- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Study of Depth Estimate using GPGPU in Monocular Image
GPGPU를 이용한 단일 영상에서의 깊이 추정에 관한 연구
- Yoo, Tae Hoon (Graduate School, Kwang Woon University) ;
- Lee, Gang Seong (Dept. of General Education, Kwang Woon University) ;
- Park, Young Soo (Dept. of General Education, Kwang Woon University) ;
- Lee, Jong Yong (Dept. of General Education, Kwang Woon University) ;
- Lee, Sang Hun (Dept. of General Education, Kwang Woon University)
- Received : 2013.10.16
- Accepted : 2013.12.20
- Published : 2013.12.28
In this paper, a depth estimate method is proposed using GPU(Graphics Processing Unit) in monocular image. a monocular image is a 2D image with missing 3D depth information due to the camera projection and we used a monocular cue to recover the lost depth information by the projection present. The proposed algorithm uses an energy function which takes a variety of cues to create a more generalized and reliable depth map. But, a processing time is late because energy function is defined from the various monocular cues. Therefore, we propose a depth estimate method using GPGPU(General Purpose Graphics Processing Unit). The objective effectiveness of the algorithm is shown using PSNR(Peak Signal to Noise Ratio), a processing time is decrease by 61.22%.
Supported by : 광운대학교
- Hyeon Ho Han, Gang Sung Lee, Sang Hun Lee, A Study on Create Depth Map using Focus/Defocus in single frame, Korea Society of Digital policy, Vol 10, No. 4, pp. 191-197, 2012.
- Corporation NVIDIA, Nvidia cuda programming guide (version 1.0), NVIDIA Corporation, 2007
- S. Z. Li, Markov Random Field Modeling in Image Analysis, 2nded. New York:Springer-Verlag, 2001.
- Y. J. Jung, A. Baik, J. Kim, and D. Park, A novel 2D-to-3D conversion technique based on relative height depth cue, Proc. Of SPIE-IS&T Electronic Imaging, SPIE Vol. 7237, 2009.
- P. Felzenszwalb and D. Huttenlocher, Efficient graph-based image segmentation, IJCV, 59, 2004.
- Connolly, C., Fleiss, T. "A study of efficiency and accuracy in the transformation from RGB to CIELAB color space", IEEE Transactions on, 6, 1046-1048, 1997.
- T. Lee. Image representation using 2d gabor wavelets. PAMI, 1996.
- X L. Ci and G. G Chen Analysis and Reserch of Image Edge Detection Methods, Journal of Infrared, pp. 20-23, JuL 2008.
- BilianaKaneva, Antonio Torralba, William Freeman. Evaluation of Image Features Using a Photorealistic Virtual World. ICCV, 2011.