- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Structural Relationships between Online Wine Store Quality, Trust, and Perceived Risk
온라인 와인 매장 품질, 신뢰와 지각된 위험간의 구조적 관계
- Kim, Yoo-Jung (Dept. of Entrepreneurship, Hoseo University) ;
- Kang, Sora (Dept. of Entrepreneurship, Hoseo University) ;
- Hang, Soo-Jin (Dept. of Business Adminstration, Hoseo University)
- Received : 2013.10.14
- Accepted : 2013.12.20
- Published : 2013.12.28
As the issue of selling wine online has been raised in an attempt to implement FTA programs in a more effective way, wine will be available online in the near future in Korea. Thus, this study aimed at identifying key factors which will contribute to reduce various kinds of risks perceived by online customers, and investigating the structural relationships between those factors and perceived risks. Site quality of online wine shop(information quality, system quality), trust in online wine shop were selected as key predictors of perceived risks and research model was established using those factors. Data were collected from those who have experienced in using online wine store, and the research model was tested using valid data. Results of testing research hypotheses using data from survey respondents showed that information and system quality exerted an impact on trust in online wine shop. It was proven that information and system quality posited an impact on time risk whereas they was not related to performance and psychological risk. In addition, trust in online wine shop was shown to be related to time risk, performance risk, and psychological risk.
Information quality;System quality;Trust in online wine store;Perceived risk
- K. H. Park, An Integrated Study concerning Antecedent Variables affecting the intention-to-use of on-Line shopping malls: An Extended Model of TAM2, Information System Research, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 55-72, 2006.
- H. Van der Heijden, T. Verhagen, & M. Creemers, Understanding online purchase intentions: contributions from technology and trust perspectives, European Journal of Information Systems, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 41-48, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.ejis.3000445
- P. A. Pavlou, Consumer acceptance of electronic commerce: integrating trust and risk with the technology acceptance model, International Journal of Electronic Commerce, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 101-134, 2003.
- R. R. Burke, Do you see what I see? The future of virtual shopping, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol. 25, No. 4, pp. 352-360, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1177/0092070397254007
- S. Ba & P. A. Pavlou, Evidence of the effect of trust building technology in electronic markets: Price premiums and buyer behavior, MIS Quarterly, Vol. 26, No. 3, pp. 243-268, 2002. https://doi.org/10.2307/4132332
- D. Gefen, Reflections on the dimensions of trust and trustworthiness among online consumer, ACM Sigmis Database, Vol. 33, No. 3, pp. 38-53, 2002.
- S. L. Jarvenpaa & D. S. Staples, The use of collaborative electronic media for information sharing: an exploratory study of determinants, The Journal of Strategic Information Systems, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 129-154, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0963-8687(00)00042-1
- S. J. Yoon, A Study on the Antecedents of Trust toward Shopping Mall Web Sites and Its Effects on Purchase Intention, Korean Management Review, Vol. 29, No. 3, pp. 353-376, 2000.
- S. Ganesan, Determinants of long-term orientation in buyer-seller relationships, The Journal of Marketing, Vol. 58, No. 2, pp. 1-19, 1994.
- E. Arnum, Doing business on the Internet-A question of balance, Business Communications Review, Vol. 25, No. 8, pp. 35-37, 1995.
- W. H. Delone & E. R. Mclean, The Delone and Mclean model of information systems success: a ten-year update, Journal of Management Information Systems, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 9-30, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1080/07421222.2003.11045748
- C. Liu & K. P. Arnett, Exploring the factors associated with web site success in the context of electronic commerce, Information & Management, Vol. 38, pp. 23-33, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7206(00)00049-5
- D. J. Kim, D. L. Ferrin, & H. R. Rao, A trust-based consumer decision-making model in electronic commerce: The role of trust, perceived risk, and their antecedents, Decision Support Systems, Vol. 44, No. 2, pp. 54-564, 2008.
- P. Bharati & A. Chaudhury, An empirical investigation of decision-making satisfaction in web-based decision support systems, Decision Support Systems, Vol. 37, No. 2, pp. 187-197, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-9236(03)00006-X
- K. C. Lee, B. U. Kang, S. Bomil, & J. U. Kim, Exploring the Influence of the Internet Shopping Mall's Quality Factors on User Trust and Acceptance, Management Science & Financial Engineering, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 27-46, 2005.
- J. Lin & H. Lu, Towards an understanding of the behavioural intention to use a web site, International Journal of Information Management, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 197-208, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0268-4012(00)00005-0
- M. Perkowitz & O. Etzioni, Adaptive web sites: Conceptual cluster mining, In IJCAI, Vol. 99, pp. 264-269, 1999.
- C. I. Hovland, I. L. Janis, & H. H. Kelley, Communication and persuasion; psychological studies of opinion change, Yale University Press, 1953.
- D. H. Choi, The role of trust in Service Provider in Social Networking Service Context, Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, Vol. 13, No. 5, pp. 2291-2300, 2011.
- V. Shankar, G. L. Urban & F. Sultan, Online trust: a stakeholder perspective, concepts, implications, and future directions, The Journal of Strategic Information Systems, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 325-344, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0963-8687(02)00022-7
- S. M. Furnell & T. Karweni, Security implications of electronic commerce: a survey of consumers and businesses, Internet Research, Vol. 9, No. 5, pp. 372-382, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1108/10662249910297778
- A. Chaudhuri & M. B. Holbrook, The chain of effects from brand trust and brand affect to brand performance: the role of brand loyalty, The Journal of Marketing, Vol. 65, No. 2, pp. 81-93, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.18.104.22.16855
- B. Shneiderman, Creating creativity: user interfaces for supporting innovation. ACM Transactions on Computer-Human Interaction (TOCHI), Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 114-138, 2000.
- M. H. Chang, The Effects of Trust and Perceived Risk on Attitude and Purchase Intension in Internet Shopping Malls, Information System Research, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 227-249, 2005.
- Y. C. Hwang, S. C. Cheon, K. H. Kim, & K. H. Kim, The Effect to Trust, Satisfaction, Repurchase intention by Logistic Service Quality in Online Shopping, The Journal of Productivity, Vol. 27, No. 1, pp. 479-507, 2013. https://doi.org/10.15843/kpapr.27.1.201303.479
- S. H. Kim, Y. I. Kim, & Y. E. Seo, A Study on Customer Satisfaction of e-commerce Users in Travel Agency Websites -Technology Acceptance Model Approach, Journal of Hotel Administration, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 151-166, 2009.
- C. M. K. Cheung & M. K. O. Lee, Trust in internet shopping: instrument development and validation through classical and modern approaches, Journal of Global Information Management, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 23-46, 2001.
- G. R. Dowling & R. Staelin, A model of perceived risk and intended risk-handling activity, Journal of consumer research, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 119-134, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1086/209386
- Y. H. Son & M. W. Lee, The Effects of Product Type, Purchase Experience and Perceived Risk on Purchase Deferral in Online Shopping, Korean Journal of Consumer and Advertising Psychology, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 489-511, 2009.
- Y. S. Park & M. H. Han, The Effects of Perceived Risk and Perceived Quality On the Consumer's Online Buying Behavior, Journal of Korean Marketing Association, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 59-84, 2001.
- J. Jacoby & L. B. Kaplan, The components of perceived risk. Advances in consumer research, Vol. 3, No. 3, pp. 382-383, 1972.
- E. A. Greenleaf & D. R. Lehmann, Reasons for substantial delay in consumer decision making, Journal of Consumer Research, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 186-199, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1086/209444
- C. E. Lee & Y. B. Park, Differences of Wine Selection Attributes by Emotional Response of Wine Consumption, Journal of Hotel Administration, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 145-160, 2012.
- S. C. Park, Y. J. Lee, & J. W. Kim, Effects of Website Quality on Transaction Intentions in Internet Shopping: An Empirical Analysis of Mediating effects of Trust and Satisfaction, Management Science & Financial Engineering, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 123-143, 2004.
- M. Cao, Q. Zhang, & J. Seydel, B2C e-commerce web site quality: an empirical examination, Industrial Management & Data Systems, Vol. 105, No. 5, pp. 645-661, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1108/02635570510600000
- E. K. Huizingh, The content and design of web sites: an empirical study, Information & Management, Vol. 37, No. 3, pp. 123-134, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7206(99)00044-0
- T. Ahn, S. Ryu, & I. Han, The impact of the online and offline features on the user acceptance of Internet shopping malls, Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, Vol. 3, No. 4, pp. 405-420, 2005.
- S. H. Cho & H. J. Choi, Research on the Differences of Selection Attribute according to the Involvement of Wine Consumers, Korean Society of Food and Cookery Science, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 240-253, 2009.
- G. Rose, H. Khoo & D. W. Straub, Current technological impediments to business-to-consumer electronic commerce, Communications of the AIS, Vol. 1, Article 16, pp. 1-73, 1999.
- R. N. Stone & F. W. Winter, Risk: is it still uncertainty times consequences?, In Proceedings of the American Marketing Association (pp. 261-265), Southern Marketing Association, 1987.
- R. A. Bauer, Consumer behavior as risk taking, Dynamic marketing for a changing world, 398, 1960.
- S. W. Bae, A Study on the Impact of Perceived Quality, Perceived Risk, and Trust on Perceived Value, Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 169-180, 2005.
- F. Hansen, Consumer Choice Behavior: A Cognitive theory, New York: The free press 439, 1972.
- D. Selz & P. Schubert, A Model for the Evaluation and the Assessment of Successful Electronic Commerce Applications, Electronic Markets, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 46-48, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1080/10196789700000038
- K. J. Stewart, Trust transfer on the world wide web. Organization Science, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 5-17, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1287/orsc.22.214.171.12410
- J. A. Cazier, B. Shao, & R. D. St Louis, E-business differentiation through value-based trust, Information & Management, Vol. 43, No. 6, pp. 718-727, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2006.03.006
- S. Chow & R. Holden, Toward an understanding of loyalty: the moderating role of trust, Journal of Managerial Issues, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 275-299, 1997.
- S. Quinton & H. M. Sally, Trust and online wine purchasing: insights into UK consumer behaviour, International Journal of Wine Business Research, Vol. 20, Issue. 1, pp. 68- 85, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1108/17511060810864624
- M. Wolfinbarger & M. C. Gilly, Shopping Online for Freedom, Control, and Fun, California Management Review, Vol. 43, No. 2, pp. 34-55, 2001. https://doi.org/10.2307/41166074
- C. Fornell & D. F. Larcker, Evaluating structural equation models with unobservable variables and measurement error, Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 39-50, 1981. https://doi.org/10.2307/3151312
- J. F. Hair, W. C. Black, B. J. Babin, R. E. Anderson, & R. L.Tatham, Multivariate Data Analysis, 6th ed., Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson, 2006.
- J. C. Nunnally, Psychometric Theory. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1978.
- J. H. Steiger & J. C. Lind, Statistically based tests for the number of common factors, In annual meeting of the Psychometric Society, Iowa City, IA, Vol. 758, 1980.
- M. J. Kim, A Study on the Importance and Satisfaction for the Attributes of Choosing Wine Retail Shop, Journal of Foodservice Management Society of Korea, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 199-222, 2008.
- D. H. McKnight, V. Choudhury, & C. Kacmar, Developing and validating trust measures for e-commerce: an integrative typology, Information Systems Research, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 334-359, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.13.3.334.81
- W. H. Delone & E. R. McLean, Information systems success: the quest for the dependent variable, Information Systems Research, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 60-85, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.3.1.60
- M. M. Misic & K. Johnson, Benchmarking: a tool for web site evaluation and improvement, Internet Research, Vol. 9, No. 5, pp. 383-392, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1108/10662249910297787
- P. Ratnasingham, The importance of trust in electronic commerce, Internet Research, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 313-321, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1108/10662249810231050
- H. W. Kim, Y. Xu, & S. Gupta, Which is more important in Internet shopping, perceived price or trust?, Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 241-252, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.elerap.2011.06.003
- S. L. Jarvenpaa & P. A. Todd, Consumer reactions to electronic shopping on the World Wide Web, International Journal of Electronic Commerce, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 59-88, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1080/10864415.1996.11518283
- S, H. Jang, Y. J. Ma, & C. W. Lee, A Study on Influencing m-Loyalty of Website Quality in the Mobile Commerce, The e-Business Studies, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 131-153. 2009.
- H. F. Lin, The impact of website quality dimensions on customer satisfaction in the B2C e-commerce context, Total Quality Management and Business Excellence, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 363-378, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1080/14783360701231302
- S. H. Lee & H. R. Lee, The Effect of the Wine Consumers according to the Level of Involvement in Perceived Risk and Information Search on Consumer Satisfaction, Journal of Foodservice Management, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 297-319, 2012.
- A. Parasuraman, V. A. Zeithaml, & A. Malhotra, E-SQUAL a multiple-item scale for assessing electronic service quality, Journal of Service Research, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 213-233, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1177/1094670504271156