- Volume 2 Issue 1
In the process of a mobile network evolution to the All-IP, it is inevitable to experience a transient period embracing both circuit and packet based data traffics. At the stage of those hybrid networks, it is important to build them in an efficient manner in terms of resource utilization which is closely related to the overall system operation cost. Especially, the multimedia telephony is one of the essential services in the advanced packet based mobile networks. In this paper an effective method of system operation is proposed for building up the multimedia telephony service while the legacy network co-exists. The proposed solution is based on the careful investigation of the usage pattern of the multimedia services in the evolving networks. This method is also expected to be a useful guideline for the network resource planning.
Mobile multimedia service;network resource;network evolution
- 3GPP: Technical Specification Group Services and System Aspects; IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) Stage2, Release11: TS 23.228 (2011)
- Miikka Poikselka, Georg Mayer: The IMS: IP Multimedia Concepts and Services: Wiley, Chichester (2009)
- Arslan Munir and Ann Gordon-Ross: SIP-based IMS Registration Analysis forWiMax-3G Interworking Architectures (2009)
- 3GPP: Service requirements for the IP multimedia core network subsystem: TS 22.228 (2009)
- 3GPP: Technical Specification Group Services and System Aspects; Network architecture, Release10: TS 23.002 (2011)