- Volume 2 Issue 1
The significance, is to introduce a novel way to employ the improved Runge-Kutta fifth order five stage method, here after called as Modified IRK(5,5) method, for system of second order robot arm problem and variations in angles at the joints in which parameters governing with two degrees of freedom which requires lesser number of function evaluations per time step as compared to the existing ones, in order to save time and spaceAn ultimate aim of this present paper is to solve application problem such as robot arm and initial value problems by applying Runge-Kutta fifth order five stage numerical techniques. The calculated output for robot arm coincides with exact solution which is found to be better, suitable and feasible for solving real time problems.
Runge-Kutta(5,5) Numerical Methods;Robot Arm;Initial Value Problems: Ordinary Differential Equations
- Z.Taha , Approach to Variable Structure Control of Industrial Robots, pp.53-59, Compiled by Warwick. K. and Pugh, A. (1988), Robot control-theory and Applications, Peter Peregrinus Ltd, North-Holland.
- Z.Taha, Dynamics and Control of Robots, Ph.D Thesis, University of Wales, 1987.
- K.Murugesan, S.Sekar, V.Murugesh and J.Y.Park, Numerical Solution of an Industrial Robot Arm Control Problem using the RK-Butcher Algorithm, International Journal of Computer Applications in Technology, Vol. 19(2), 2004, pp 132-138. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJCAT.2004.003639
- D. Gopal, V. Murugesh and K.Murugesan, Numerical Solution of Second-Order Robot Arm Control Problem using Runge-Kutta-Butcher Algorithm, International Journal of Computer Mathematics, Vol. 83, No. 3, pp.345-356, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207160600825221
- R.Ponalagusamy and S.Senthilkumar, Investigation on Numerical Solution for Robot Arm Problem, Journal of Automation, Mobile Robotics and Intelligent Systems, Vol.3, No.3, pp.34-40, 2009.