- Volume 2 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Thermal Characteristics of the Optimal Design on 20W COB LED Down Light Heat Sink
- Kwon, Jae-Hyun (Department of Information and Communication Engineering, Wonkwang University) ;
- Lee, Jun-Myung (Department of Information and Communication Engineering, Wonkwang University) ;
- Huang, Wei (School of Computer and Communication engineering, Tianjin University of Technology) ;
- Park, Keon-Jun (Department of Information and Communication Engineering, Wonkwang University) ;
- Kim, Yong-Kab (Department of Information and Communication Engineering, Wonkwang University)
- 투고 : 2013.09.26
- 발행 : 2013.11.30
As the demand of the LED for lighting that emits light by p-n junction is increasing, studies on heatproof plate technology is being conducted to minimize the temperature of the LED lighting. As for the temperature of the LED devices, their light emitting efficiency decreases and the maximum lifespan drops down to 1/5. Therefore there are heat dissipation studies going on to minimize the heat. For LED heat dissipation, aluminum heat sink plates are mostly used. For this paper, we designed heat sink that fits residential 20W COB LED Down Light; packaged the heat sink and 20W COB and analyzed and evaluated the thermal properties through a Solidworks flow simulation. We are planning to design the optimal heat sink plate to solve the thermal agglomeration considering TIM(Thermal Interface material).
Heat sink;Solidworks Simulation;LED;Junction Temperature;Optimum Design
연구 과제 주관 기관 : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)
- G.B. Hong, T.S Jang and Y.K. Kim, "Analysis of LED visible light communications system based on remote dimming control," Korea Institute of Information and Communication Technology Electronics, Vol.4, No.3, pp. 153-157, 2011.
- Eo Iksu, "Analysis of heat dissipation of the LED lighting fixtures using CF-design," Korea Academic Industrial Society, Vol 9, No.6, pp. 1565-1568, 2008. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2008.9.6.1565
- Y.L. Lee and S.H. Hwang, "Study on Thermal Design of a 3W MR16 Light with single High-Power LED," J. of the KAICS, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 1023-1209. 2010. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.4.1203
- JEDEC Standard EIZ/JESD51-1, Integrated Circuits Thermal Measurement Method-Electrical Test Method (Single Semiconductor Device), EIA, 1955.
- K.H. Um and S.T Yoo "A Study for Designing of Intelligent Lighting Control LED Apparatus," The Journal of the Institute of Internet, Broadcasting and Communication(JIIBC), Vol.8,No.5, pp. 221-227, 2008.
- F. Farahmand, F. P. Dawson and J. D. Lavers "Temperature Rise and Free Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient for 2-D Pot-Core Inductors and Transformers," Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers(IEEE), pp. 2622-2629, 2005.
- T.S. Jung and H.K. Kang, "Investigation of Natural Convective Heat Flow Characteristics of Heat Sink," Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. Vol. 37, No. 1, pp. 27-33, 2013. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-B.2013.37.1.027
- B.G Kim, K.W Kim, T.S Jang, J.M Lee and Y.K Kim, "Development of Current Control System for solar LED street Light System," Journal of Advanced Smart Convergence(JASC), Vol1, No1, pp52-56, 2012. https://doi.org/10.7236/JASC2012.1.1.10
- J.W Lee and J.W Im, " A Study on the Development of LED Spot Luminaire for Image Lighting," The Institute of Internet, Broadcasting and Communication(IIBC), Vol.10, No.5, pp. 271-276, 2010.
- J.M Han and D.S Seo, "Electro-optical Characteristics of LED Flat Light Source in Low Temperature Condition," The Institute of Internet, Broadcasting and Communication(IIBC), Vol.11, No.1, pp.61-65, 2011.