- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
The Determinants of Switching On·Off-Line Channels for Consumers
소비자의 온·오프라인 채널이동 유형의 결정요인에 대한 연구
- Jun, Sangmin (Dept. of Industrial Psychology, Hoseo University)
- 전상민 (호서대학교 산업심리학과)
- Received : 2013.11.15
- Accepted : 2013.12.20
- Published : 2013.12.28
This study illustrates factors that determine consumer types based on ways in which they alternate between online and offline channels for searching and eventually buying their desired products. This study conducted an online survey targeting 1,040 consumers. As per the study, consumer types fall into five groups: 1) on-on type(online search
Cross-Channel Consumers;Price Orientation;Convenience Orientation;Risk-Aversion Orientation;Channel Familiarity
- Jun, S. M., An exploratory study on cross-channel shopping: Using a self-observation and consumption diary. Journal of Consumption Culture, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 23-58, 2013. https://doi.org/10.17053/jcc.2013.16.3.002
- McGoldrick, P. J., & Collins, N., Multichannel retailing: Profiling the multichannel shopper. International Review of Retail. Distribution & Consumer Research, 17(2), 139-158, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1080/09593960701189937
- Rangaswamy, A., and Van Bruggen, G. H., Opportunities and challenges in multichannel marketing: An introduction to the special issue. Journal of Interactive Marketing, 19(2), 5-11, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1002/dir.20037
- Ratchford, B. T., Talukdar, D., and Lee, M., The Impact of the Internet on Consumers' Use of Information Sources for Automobiles: A Re-Inquiry. Journal of Consumer Research, 34(1), 111-119, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1086/513052
- Prasad, V. K., Socioeconomic product risk and patronage preferences of retail shoppers. Journal of Marketing, 39, 42-47, 1975. https://doi.org/10.2307/1250900
- Kopp, R. J., Eng, R. J., and Tigert, D. J., A comparative structure and segmentation analysis of the Chicago fashion market. Journal of Retailing, 64(4), 496-515, 1989.
- Cort, S. G. and Dominguez, L. V., Cross-shopping and retail growth. Journal of Marketing Research, 14, 187-192, 1977. https://doi.org/10.2307/3150468
- Kim, H. S., Store Patronage Mix Behavior between Fashion Outlet and Department Store Consumers, The Korean Society of Community Living Science, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 265-276, 2007.
- Ansari, A., Mela, C., and Neslin, S., Customer channel migration. Journal of Marketing Research, 45(1), 60-76, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkr.45.1.60
- Neslin S.. A. and Shanker V., Key issues in multichannel customer management: current knowledge and future direction. Journal of Interactive Marketing, 23(1), 70-81, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.intmar.2008.10.005
- Kim, S. H., Park, K. Y., and Park, H. J., Factors influencing buyers' choice of online vs. offline channel at information search and purchase stages. Journal of Channel and Retailing, Vol 12, No. 3, pp. 69-90, 2007.
- Choi, J. Y., Consumer multichannel choice behavior in the information search and purchasing stages. Journal of Consumer Studies, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 103-120, 2004.
- Kim, S. H., The Differences in clothing shopping orientation and shopping behaviors by the multi-store selection of internet and offline stores. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, Vol. 33, No, 5, pp. 764-774, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2009.33.5.764
- Lieb, R., Leveraging cross-channel shopping trends, E-consultancy.com, Retrieved from http://econsultancy.com/us/events/jump/news/5663 - leveraging -cross-channel-shopping-trends, 2013. 04. 01, 2010.
- Verhoef. P. C., Neslin, S. A., and Vroomen, B., Multichannel customer management: Understanding the research-shopper phenomenon, International Journal of Research in Marketing, 24(2), 129-148, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijresmar.2006.11.002
- Loibl, C., Diekmann, F., and Batte, M. T., How to target extension resources to different Age groups: Segmenting the public according to interests and information search strategies." Journal of Extension, 48(1), 1-10, 2010.
- Ha, O. S., and Shin, H. W., Shopping behavior, attitude and characteristics of internet clothing shoppers. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 71-82, 2001.
- Park, K. N., A comparative and analytical study on the perceived service factors of on and offline shopping mall. The Korean Journal of Advertising, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 151-172, 2001.
- Deloitte Consulting,. Evaluating the Multi-Channel Retail Customer Experience. Retrieved from http://www.deloitte.com/dtt/article/0,1002,sid%253D 26553%2526cid%253D224296,00.html, 2013. 05. 12, 2008.
- Frewer, L. J., Howard, C., Hedderley, D., and Shepherd, R. What determines trust in information about food-related risks? Underlying psychological constructs." Risk Analysis, 16(4), 473-486, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1539-6924.1996.tb01094.x
- Hong, H. S., Effect of internet shopping mall attributes on purchase intention for apparel on internet. Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association, Vol. 40, No. 4, pp. 27-44, 2002.
- Lee, C. S., and Bang, S. B., The effect of shopping value on online purchase intension: Focus on product attribute importance as intervening variable. Korean Marketing Review, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 41-69, 2004.
- Rohm, a. J. and Swaminathan, V., A typology of Online shoppers based on shopping motivations. Journal of Business Research, 57(7), 748-757, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0148-2963(02)00351-X
- Peter, J. M., and Natalie, C., Multichannel retailing: Profiling the multichannel shopper. Journal of Distribution and Consumer Research, 17(2), 139-158, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1080/09593960701189937
- Blackwell, R. D., Miniard, P. W., and Engel, J. F., Consumer Behavior. 9th ed. Orlando: Harcourt.
- Childers, T. L., Carr, C. L., Peck, J., & Carson, S. (2001). Hedonic and utilitarian motivations for online retail shopping behavior. Journal of Retailing, 77(4), 511-535, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-4359(01)00056-2
- RedPrairie, Enabling customer engagement at every touch point by transforming "multi-channel' strategies into a single all-channel platform approach. Retrieved from http://www.redprairie. com.au/uploadedFiles/ResourceCenter/Resources/Whitepapers/RP_All-Channel-Commerce-Reinventin g-Shopping-eBook.pdf?LangType=3081, 2013. 05. 7, 2011.
- Kumar, V. and Venkatesan R., Who are multichannel shoppers and how do they perform?: Correlates of multichannel shopping behavior. Journal of Interactive Marketing, 19(1), 44-61, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1002/dir.20034
- Choi, A. Y., Rah, J. Y., How do consumers search for information in multi-channel environment?: consumer typology based on their choice of information channel. Journal of Consumer Studies, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 135-164, 2012.
- Reitsma, R., The data digest: Cross-channel shopping behaviors, forrester blogs, Retrieved from http://blogs.forrester.com/reineke_reitsma/10-09-20 -data_digest_crosschannel_shopping_behaviors, 2013. 05. 11., 2010.
- Liang, T., and Huang, J., An empirical study on consumer acceptance of products in electronic markets: a transaction cost model. Decision Support Systems, 24(1), 29-43, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-9236(98)00061-X
- Lynch, J., and Ariely, D.,. Whine Online: Search costs affect competition on price, quality and distribution. Marketing Science, 19, 83-103, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1287/mksc.126.96.36.19983