- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Exploratory Study on Big-data based Election Campaign Strategy Model in South Korea
빅데이터 기반 선거캠페인 전략에 관한 탐색적 연구
- Noh, Kyoo-Sung (Department of Business Administration, Sunmoon University)
- 노규성 (선문대학교 경영학부)
- Received : 2013.12.01
- Accepted : 2013.12.20
- Published : 2013.12.28
The victory of Barack Obama in the presidential reelection, in which he got closer to voters by scientific election strategy based on data, is making a new paradigm of this scientific election mechanism. But it is within bounds to say that Korean election has developed based on emotional confrontation, rather than on the confrontation of policy or personal qualification. This study suggests a Big data-based election campaign strategy in an effort to reduce the harmful consequences of Korean election and to settle down a desirable campaign culture. To do so, this study examines the actual status and problems of Korean politics and election campaign. And then it designs a Korean election strategy model using Big data as an alternative to break through the problems. Last, it discusses the plan to utilize Big data.
Election Campaign;Big data;Targeting;Data Analysis;Campaign Strategy
- Eric Siegel, Predictive Analytics, John Wiley & Sons eBook, loc 5209, 2013.
- Han-Seok Ko, The Science of Winning with Big data, Easy publishing Inc., Korea, p. 276, 2013.
- Issenberg Sasha, How President Obama's campaign used big data to rally individual voters, MIS Technology Review, 2012.12.16.
- Jin-Seung Shon & Kyoo-Hyun Choi, Trend and Implication of the Commercial Solution of Big data, Weekly IT Report No. 1592, National IT Industry Promotion Agency, Korea, pp. 14-24, 2013.4.17.
- Jong-Bin Yoon, The 17th Presidential Election and Candidate-Oriented Factors, Contemporary Politics, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 59-83, 2008.
- Kyoo-Sung Noh, Hyeong-Soo Kim, An Exploratory Study on 'Smart Citizens Party' Model, Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 125-136, 2011.
- Kyoo-Sung Noh, Seung-Hee Lee, A Study on Innovative Model for Communication System of Political Parties in Korea by using Big data, , International Journal of Advancement in Computing Technology, Vol. 5, No. 13, AICIT, 2013.
- Lampitt Andrew, The real story of how big data analytics helped Obama win, InfoWorld, 2013.2.14.
- Man-Ki Kim, Political Advertising and Public Relations Theory and Practice, Namseoul University Press, Korea, 2012,
- Michael Minelli et al., Bigdata Big Analytics, John Wiley & Sons, Inc, 2013, p. 14, pp. 151-160.
- Min-Jeong Song, Business Future Loadmap Made by Big data, Hansmedia, Korea, pp. 7-9, 2012.
- Yeon-Hee Lim, The Fifth Local Election and Twitter: Attitudes of Candidates for Mayors and Governors in Daejeon and Chungcheongnam-do on Use Gratification and Regulations of Twitter, Social Science Discussion and Policy, Vol. 3 No. 2, pp. 67 -98, 2010.
- Yoo-Yaek Lee & Young-Jo Song, The Easy Guidebook for Big data Analysis/Utilization in Public Sector V1.0, National Information Society Agency, Korea, p. 31, 2013.
- Kyoo-Sung Noh, Young-Min Park, Realization Conditions and Problems of the Digital Politics and Electronic Party in the Korean parties, Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 1, No. 1, p. 15, 2003.
- Hyen Tae KIM, Elecrtonic Campaign and Political Development in Korea, ORUEM Publishing House, Korea, 2007.
- Jong-Bin Yoon, The Metropolitan Voting Behavior in the 2007 Presidential Election: Regionalism, Ideology and Candidate Factors, Journal of the Korean Association of Party Studies, Vol. 6, N0. 2, pp. 65-95, 2007.
- Sung-Ho Jung, Politics Communication and TV Discussion, Publishing House Chasong, Korea, 2003.
- A study on the nation images of the big three exporting countries in East Asia shown in Wikipedia English-Edition vol.26, pp.5, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2015.26.5.1071
- Extracting week key issues and analyzing differences from realtime search keywords of portal sites vol.14, pp.12, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.12.237
- Selecting a key issue through association analysis of realtime search words vol.13, pp.12, 2015, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.12.161