- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Study of Management Strategies on CJ E&M, the Leading Firm in the Korean Media industry
국내 미디어 선도기업 경영전략 분석: CJ E&M을 중심으로
- Received : 2013.10.04
- Accepted : 2013.12.20
- Published : 2013.12.28
In circumstances that case studies of management strategy for the domestic media company were rare, this study was performed case analysis of CJ E&M, representative new media/contents company in Korea. An evolutionary perspective is applied to diversification of the business and the external environmental analysis/resource based view are applied to capability evaluation since the inauguration as analysis frameworks. Unlike other media companies, CJ E&M have increased synergies of scale through horizontal, vertical diversification and superior contents strategies. furthermore, there are many advantages of enthusiasm of the leadership, expertise, high human configuration, creative corporate culture, effective contents portfolio. However, it is necessary to note that too much emphasis on competition and the performance of the organization may make organizational atmosphere rigid and weaken the global competitiveness.
Management strategy;CJ E&M;Five forces model;Resource based view;Diversification;Contents enhanced strategy
Supported by : 한독미디어대학원
- Kenneth Andrews, The Concept of Corporate Strategy, Dow Jones-Irwin, 1971.
- Porter Michael E., Competitive Strategy, New York: Free Press, 1980.
- Sea Jin Chang, Strategic Management in the age of global competition, 5th(ed.), Pakyoungsa, 2007.
- Barney J. B., Firm resources and sustained competitive advantage, Journal of Management, 7, pp.49-64, 1991.
- Hoe-Kyung Jung, Media Management/ Economics, Communication Books, 2013.
- Campbell D. T., Variation and selective retention in socio-cultural evolution. In H. R. Barringer, G. I. Blanksten, & R. W. Mack(Eds.), Social Change in Developing Areas: A Reinterpretation of Evolutionary Theory. Cambridge, MA : Schenkman, 1965.
- Young Soo Kim, Determinant Factors of MPP's Horizontal Integration Strategies, Korean Journal of Broadcasting and Telecommunication Studies, vol.22, no.3, pp.86-128, 2008.
- Seong Ho Park, Strategic Behavior of CJ Group's Media business entities, master's thesis, Sogang University, 2011.
- Ji Yeon Kim, A Study of integrated synergy effect in media company, master's thesis, Inha University, 2011.
- Quinn R. E. & Rohrbaugh J., A spatial model of effectiveness criteria: Towards a competing values approach to organizational analysis, Management Science, 29(3), pp.363-377, 1983. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.29.3.363