- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
The Optimal Inventory Modeling and The Cost Sensitivity Analysis with Reducing Inventory Investment
재고투자 감축에 따른 재고모형과 비용 감도 분석
- Kwon, Hee-Chul (Dept. of Industrial Engineering, Gachon University)
- 권희철 (가천대학교 산업경영공학과)
- Received : 2013.11.30
- Accepted : 2013.12.20
- Published : 2013.12.28
The business cycle during a recession leads to negative effects on raising funds and operations management of company. In particular, the company with many inventories in the recession causes liquidity problem. Which leads to frustration in the competitive strategy management. In this case the company experiencing cash or liquidity problems attempts to reduce its investment in inventory. However, reducing inventory investment makes problems to increase inventory operating costs. This paper presents sensitivity of total cost compared to the size for reducing inventory investment. This will guarantee the relevance of the reducing inventory investment. Optimal Inventory levels also may be required to be less than the optimal levels without reduction on inventory investments.
Inventory Investments;Raising funds;Sensitivity Analysis;(ROP,Q) Model;Poisson Process
Supported by : 가천대학교
- Karl V. Lins, Henri Servaes, Peter Tufano, What drives corporate liquidity? An international survey of cash holdings and lines of credit, Journal of Financial Economics, Vol.98, No.1, pp. 160-176, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfineco.2010.04.006
- Mathias Drehmann, Kleopatra Nikolaou, Funding liquidity risk: Definition and measurement, Journal of Banking & Finance, Vol.37, No.7, pp. 2173-2182, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbankfin.2012.01.002
- Christopher S. Jones1, Selale Tuzel, Inventory investment and the cost of capital, Journal of Financial Economics, Vol.107, No.3, pp. 557-579, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfineco.2012.09.001
- Ricardo Lagos, Guillaume Rocheteau, Pierre-Olivier Weille, Crises and liquidity in over-the-counter markets, Journal of Economic Theory, Vol.146, No.6, pp.2169-2205, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jet.2011.10.001
- Gwang-Tae Park, A Study on the ( Q , r ) Inventory Model under the Lead Time Uncertainty and its Application to the Multi-level Distribution System. Journal of Management and Science, Vol.11, No.1, pp. 44-50, 1986.
- Merkuryeva Galina, Vecherinska Olesya, Simulation-Based Approach for Comparison of (s, Q) and (R, S) Replenishment Policies Utilization Efficiency in Multi-echelon Supply Chains, Computer Modeling and Simulation, UKSIM 2008, Tenth International Conference, pp. 434-440, 2008.
- Myoung-Hun Kim, Dong-Kyu An, Development of Integrated Inventory Management Model and Determination Inventory Replenishment Period in SCM, The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol.5, No.1, pp, 47-53, 2007.
- Hui-Ling Yanga, Jinn-Tsair Tengb, Maw-Sheng Chernc, An inventory model under inflation for deteriorating items with stock-dependent consumption rate and partial backlogging shortages, International Journal of Production Economics, Vol.123, No.1, pp. 8-19, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpe.2009.06.041
- Hui-Ming Wee, Chien-Chung Lo, Ping-Hui Hsu A multi-objective joint replenishment inventory model of deteriorated items in a fuzzy environment, European Journal of Operational Research Vol.97, No.2, pp. 620-63, 2009,
- Dreyfus, S.E., An Analytic Solution of the Warehouse Problem, Management Science, Vol. 4, pp. 99-104, 1985.
- Goyal, S. K., A Note on "Multi-Product Inventory Situations with One Restriction", The Journal of the Operational Research Society, Vol.29, No.3, pp. 269-278, 1978
- Alessandra Guariglia, The Effects of Financial Constraints on Inventory Investment: Evidence from a Panel of UK Firms, Economica Vol.66, No.261, 66(261), pp. 43-62. 1999. https://doi.org/10.1111/1468-0335.00155
- Steven N. Kaplan, Luigi Zingales, Do Investment-Cash Flow Sensitivities Provide Useful Measures of Financing Constraints?, Quarterly Journal of Economics, Vol.112, No.1, pp. 169-215, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1162/003355397555163
- Bellman, R.E.On the Theory of Dynamic Programming-A Warehousing Problem, Management Science, Vol.2,, pp 272-276, 1956. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.2.3.272
- Graves, S. C., On the Deterministic Demand Multi-Product Single-Machine Scheduling Problem, Management Science, Vol.25, No.3, pp. 276-279, 1979 https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.25.3.276