- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Bluetooth based Portable Healthcare Gateway Development for Hypertention Patients
고혈압 환자를 위한 블루투스 기반의 포터블 헬스케어 게이트웨이 개발
- Kim, Jong-Tak (U-Healthcare Department, Bitcomputer Co.) ;
- Soh, Jae-Young (U-Healthcare Department, Bitcomputer Co.) ;
- Kim, Jong-Hun (Dept. of Computer-Software, Daelim University College) ;
- Kang, Un-Gu (Dept. of Computer Engineering, Gachon University)
- Received : 2013.10.16
- Accepted : 2013.12.20
- Published : 2013.12.28
With the increasing number of chronic disease patients, the importance of everyday health care has grown more significant. The study researchers expected it would help for patients' health improvement and healthcare service expansion if users check their vital signs in their daily lives and send the results to a medical center's servers through a specific device automatically. This thesis, in line with this idea, seeks to develop a portable healthcare gateway. The gateway is designed in a USB type and can transmit standardized data, operating regardless of a user's location and Personal Healthcare Devices (PHDs). The developed portable healthcare gateway provides effective services in ubiquitous environments to customers, which will improve the health of chronic patients.
Portable Healthcare Gateway;Healthcare Service;Hypertention Management Service;Personal Health Device
- Yoon KH, Lee JH, Kim JW, Cho JH, Choi YH, Ko SH, Zimmet P, and Son HY, Epidemic obesity and type 2 diabetes in Asia, Lancet, Vol. 368, No. 9548, pp. 1681-1688, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(06)69703-1
- Robert J. Nicolosi, Thomas A. Wilson, Carl Lawton, and Garry J. Handelman, Dietary Effects on Cardiovascular Disease Risk Factors: Beyond Saturated Fatty Acids and Cholesterol, Journal of the American College of Nutrition, Vol. 20, No. 5, 2001.
- Louis J. Ignarro, Maria Luisa Balestrieri, and Claudio Napoli, Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Cardiovascular Disease: An Update, Cardiovasc Res, Vol. 15, No. 73, pp. 326-340, 2007.
- K. Lorig, H. Holman, Self-Management Education: History, Definition, Outcomes, and mechanisms, Annals of behavioral medicine, Vol. 26, No. 1, pp. 1-7, 2003.
- 권영일, 최대규, u-Health 서비스의 필요성 및 추진 현황, 대한병원협회지, 제36권, 제2호, pp. 68-78, 2007.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, The Seventh Report of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure, 2004.
- Public hospitals and Private hospitals analysis of productivity differences vol.16, pp.11, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.11.7885