- Volume 2 Issue 1
In this paper we proposed a PTZ camera system which automatically detect and track moving objects in the image. Once a moving object is detected the PTZ camera traces it in real-time. We proposed the control system which does not depend on camera focusing functionality but uses the object's center, moving direction, distance and speed. We implemented the system with the TI DM6446 DSP chip. The experimental result shows that the system has excellent performance for high speed vehicles.
Embedded;Object Tracking;Meanshift;PTZ Camera;DaVinci DSP
- D Comaniciu, V Ramesh, P Meer "Real-time tracking of non-rigid objects using mean shift" Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, 2000
- R. Collins, "Mean-Shift Blob Tracking through Scale space", IEEE Computer Society Conference on CVPR'03, 2003
- K. Nummiaro, E. Koller-Meier, L. Van Gool, "A Color-Based Particle Filter", European Conference on Computer vision, pp. 53-60, 2002.
- M. Isard, A. Blake, "CONDENSATION Conditional Density Propagation for Visual Tracking", International Journal on Computer Vision, pp5-28, 1998.
- K. Nummiaro, E. Koller-Meier and L. Van Gool, "Object Tracking with an Adaptive Color-Based Particle Filter", Symposium for Pattern Recognition of the DAGM, pp353-360, 2002.
- SH. Lim, "Design and Implementation of an Intelligent Visual Surveillance S/W on DaVinci Processor", 2008
- S. Khan, O. Javed and M. Shah, "Tracking in Uncalibrated Cameras with Overlapping Field of View", PETS, 2001.
- J. Krumm, S. Harris, B. Meyers, B. Brumitt, M. Hale and S. Shafer, "Multi-Camera Multi-Person Tracking for EasyLiving", International Workshop on Visual Surveillance, pp. 3-10, 2000.
- SJ. Ahn, "Design and Implementation of Davinci Based Smart Camera", 2008.
- IQmath Library Module user's guide, Texas Instruments, Dallas, Texas, 2008.2
- TMS320C64x+ DSP Image/Video Processing, Library Programmer's Guide, Texas Instruments, Dallas, Texas, 2008.5
- Vision Library Application Programming, Interface Reference Guide, Texas Instruments, Dallas, Texas, 2009.11
$x^+$DSP CPU and instruction, Texas Instruments, Dallas, Texas, 2008