- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Comparison of Customer Satisfaction Indices Using Different Methods of Weight Calculation
가중치 산출방법에 따른 고객만족도지수의 비교
- Lee, Sang-Jun (Dept. of Liberal Education, Semyung University) ;
- Kim, Yong-Tae (Dept. of Applied Statistics, Dankook University) ;
- Kim, Seong-Yoon (Dept. of Business Administration, Dongguk University)
- Received : 2013.10.21
- Accepted : 2013.12.20
- Published : 2013.12.28
This study compares Customer Satisfaction Index(CSI) and the weight for each dimension by applying various methods of weight calculation and attempts to suggest some implications. For the purpose, the study classified the methods of weight calculation into the subjective method and the statistical method. Constant sum scale was used for the subjective method, and the statistical method was again segmented into correlation analysis, principal component analysis, factor analysis, structural equation model. The findings showed that there is difference between the weights from the subjective method and the statistical method. The order of the weights by the analysis methods were classified with similar patterns. Besides, the weight for each dimension by different methods of weight calculation showed considerable deviation and revealed the difference of discrimination and stability among the dimensions. Lastly, the CSI calculated by various methods of weight calculation showed to be the highest in structural equation model, followed by in the order of regression analysis, correlation analysis, arithmetic mean, principal component analysis, constant sum scale and factor analysis. The CSI calculated by each method showed to have statistically significant difference.
Supported by : 세명대학교
- S. G. Yoon, J. R. Koo, C. G. Choi, Customer Satisfaction. Korea Management Association, 1996.
- J. Y. Jung, J. R. Cho, A Study of Developing Customer Satisfaction Index(CSI) Used for Structural Equation Model(SEM) and Applications of Customers' Decision. Journal of the Korean Society for Quality Management, Vol. 31, No. 3, pp. 85-97, 2003.
- K. J. Song, K. K. Seo, A Comparison Study on Satisfied Customer Reclassification Methods for Customer Satisfaction Management. The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 139-144, 2013.
- S. B. Cho, K. Y. Kim, A Comparative Study on the KS-SQI, NCSI, and KCSI. Korean Journal of Hotel Administration, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 213-227, 2008.
- T. I. Kim, Weighting Methods in the Evaluation Model. Korean Public Administration Review, Vol. 33, No. 4, pp. 243-258, 1999.
- Y. J. Yi, A Theoretical Examination of Customer Satisfaction Research. Journal of Consumer Studies, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 139-166, 2000.
- J. S. Lim, The Analysis of the Validity of Measures used for Measuring the Public Service Satisfaction Index. Ph.D. dissertation, Kyunghee University. 2003.
- Heeler, Roger M, Okechuku, Chike, & Reid, Stan, Attribute Importance: Contrasting Measurements. Journal of Marketing Research. Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 60-63, 1979. https://doi.org/10.2307/3150875
- Neslin, Scott A. Linking Product Features to Perceptions: Self-stated versus Statistically Revealed Importance Weights. Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp.80-86, 1981. https://doi.org/10.2307/3151316
- H. S. Lee, J. H. Lim, Measuring Customer Satisfaction: Evaluation of NCSI and KCSI and Suggestions for Developing a New Index. Korea Marketing Review, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 137-160, 2005.
- Y. C. Kim, J. S. Cha, Customer Satisfaction Measurement Tool and Its Strategic Application. Korea Marketing Review, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 113-132, 2003.
- E. S. Lee, H. C. Kang, Marketing Research Manual. Free Academy, 2011.
- A. L. Hwang, A Critical Study on the Public Service Survey Method. Journal of Governmental Studies, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 32-56, 2003.
- Y. J. Cho, Y. H. Kim, Hybrid Computing Method for Customer Satisfaction Index. The Korean Journal of Applied Statistics, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 43-55, 2006. https://doi.org/10.5351/KJAS.2006.19.1.043
- W. S. Gim, Y. J. Kang, Criterion-related Validities of Indirect Measurements of Consumer Satisfaction. Journal of Consumer Studies, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp. 63-81, 1998.
- K. H. Ahn, B. H. Lim, C. J. Kim, An Empirical Study of the Effect of Measurement Methods on the Correlation between Customer Satisfaction and Repurchase Intention. Journal of Consumer Studies, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 37-48, 2000.