- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Current Status and Efficient Activation Plan for the Kaesong Industrial Complex Project - Focusing on the survey of South Korean companies in the Kaesong Industrial Complex and an analysis of the main causes of management frustration
개성공단 사업의 추진현황과 효율적 활성화 방안에 관한 연구 - 입주기업의 실태조사와 주요 경영상 애로요인 분석을 중심으로
- Kim, Yang-Su (Dept. of Information Management, Graduate School of Venture, Hoseo University) ;
- Yang, Hae-Sool (Dept. of Information Management, Graduate School of Venture, Hoseo University)
- Received : 2013.10.14
- Accepted : 2013.12.20
- Published : 2013.12.28
This study was aimed to research the problems of business in Special Economic Zone, Kaesong Industrial Complex to relieve the tensions of politics and military ties in the Korean Peninsula and revitalize the Economic Cooperation between South and North Korea, and to suggest the needs of policy alternatives to resolve the problems, and to propose the sustainable developmental strategy to carry forward a enterprise successfully in the view points of companies and Kaesong Industrial Complex. Through the survey of Kaesong Industrial Complex, we reviewed the expected effects of the business. Besides, through this survey, we became aware deeply the actual conditions of the companies that are occupied in the Kaesong Industrial Complex and their mother companies, and the statistically important factors of difficulties in management.
Kaesong Industrial Complex;Special Economic Zone;Economic Cooperation between South and North Korea;Actual Condition of the Companies;Factors of Difficulties in Management
- Man-Bok Kim, Jong-Cheon Baek, Jae-Jeong Lee(2013,3). The way of peace on the Korean peninsula. Seoul: Neulpumplus.
- Yeong-Hwa Jung (2003, June). North Korea Special Economic Zones Law the analysis of views. North Korea law research. North Korea Act study group. No.6, pp.121-153.
- Sung-Hoon Lim (2006, winter). The Gaesong industrial complex, how to attract foreign investment. A unified economy. Hyundai Economic Research Institute. Vol. No.87, pp.22-32.
- Yeun-Soo Kim(2006, winter). North Korea frees South Korea's rapidly changing situation and observe the rights of measures. New Asia. New Asia order restoration research annex new Asia Research Institute. No.4 Vol. No.49, pp.66-96.
- Tae-Yun Um(2007,11). North Korean Policies and South-North Economic Cooperation of South Korea and the U.S.. Jipmoondang.
- Bong-Geun Jeon (2006). The Gaesong industrial complex project the main visor and responses. Analysis of major international issues.
- Tae-Yun Um(2007). Research on Change in South Korea and America's North Korean Policy and Development of Inter-Korean Economic Cooperation Plan. Hankuk University of Foreign Studies graduate thesis for a doctorate.
- Sam-Ki Cho(2009). An Empirical Study of Business in the Kaesong Industrial Complex : An Exploration of Research Methods. Myongji University graduate thesis for a doctorate.
- Jin-Hoon Hwang and Hyun-Eel Kim, (2008). Advanced performance analysis and policy proposal of the Kaesong industrial complex. Industrial Bank Research2008. October, No.635.
- Young-Geun Kim(2009). Following the success of the conditions regarding North Korea development model city: Kaesong industrial complex barriers and activation measures. Peace studies. Vol.10, no.4.
- Bong-Hyun Cho(2011). Developing measures of Kaesong industrial complex. based on North Korea-South Korea Relations. Review of the North Korean economy. Vol.13, No.10, 2011.
- Young-Jin Kim and Moon-Soo Park (2004). KIC labour environment and labour management: People's Republic of China Harbin's investment business practices in comparison with. Northeast Asian studies. KyungNam University, Far Eastern studies. Vol.9, pp.117-140.
- Seung-ryul Oh(2004, November). Kaesong industrial complex successful settlement: North Korea nuclear and the North-South economic cooperation. Land. Homeland researcher. Vol. No.227, pp.26-33.
- Jang-Jun Song(2011, 12). For the activation of the complex policy challenges. Korea small business Institute.
- Ministry of Unification(2013). 2013 Understanding North Korea. Seoul: Ministry of unification.
- Dong-Ho Cho et al.(2012,10). The strategy of South-North Economic Cooperation for coevolution . Seoul: the East Asian Institute.
- Kyu-Suk Lee(2011). achievements and challenges of North and South Korea economic cooperation business : Based on a case of Kaesong industrial complex. Social science research. Vol.22, No.1, Chungnam Social Science Research Institute.
- Ewha womans University Institute of unification studies(2009,11). History of North Korea-South Korea relations. Seoul: Ewha womans University Press,
- Ministry of Unification(2011). A guide of Kaesong industrial complex. Ministry of Unification Inter-Korean Cooperation District Support Directorate. Seoul: Ministry of unification.
- Ministry of Unification(2013). 2013 Unification white paper. Seoul: Ministry of unification.
- Jang-Jun Song(2011,12). Political challenges for the activation of Kaesong industrial complex. Seoul: Korea small business Institute.
- Dae-Kyu Yoon(2013,5). An Inconvenient Truth about North Korea. Seoul: Hanul.
- Jeong-Mo Kang and Won-Kyu Park (2004, 10). Measures to improve the economy of the North-South economic cooperation with North Korea. International economic research. Kyung Hee University social science policy fellow at the International Management Institute. Vol.10, No.1, pp.1-34.
- Soon-Gick Hong (2003, 8). How do you go to releasing North-South economic cooperation. Open the Congressional policy discussions.
- Jong-Wook Ahn(2011.12). Research on necessity of activating special economic zone as the political and economic integration -mainly on Kaesong industry-. Daejin University graduate thesis for a doctorate.
- Moon-Soo Yang(2005). Issues of North-South economic exchanges and cooperation and current stage of min. North Korea studies Newsletter. Vol.9, No.2, pp.260.
- Hae-Jung Lee(2011.7). Pending issue and Challenge : Kaesong industrial complex, superior to Republic of China and Vietnam in terms of competitiveness. Seoul: Hyndai Research Institute.