- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
The Role of the Value Added Network Service Industry in the Korean Economy: Using An Input-Output Analysis
부가통신서비스산업의 경제적 파급효과 분석: 산업연관분석을 이용하여
- Shin, Yong Jea (Business School, Sogang University) ;
- Choi, Sung Wook (Dept. of Management Information System, Sahmyook University)
- Received : 2013.10.01
- Accepted : 2013.12.20
- Published : 2013.12.28
The value added network service industry has played and important role in the telecommunication service industry and in the economic development of Korea. This study uses input-output analysis to investigate the role of value added network service sector in the Korean national economy for the period 2000, 2005, 2009, focusing on four topics in its application: production inducing effects, value-added inducing effect, employment-inducing effects by demand-driven model and supply shortage effect by supply-driven model, inflation impacts by the Leontief price model, finally analysing inter-industry linkage effects. The results of this study are as follows: production inducing effects analysis 2000 0.5253won to 2009 1.31314won, value-added inducing effects 0.25112won to 0.5337won employment inducing effects from 0.09749 to 0.21025 people grew, the supply shortage effect from 1.29003 to 2.12048won, price impact of Leontief price model was increased from 0.0022% to 0.00258%. Finally, inter-industry linkage effects, appeared to have the characteristics of final demand raw industrial.
Supported by : 삼육대학교
- Han J. H., Moon T. S., "An Empirical Study on Perceived Value and Perceived Enjoyment of IPTV Service and Continuous Intention to Use", Journal of Internet e-Commerce studies, Vol. 12, No. 2, 125-147, 2012.
- Jeong W. S., Lee S. T., "An Analysis of the Economic Effects of the Project which Constructs the Platform for Broadcasting and Communications Convergence Public Service", Journal of the Korean institute of communication sciences, Vol. 34. No.7, 734-743, 2009.
- Jung K. O., Lim E. S., "Analyzing a Role of the Communication Service Industry Using an Inter-Industry Analysis", The Journal of Business and Economics, Vol. 25, No. 1, 25-51, 2009.
- Kim, Y. B., Lee S.H., Kim J.B., "A Study on the Bundle Strategy through Attributes related to the Perceived Customer Value of Telecommunication Services", Information Systems Review, Vol.13, No.3., 123-139, 2011.
- KISA, Korea internet white paper, 2011.
- Korea Association for ICT Promotion(KAIT), 2011 Yearbook of Broadcastiong and communications industry statistics, 2012.
- Lee J. Y., Choi Y., "A Study on Acceptance Factors of Smart TV", Korean journal of broadcasting, Vol. 26, No. 4, 386-430, 2012.
- Lee M.S., Lee Y. H., Kim M. S., "Future IPTV Service's Shift and Policy Issues in Convergence Environments", The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 11, No.5, 2013.
- Lim D. M., Value Added Network Service, Trends of information and communications industry, Vol. 2008, No. 1, 2008.
- Miller R. E., & Blair P. D.. Input-Output Analysis: Foundations and Extensions, Prentice-Hall, 1985.
- Park C. H., "Social Economy ripple effect of ICT Service", Journal of The Korean Institute of Communication Sciences, Vol. 27, No. 12, 11-17, 2010.
- The Bank of Kore, 2009 Input Output Table, 2011.
- The Bank of Korea, Explanations of 2003 Input Ouput Analysis, 2007.
- Yoo S.H. & Yoo T.H., The role of the nuclear power generation in the Korean national economy: An input-output analysis, Progress in Nuclear Energy, 51, 86-92, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pnucene.2007.12.001
- Yoon J. H., "A Study of Factors Affecting the Continued Usage Intention of Mobile Telecommunication Service Provider", The e-business studies, Vol. 13, No. 3, 183-203, 2012. https://doi.org/10.15719/geba.13.3.201209.183