- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Adjustment effect of the suitability factors of strategy between Information Technology Outsourcing(ITO)'s influence and outcome factors in Government offices
전략의 적합성 요인이 ITO 영향요인과 성과요인 간에 미치는 조절효과 - 공공기관 중심으로
- Received : 2013.10.06
- Accepted : 2013.12.20
- Published : 2013.12.28
This study analyzed that adjustment roles of the organization and Information System strategy suitability factors between influence and introduction outcome factors in the IT outsourcing in government offices. Influence factors of IT outsourcing are organization factor(information system maturity, CEO's support), trade factor(asset speciality, uncertainty, using degree of information system), risk factor(risk of security, risk of increase in cost, risk of losing autonomy). And outcome factors are set as economic effect and technology effect. We analyzed that organization and IS strategy suitability factors as moderator variables. Results are the followings. It was analyzed that organization and IS strategy suitability factors are in charge of adjusting role among information system maturity which is lower variable of organization factor, CEO's support, uncertainty of trade factor's lower variable, risk of security which is risk factor's lower variable, risk of increase in cost, loss of autonomy. Therefore, in order for organization to increase the outcome of information technology, organization strategy and IS strategy should be promoted in combined manner. However, it was analyzed that strategy suitability could not take the adjusting role between asset specialty and introduction outcome.
- Lee, Young Whan, The Research on Trade Cost of Public Institutions Information System Outsourcing, Ph. D. Dissertation, Graduate School Seoul National University, 2007.
- Williamson, O. E., "Transaction-Cost Economics : The Governance of Contractual Relations", The Journal of Law and Economics, 10, 1979.
- Eisenhardt, K. M., "Agency Theory : An Assessment and Review", Academy of Management Review, Vol. 14, No. 1, 1988, pp. 57-74.
- Grant, R. M., "The Resource-based Theory of Competitive Advantage : Implications for Strategy Formulation", California Management Review, 33(3), 1991, pp. 114-135. https://doi.org/10.2307/41166664
- Teng, J. T. C., Cheon, M. J. and Grover, V., "Decisions to Information Systems Functions : Testing a Strategy - Theoretic Discrepancy Model", Decision Sciences, 1995.
- Barney, J., "Firm Resources and Sustained Competitive Advantage", Journal of Management, Vol. 17, No. 1, 1991. pp. 99-120.
- Drucker, P. F., "Plan Now for the Future", Modern Office Technology, March, 1993, pp. 10-12.
- Choi, Hyeon Gi, The Research on Distribution Outsourcing Decision Factor: The Case of Korean Apparel Company, Master's Thesis, Graduate School Chung-Ang University, 1998.
- Lee, Chil, The Core Capabilities of the Global Companies, The Economic Intelligence Institute, Four Seasons, 1994. p. 36.
- Hamel, G. and Prahalad, C. K., "The Core Competences of the Corporation", Harvard Business Review, May-June, 1994, pp. 80-91.
- Quinn, J. B. and Hilmer, F. G., "Strategic Outsourcing", Sloan Management Review, Summer, 1994.
- Grover, V., M. Cheon and J. T. C. Teng, "An Evaluation of the Impact of Corporate Strategy and the Role of Information Technology on IS Functional Outsourcing", European Journal of Information Systems, Vol. 3, No. 3, 1994a, pp. 33-44.
- Kim, Young Ju, The Research on Successful Factors of Information System Outsourcing Management, Ph. D. Dissertation, Graduate School Dan-kuk University, 2000.
- Van de Ven. Andrew H. and R. Drazin, "The Concept of Fit in Contingency Theory", In Research in Organizational Behavior, Vol. 7, 1985, pp. 333- 365.
- Lee, Tae Ho, A Study on the Determinant Factors and the Sucess Factors of Information System Outsourcing, Ph. D. Dissertation, Graduate School Young-Nam University, 2002.
- Shin, Hyeong Sik, An Empirical Study on Facilitators and Inhibitors of the Information Systems Outsourcing in Korean Hospitals, Ph. D. Dissertation, Graduate School Dong-kuk University, 2007.
- Broadbent, M. and P. Weill, "Improving Business and Information Strategy Alignment : Learning form the Backing Industry", IBM, No. 1, 1993.
- Chan, Y. E, Business Strategy, Information Systems Strategy, and Strategic Fit : Measurement and Performance Impacts, Ph. D. Dissertation, The University of Western Ontario, Canada, 1992.
- Grover, V. and Teng, J. T. C., "The Decision to Outsourcing Information Systems Functions", Journal of Systems Management, November, 1993, pp. 34-38.
- Yi, Seon Gyu, The Influence of Business Environment, Organization Structure and Information Technology on the Performance of Information systems in Information and Communications Industries, Ph. D. Dissertation, Graduate School Kon-kuk University, 2004.
- Arnett, K. P. and M. C. Jones, "Firms that Choose Outsourcing", Information & Management, Vol. 26, 1994, pp. 179-188. https://doi.org/10.1016/0378-7206(94)90091-4
- Ji, Jung Geun, A Study on the Determining Factors of Logistics Information System Outsourcing by Functions, Ph. D. Dissertation, Graduate School Myeong-Ji University, 2000.
- Nam, K. C., Three Essays on Information Systems Outsourcing, Ph. D. Dissertation, University of New York, 1995.
- Loh, L., The Economics and Organization of Information Technology Governance : Sourcing Strategic for Corporate Information Infrastructure, Ph. D. Dissertation, MIT, 1993.
- Lee, M. H., Factors Affecting Information Systems Sourcing Decisions : Data Processing Services in the Banking Industry, Ph. D. Dissertation, University of Texas, 1994.
- Earl, M., Management Strategies for Information Technology, Prentice Hall International(UK) Ltd., 1996.
- Jurison, J., "The Role of Risk and Return in Information Technology Outsourcing Decisions", Journal of Information Technology, Vol. 10, 1995, pp. 239-247. https://doi.org/10.1057/jit.1995.27
- Lee Jae-Nam and Kim Yong-Gul, "Information Systems Outsourcing Strategies for Affiliated Firms of the Korean Conglomerate Groups", Journal of Strategic Information Systems, Vol. 6, 1997, pp. 203-229. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0963-8687(97)00017-6
- Teo, T. S. H. and W. R. King, "Integration between Business Planning and Information Systems Planning : An Evolutionary Contingency Perspective", Journal of Management Information Systems, Vol. 14, No. 1, 1997, pp. 185-214. https://doi.org/10.1080/07421222.1997.11518158
- An, Jung Ho and Park, Ji Sang, The Research on Recognized Effectiveness in accordance with Outsourcing Types of Information System Function., The Journal of MIS Research, Vol. 4, No. 2, 1994, pp. 165-187.