- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
The Affects of Characteristics of CEO, Competence on Corporate Strategy and Organizational effectiveness in Venture Companies
벤처기업의 창업자특성과 역량, 기업전략이 조직유효성에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구
- Lee, Sang-Baek (Dept. of Information Management, Graduate School of Venture, Hoseo University) ;
- Yang, Hae-Sool (Dept. of Information Management, Graduate School of Venture, Hoseo University)
- Received : 2013.09.30
- Accepted : 2013.12.20
- Published : 2013.12.28
This research draws the factors of managerial performance that was verified by research model and hypothesis after considering research type, factors of performance and research model. The result of this research is as below. Firstly, psychological traits, capabilities of CEO is positively correlated with cost superior tactic and organizational effectiveness Secondly, entrepreneurial capability of CEO is positively correlated with organizational effectiveness for and managerial capability of CEO is positively correlated with cost superior tactic and technical capability of CEO is positively correlated with organizational effectiveness. Thirdly, technical resource is positively correlated with product innovation differentiation tactic, and organizational effectiveness and finance resource is positively correlated with marketing differentiation tactic and organizational effectiveness, and marketing capability is positively correlated with product differentiation tactic, marketing. Fourthly, product innovation-differentiation tactic, marketing differentiation tactic, and cost superior tactic are positively correlated with organizational effectiveness.
Characteristics of CEO;business strategy;organizational effectiveness
- Young Bae Park.Chang Seok Yoon, An Exploratory Study on the Determinants of Management Performance to Venture Business, KSI (Hanguk Haksul Chungbo) 2001, Vol.4(1), pp.3-34.
- Choi, Y. K. and S. W. Chung, "The role of an entrepreneur's human/social capital in opportunity exploitation and venture capital investment" Journal of Entrepreneurship and Venture Studies, 2010.
- Hitt, M. A. and R. D. Ireland(1984), Corporate Distinctive Competence and Performance: Effects of Perceived Environmental Uncertainty, Size and Technology, Decision Sciences, Vol. 15, N0. 3, pp.324-326. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1540-5915.1984.tb01222.x
- Covin J. G., and D. P. Slevin, New Venture Strategic Posture Structure, and Performance: An Industry Life Cycle Analysis, Journal of Business Venturing, vol. 5. pp.123-135.1991.
- Buddelmeyer, H., P. H. Jensen, and E. Webster, "Innovation and the Determinants of Company Survival" Oxford Economic Paper, 2010.
- Shepherd, D. A. and E. J. Douglas, "New Venture Survival : Ignorance external Shocks, and Risk Reduction Strategies" Journal of Business Venturing, 2000.
- Murphy, G. B., J. W. Trailer, and R. C. Hill, "Measuring Performance in Entrepreneurship Research" Journal of Business Research, 1996.
- Chandler G. N. & H. Hanks, "Market Attractiveness, Resource-based Capabilities, Venture Strategies, and Venture Performance" Journal of Business Venturing, 1994.
- Hitt, M. A., Keats, B. W. & DeMarie, S. M., "Navigating in the new competitive landscape : Building strategic flexibility and competitive advantage in the 21st century" Academy of Management Executive, 1998.
- Miller, D. and Toulouse, J. M., "Strategy, structure, CEO personality and performance in small firms" American Journal o fSmall Business, 1986.
- Baum, J. R, The Relation dor Traits, Competencies, Vision, Motivation, and Strategy to Venture Growth", Doctoral Dissertation Maryland University. 1994.
- Carroll, G. and M. T. Hannan, Organizations in Industry : Strategy, Structure, and Selection, Oxford University Press, New York, 1995.
- Optimized Bankruptcy Prediction through Combining SVM with Fuzzy Theory vol.13, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.3.155