- Volume 14 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Clinicopathologic Characteristics of Male Breast Cancer: A Report of 21 Cases in Radiotherapy Center of Hamedan, Iran
- Sedighi, Abdolazim (Mahdieh Diagnostic and Medical Center) ;
- Hamed, Ehsan Akbari (Mahdieh Diagnostic and Medical Center) ;
- Mohammadian, Kamal (Mahdieh Diagnostic and Medical Center) ;
- Behnood, Sepideh (Mahdieh Diagnostic and Medical Center) ;
- Kalaghchi, Bita (Radiation Oncology Department,Cancer Institute, Cancer Research Center, Cancer Institute, Imam Khomeini Hospital Complex)
- Published : 2013.12.31
Background: Male breast cancer accounts for less than 1% of all cancer in men and only around 1% of all diagnosed breast cancer. Despite a significant raise in the last 25 years, it still remains a rare disease. Materials and Methods: We conducted a retrospective study from 2004-2011 with 21 male breast cancer patients. We aimed to analyze the epidemiologic data (age, personal and family history), tumor characteristics (size, histological type, location, TNM stage, receptors), surgery, adjuvant chemotherapy and radiation therapy, hormonal therapy and survival (relapse, follow up, death) who reffered to our center with breast cancer. Results: The median age was
- Bourthafour M, Belbarake R, Souadka A, et al (2011). Male breast cancer: a report of 127 cases at a Moroccan institution. BMC Res Notes, 4, 219. https://doi.org/10.1186/1756-0500-4-219
- Cutuli B, Le-Nir CC, Serin D, et al (2010). Male breast cancer, Evolution of treatment and prognostic factors, Analysis of 489 cases. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol, 73, 246-54. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.critrevonc.2009.04.002
- Dauda AM, Misauno MA, Ojo EO (2011). Histopathological types of breast cancer in Gombe, north eastern Nigeria: a seven year review. Afr J Reprod Health Mar, 15, 109-11.
- Dnami S, Ozaki M, Mortiner J (2011). Male breast cancer: An update in diagnosis, treatment and molecular profiling. Maturites, 308-14.
- Gomez-Raposo C, Zaubrana Terar F, Mayganom S (2010). Male breast cancer. Cancer Treat Rev, 36, 451-7. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ctrv.2010.02.002
- Speirs V, Shaaban AM (2008). The rising incidence of breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat, 115, 429-30.
- Tawil AN, Boulos FI, Chakhachiro Zl, et al (2011). Clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical characteristics of male breast cancer, A single center Experience, Breast J, 18, 65-8.
- Tallon-Aguilar L, Serrano-Borrero I, Lopez-Porras M (2011). Breast cancer in males. Cir Cir, 79, 296-8.
- Voney A, Kucuk A, Unsal M (2009). Male breast cancer: a retrospective analysis. Cancer Radiotherapie, 13, 103-7. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.canrad.2008.11.011
- Xia Q, Shi YX, Liu DG, Jiang WQ (2011). Clinicopathologic characteristic of male breast cancer: analysis of 25 cases at single institution. Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao, 31, 1469-73.
- Clinico-Morphological Profile and Receptor Status in Breast Cancer Patients in a South Indian Institution vol.15, pp.18, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.18.7839
- Male Breast Cancer: a 24 Year Experience of a Tertiary Care Hospital in Pakistan vol.16, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.4.1559
- Male breast carcinoma: radiotherapy contributed to favorable local control in two cases and related literature review vol.20, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1186/s40001-015-0173-x