- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
An Empirical Study of Relationships among Stress, Mindfulness and Life Satisfaction among University Students Across University Class Levels
학생들의 스트레스, 마음챙김, 삶의 만족감의 관계에 대한 실증연구 : 학년에 따른 효과
- Lim, Se Hun (Dept. of Management Information Systems, Sangji University)
- 임세헌 (상지대학교 경영정보학과)
- Received : 2013.10.17
- Accepted : 2013.12.20
- Published : 2013.12.28
Today, university students are suffering from various stresses such as individual capacity development, school score management, human relationships, job placement, and English study for preparation as member of society the future. However, stress of students decreases stabilization of mind and aggravate feeling of satisfaction of life. In this research, we examined the relationships among stress, mindfulness and life satisfaction among university students. In addition, we analyzed the moderating effect as university class levels on stress and life satisfaction using partial least squares. This results provide useful implications for decreasing stress, improving mindfulness, and increasing life satisfaction among university students.
Supported by : 상지대학교
- Kyo Heon Kim,, Mindfulness, Self-Regulation, and Wisdom, The Korean Journal of Health Psychology, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 285-306, 2008 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.17315/kjhp.2008.13.2.001
- Jung Ho Kim, What Is Mindfulness?: Suggestions for Clinical and Everyday Application of Mindfulness, The Korean Journal of Health Psychology, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 511-538, 2004 (in Korean).
- Jung Ho Kim, The Relationship between Life Satisfaction/Life Satisfaction Expectancy and Stress/Well-Being: An Application of Motivational States Theory, The Korean Journal of Health Psychology, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 325-345, 2007 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.17315/kjhp.2007.12.2.003
- Nwesway NEWS(Young-Bok Shin reporter), University academic reasons to stop, "Work Stress tuition burden", 13 Sep. 2012 (in Korean)
- Sung Hyun Park, Seoung Yun Sung, The Moderating Effect of Mindfulness Between Self-Focused Attention and Psychological Well-Being, Korean Journal of Counseling and Psychotherapy, Vol. 20, No. 4, pp. 1127-1147, 2008 (in Korean).
- Yonhap NEWS (In-You Kim Reporter), an annual social costs caused by stress 37.5 trillion, 2012, 8, 8 (in Korean)
- Hyoun Kab Chang, Therapeutic Application of Meditation to the Stress-Related Disorders, The Korean Journal of Health Psychology, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 471-492, 2004 (in Korean).
- Jin Kook Tak, Differences in both emotional intelligence and the relations of emotional intelligence to job Stress and stress coping based on sex and job position, The Korean Journal of Health Psychology, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 307-324, 2007 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.17315/kjhp.2007.12.2.002
- K.W., Brown, T., Kasser, Are psychological and ecological wellbeing compatible? The role of values, mindfulness, and lifestyle, Social Indicators Research, Vol. 74, pp. 349-368, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11205-004-8207-8
- K.W. Brown, R.M. Ryan, The Benefits of Being Present: Mindfulness and Its Role in Psychological Well-Being, Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol. 84, No. 4, pp. 822-848, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35220.127.116.112
- K.W. Brown, R.M. Ryan, J.D. Creswell, Mindfulness : Theoretical foundations and evidence for its salutary effects, Psychological Inquiry, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 211-237, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1080/10478400701598298
- J.W. Carson, K.M. Carson, K.M. Gil, D.H. Baucom, Mindfulness-based relationship enhancement, Behavioral Therapy, Vol. 35, pp. 471-494, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0005-7894(04)80028-5
- W.W. Chin, A. Gopal, W.D. Salisbury, Advancing the theory of adaptive structuration: The development of a scale to measure faithfulness of appropriation, Information Systems Research, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp.342-367, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.8.4.342
- C. Fornell, D.F. Larcker, Evaluating structural equation models with unobserved variables and measurement error, Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 39-50, 1981. https://doi.org/10.2307/3151312
- J. Kabat-Zinn, Full Catastrophe Living: Using the wisdom of your body and mind to face stress, pain and illness, New York : Delacorte, 1990.
- E.J. Langer, I.L. Janis, J.A. Wolfer, Reduction of Psychological Stress in Surgical Patients, Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 155-165, 1975. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-1031(75)80018-7
- E.J. Langer, A.I. Piper, The Prevention of Mindlessness, Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol. 53, No. 2, pp. 280-287, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-3518.104.22.1680
- A. Segars, Assessing the Unidimensionality of Measurement: A Paradigm and Illustration within the Context of Information Systems Research, Omega, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 107-121, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0305-0483(96)00051-5
- H. Selye, Stress without distress, Philadelphia: Pocket Books, 1974.
- M.E.P. Seligman, M. Csikzentrmihalyi, Positive psychology: An Introduction, American Psychologist, Vol. 55, pp. 5-14, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.55.1.5
- E. Diener, R.A. Emmons, R.J. Larsen, S. Griffin, The satisfaction with life scale, Journal of Personality Assessment, Vol. 49, pp. 71-75, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1207/s15327752jpa4901_13
- Seong Mu Suh, Ji Woo Lee, The Influence of Sales Associate's Happiness on Burnout: Mediating Roles of Mindfulness and Emotional Intelligencem, Korean Management Review, Vol. 39 No. 3, pp. 707-737, 2010 (in Korean).
- Sung Hawe Hwang, Joung Koo Park, The Stress-Buffering Effect of Natural Environment on the Job-Seeking of the Students: Focused on Savanna Theory, Tourism Review, Vol. 24, No. 3, pp. 85-102, 2009 (in Korean).
- W.W. Chin, The partial least squares approach to structural equation modeling, Marcoulides, G.A. (ed.), Modern Methods for Business Research, Lawrence Erlbaum, Mahway, NJ, USA, 1998.
- J.C. Nunnally, I.H. Bernstein, Psychometric Theory, 3rd ed. McGraw-Hill, New York, 1994.
- K.E. Weick, T. Putnam, Organizing for Mindfulness: Eastern Wisdom and Western Knowledge, Journal of Management Inquiry, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 275-287, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1177/1056492606291202
- A Study of Security Policy for U-Healthcare Service vol.11, pp.11, 2013, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.11.747