estrin, D.; Srivastava, M. Overview of sensor networks. IEEE Comput. 2004, 8, pp. 41-49.
- Tiwari, M.; Arya, K.V.; Choudhari, R.; Choudhary, K.S. Designing Intrusion Detection to Detect Black Hole and Selective Forwarding Attack in WSN Based on Local Information. 2009 Fourth International Conference on Computer Sciences and Convergence Information Technology. 2009, pp. 824-828.
- Giruka, V. C.; Singhal, M.; Royalty J.; Varanasi, S. Security in wireless sensor networks. Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing. 2008, 8, pp. 1-24.
- Ozdemir, S. Secure and reliable data aggregation for wireless sensor networks. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. 2007, 4836, pp.102-109.
- Karlof, C. Secure Routing in Wireless Sensor Networks: Attacks and Countermeasures. Proc. of IEEE SNPA 2003. 2003, pp. 113-127.
- Yang, Y.; Wang, X.; Zhu, S.; Cao, G. SDAP: A secure hop-by-Hop data aggregation protocol for sensor networks. Proc. of ACM MobiHoc 2006, 2006.
- Shu, T.; Liu, S.; KrunzSecure, M. Data collection in wireless sensor networks using randomized dispersive routes. Proc. of IEEE INFOCOM 2009, 2009, pp. 2846-2850.
- Mahesh, K.M.; Samir, R.D. Ad hoc on-demand multipath distance vector routing. ACM SIGMOBILE Mobile Comput. Commun. Rev. 2002, pp.92-93.
- Lee, S. J.; Gerla, M. Split multipath routing with maximally disjoint paths in Ad hoc networks. Proc. of ICC 2001. 2001, pp. 3201-3205.
- Boneh, D.; Franklin, M. Identity based encryption from the Weil pairing. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. 2001, 2139, pp. 213-229.
- Wu, K.; Dreef, D.; Sun, B.; Xiao, Y. Secure data aggregation without persistent cryptographic operations in wireless sensor networks. Ad Hoc Networks. 2007, 5, 1, pp.100-111. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.adhoc.2006.05.009
- Shamir, A. How to share a secret. Comm. ACM, 1979, 22, pp. 612-613. https://doi.org/10.1145/359168.359176
- Kim, H. S. Location-based authentication protocol for first cognitive radio networking standard. Journal of Network and Computer Applications. 2011, 34, pp. 1160-1167. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jnca.2010.12.017
- He, D. An efficient remote user authentication and key agreement protocol for mobile client-server environment from pairings. Ad Hoc Networks. 2012, 10, pp. 1009-1016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.adhoc.2012.01.002
- Rosli, R.; Yusoff, Y. M.; Hashim, H. A review on pairing based cryptography in wireless sensor networks. Proc. of ISWTA 2011. 2011, pp. 48-51.
- Szczechowiak, P.; Oliveira, L. B.; Scott, M.; Collier, M.; Ricardo, D. NanoECC:Testing the limits of Elliptic Curve Cryptography in Sensor Networks. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. 2008, 4913, pp. 305-320.
- Xiong, X.; Wong, D. S.; Deng, X. TinyPairing: A fast and lightweight pairing-based cryptographic library for wireless sensor networks. Proc. of WCNC 2010. 2010, pp. 1-6.
- Yuxin, M.; Guiyi, W. A Feedback-based Multipath Approach for Secure Data Collection in Wireless Sensor Networks. Sensors. 2010, pp. 9529-9540.
- Sang, Y.; Sang, H.; Shen, Y.; Inoguchi, Y.; Tan, Y.; Xiong, N. Secure data aggregation in wireless sensor networks: A survey. Proc. of the Seventh International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing, Applications and Technologies. 2006, pp. 315-320.
- Guo, H.; Mu, Y.; Lin, Z.; Zhang, X. An efficient and non-interactive hierarchical key agreement protocol. Computers & Security. 2011, 30, pp. 28-34. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cose.2010.10.003
- Gouvea, C. P. L; Lopez, J. Software implementation of pairing-based cryptography on sensor networks using the MSP430 microcontroller. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. 2009, 5922, pp. 248-262.