- Volume 2 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
An Agent-based Network Management System Using Active Information Resources
- Kinoshita, Tetsuo (Research Institute of Electrical Communication, Tohoku University) ;
- Kitagata, Gen (Research Institute of Electrical Communication, Tohoku University) ;
- Takahashi, Hideyuki (Research Institute of Electrical Communication, Tohoku University) ;
- Sasai, Kazuto (Research Institute of Electrical Communication, Tohoku University) ;
- Kalegele, Khamisi (Research Institute of Electrical Communication, Tohoku University)
- Received : 2013.09.09
- Published : 2013.11.30
An expert network administrator is not always stationed as disasters happen. In that case, it is desirable that a novice administrator is capable of taking part in network recovery operations as well. In this paper, an agent-based network management system in emergency situations is presented. We use the Active Information Resource based Network Management System (AIR-NMS) to relieve the human administrator from parts of her management tasks and present an interface that remotely can control this management system. The effectiveness of the system is demonstrated by experiments using a prototype system.
Active Information Resource (AIR);Network Management System;Knowledge-based Autonomous System;Multiagent System;Disaster Recovery
- H. S. Nwana, "Software agents: An overview", Knowledge Engineering Review, 11(3), pp.205-244, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1017/S026988890000789X
- N. Samaan, A. Karmouchm "Towards Autonomic Network Management: an Analysis of Current and Future Research Directions", IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, 11(3), pp.22-36, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/SURV.2009.090303
- J. Keeney, D. Lewis and D. O„Sullivan, "Ontological semantics for distributing contextual knowledge in highly distributed autonomic systems", Journal of Network and System Management, Special Issue on Autonomic Pervasive and Context-aware Systems, 15(1), pp.75-86, 2007.
- B. Li, T. Abe, K. Sugawara and T. Kinoshita, "Active Information Resource: Design Concept and Example", 17th International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications, pp.274-277, 2003.
- S. Konno, Y. Iwaya, T. Abe, T. Kinoshita, "Design of Network Management Support System based on Active Information Resource", 18th International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications (AINA), pp.102-106, 2004.
- B. Li and T. Kinoshita, "Active Support for Using Academic Information Resource in Distributed Environment", International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, 7(6), pp.69-73, 2007.
- K. Sasai, J. Sveholm, G. Kitagata and T. Kinoshita, "A Practical Design and Implementation of Active Information Resource based Network Management System", International Journal of Energy, Information and Communications, 2(4), pp.67-86, 2011.
- Y. Takahashi, D. Misugi, A. Sakatoku, A. Satoh, A. Takahashi, K. Sasai, G. Kitagata, T. Abe and T. Kinoshita, "Knowledge Oriented Network Fault Resolution Method Based on Active Information Resource," IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Web Intelligence and Intelligent Agent Technology, pp.361-364, 2010.
- T. Kinoshita and K. Sugawara, "ADIPS Framework for Flexible Distributed Systems", Multiagent Platforms, ser. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, T. Ishida, Ed. Springer Berlin/Heidelberg, vol. 1599, pp.18-32, 1999.