- Volume 33 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Evaluations of Nutrient Compositions and In Situ Ruminal Disappearance Rates of Roughage Sources Commonly Used in Korea
국내 이용 주요 조사료원의 영양소 함량 및 반추위 In situ 소실율 평가
- Na, Young Jun (Animal Science and Technology, Konkuk University) ;
- Lee, Kyung Won (Animal Science and Technology, Konkuk University) ;
- Hong, Kyung Hee (Animal Science and Technology, Konkuk University) ;
- Lim, Jong Soo (Animal Science and Technology, Konkuk University) ;
- Kim, Myeong Hwa (Animal Science and Technology, Konkuk University) ;
- Kim, Kyeong Hoon (National Institute of Animal Science, RDA) ;
- Lee, Sang Rak (Animal Science and Technology, Konkuk University)
- 나영준 (건국대학교 동물자원과학과) ;
- 이경원 (건국대학교 동물자원과학과) ;
- 홍경희 (건국대학교 동물자원과학과) ;
- 임종수 (건국대학교 동물자원과학과) ;
- 김명화 (건국대학교 동물자원과학과) ;
- 김경훈 (농촌진흥청 국립축산과학원) ;
- 이상락 (건국대학교 동물자원과학과)
- Received : 2013.04.18
- Accepted : 2013.11.20
- Published : 2013.12.31
This study is conducted to estimate the nutrient compositions and in-situ ruminal disappearancerates of roughage sources which are commonly used in South Korea. Twelve types of roughage sources are being selected based on surveys from more than 50 farms, and 12 samples from various farms and companies are collected and analyzed for their nutritive components and minerals. Two Hanwoo steers (BW
Supported by : 농촌진흥청
- AOAC International, and Cunniff. P. 1995. Official methods of analysis of AOAC International. AOAC International, Arlington, VA.
- Dairy, N.R.C. 2001. Nutrient requirements of dairy cattle : Seventh revised edition.
- David, R.M. 2002. Gravimetric Determination of Amylase-Treater Neutral Detergent Fiber in Feeds with Feflusing in Beakers or Crucibles: Collaborative Study. Journal of AOAC International vol. 85, No. 6. 1217-1240.
- Fox, D.G., Tylutki, T.P., Tedeschi, L.O., Van Amburgh, M.E., Chase, L.E., Pell, A.N., Overton, T.R. and Russell, J.B. 2003. The net carbohydrate and protein system for evaluating herd nutrition and nutrient excretion: CNCPS version 5.0. The net carbohydrate and protein system for evaluating herd nutrition and nutrient excretion: CNCPS version 5.0.
- Fry, S.C. 1988. The Growing Plant Cell Wall: Chemical and Metabolic Analysis, Wiley, pp. 352. Longman Scientific & Technical : New York, Wiley.
- Lee, H.S. and Lee, I.D. 2000. A comparative study of nutritive value of imported roughages, Korea Grassland Science. 20:303-308.
- Licitra, G., Hernandez, T.M. and Van Soest, P.J. 1996. Standardization of procedures for nitrogen fractionation of ruminant feeds. Animal Feed Science and Technology. 57: 347-358. https://doi.org/10.1016/0377-8401(95)00837-3
- Little, R.C., Henry, P.R. and Ammerman, C.B. 1997. Statistical analysis of repeated measures data using SAS procedures. Journal of Animal Science. 76:1216-1231.
- National Institute of Animal Science, RDA. 2012a. Korean feeding standard.
- National Institute of Animal Science, RDA. 2012b. Standard tables of feed composition in Korea.
- SAS. 2008. Statistical Analysis System ver., 9.2. SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC.
- Thomas, J.W., Yu, Y., Middleton, T. and Stallings, C. 1982. Estimations of protein damage. pp. 81-98 in Protein Requirements for Cattle: Symposium. F. N. Owens, ed. Oklahoma State Univ. MP-109, Stillwater, OK.
- Van Soest, P.J. 2006. Rice straw, the role of silica and treatments to improve quality. Animal Feed Science and Technology. 130:137-171. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.anifeedsci.2006.01.023
- Van Soest, P., Robertson, J.B., and Lewis, B.A. 1991. Methods for dietary fiber, neutral detergent fiber, and nonstarch polysaccharides in relation to animal nutrition. Journal of Dairy Science. 74:3583-3597. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(91)78551-2
- Van, S.W.M., Odiga, J.J. and Mostert, W. 1997. Digestion of feed amino acids in the rumen and small intestine of dairy cows measured with nylon-bag techniques. British Journal of Nutrition. 77:83-97. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0007114500002907
- Van S.W.M. and Tamminga, S. 1990. Protein degradation of ruminant diets. In Feedstuff evaluation. 1. Livestock. Feedstuffs. Composition. Wiseman, J. and Cole, D.J.A. (Eds.) Butterworths, London, UK, pp. 55-72.
- Varvikko, T. and Lindberg, J.E. 1985. Estimation of microbial nitrogen in nylon-bag residues by feed 15N dilution. British Journal of Nutrition. 54:473-481. https://doi.org/10.1079/BJN19850132
- Evaluation of the nutritional value of locally produced forage in Korea using chemical analysis and in vitro ruminal fermentation vol.30, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.16.0626