- Volume 14 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Lack of Assocation of Glutathione S-transferase T1 Gene Null and Susceptibility to Lung Cancer in China: a Meta-analysis
- Liu, Hong-Zhou (Center for Gene Diagnosis, Zhongnan Hospital of Wuhan University) ;
- Peng, Jie (Department of Stomatology, Zhongnan Hospital of Wuhan University) ;
- Zheng, Fang (Center for Gene Diagnosis, Zhongnan Hospital of Wuhan University) ;
- Wang, Chun-Hong (Department of Public Health, Wuhan University) ;
- Han, Ming-Jun (Center for Gene Diagnosis, Zhongnan Hospital of Wuhan University)
- Published : 2013.12.31
Background: Variation in metabolic genes is regarded as an important factor in processes leading to cancer. However, the effect of GSTT1 null genotype is divergent in the form of lung cancer. Methods: Studies were conducted at different research databases from 1990 to 2013 and the total odds ratio (OR) and 95% confidence interval (CI) were calculated for lung cancer. Review Manager 5.2 and STATE 12 are employed. Results: Total OR value is calculated from 17 articles with 2,118 cases and 2,915 controls. We discovered no significant increase in lung cancer risk among subjects carrying GSTT1 null genotype [OR = 1.15; 95% CI 0.97-1.36] in this meta-analysis. Conclusion: The GSTT1 deletion polymorphism does not have a significant effect on the susceptibility to lung cancer overall in China.
- Chan-Yeung M, Tan-Un KC, Ip MS, et al (2004). Lung cancer susceptibility and polymorphisms of glutathione-Stransferase genes in Hong Kong. Lung Cancer, 45, 155-60. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lungcan.2004.01.016
- Cao YF, Chen HC, Liu XF, et al (2004). Study on the relationship between the genetic polymorphisms of GSTM1 and GSTT1 genes and lung cancer susceptibility in the population of Hunan Province of China. Life Sci Res, 8, 126-32.
- Chen HC, Cao YF, Hu WX, et al (2006). Genetic polymorphisms of phase II metabolic enzymes and lung cancer susceptibility in a population of Central South China. Disease Markers, 22, 141-52. https://doi.org/10.1155/2006/436497
- Du GB (2011). A study on relationship between genetic polymorphism of GSTM1 and GSTT1 gene and susceptibility to lung cancer in the population of northern Sichuan of China[D]. CHINA: North Sichuan Medical College, 12-4
- Fan J, Gan LG, Liang KC, et al (2010). Study on the relationship between the genetic polymorphisms of GSTM1 and GSTT1 genes and lung cancer susceptibility among the Zhuang population in Guangxi Province of China. Journal of Oncology, 16, 922-5.
- He XZ (2001). Indoor Coal Combustion Emissions, Lung Cancer and Susceptibility. Journal of Practical Oncology, 16, 369-70.
- He DX, Tan Y (2006). The Relationship of GSTTl Polymorphism and Chromosome 15 Aberration in Lung Cancer Patients. Cancer Prev Res, 33, 308-10.
- Lan Q, He XZ, Costa DJ, et al (1991). Glutathione S-transferase GSTM1 and GSTT1 genotypes and susceptibility to lung cancer. Journal of Hygiene Research, 28, 9-11.
- London SJ, Yuan JM, Chung FL, et al (2000). Isothiocyanates, glutathione S-transferase M1 and T1 polymorphisms, and lung-cancer risk: a prospective study of men in Shanghai, China. Lancet, 356, 724-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(00)02631-3
- Lan Q, Xingzhou He XZ, Costa DJ, et al (2000). Indoor coal combustion emissions, GSTM1 and GSTT1 genotypes, and lung cancer risk: a case–control study in Xuan Wei, China. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev, 9, 605-8.
- Liang GY, Pu YP, Yin LH (2004). Studies of the genes related to lung cancer susceptibility in Nanjing Han population, China. Hereditas (Beijing), 26, 584-8.
- Liang GY (2005). Studies on susceptibility genes of lung cancer in Chinese han population and rapid detection techniques of single nucleotide polymorphisms [D]. CHINA: Southeast University, 17-9.
- Li SF (2007). A case-control study on the associations between polymorphism of GSTM1, GSTT1 and susceptibility to breast cancer and lung cancer[D]. CHINA: Sichuan University, 26-42.
- Liu JN, Zhou CC, Piao HM, et al (2012). Relationship between GSTT1 genetic polymorphism, smoking and lung cancer susceptibility. Basic & Clinical Medicine, 32, 1194-7.
- Liang KC, Gan LK, Ruan L, et al (2012). Correlational research of the relationship between the genetic polymorphism of GSTM1 and GSTT1 in the Zhuang population and lung cancer. Acta Medicinae Sinica, 25, 813-7.
- Ma DY, Du GB, Tan BX, et al (2011). Genetic polymorphism of GSTT1 to lung cancer patients in north Sichuan. Chin J Cancer Prev Treat, 18, 989-91.
- Qi XS, Lv HM, Xia Y, et al (2008). A primary case–control study on the relationship between genetic polymorphisms of GSTT1 and lung cancer susceptibility to the people living in high radon-exposed area. Chin Occup Med, 35, 361-7.
- Wang J, Deng Y, Cheng J, et al (2003). GST genetic polymorphisms and lung adenocarcinoma susceptibility in a Chinese population. Cancer Lett, 201, 185-93. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0304-3835(03)00480-4
- Wang N, Wu Y, Wu YJ, et al (2004). Research on relationship between deletion of GSTM1, GSTTI genes and susceptibility to lung cancer. J Hyg Res, 33, 586-8.
- Wang MJ (2009). The Study on the Polymorphisms of CYPlA1 and GSTT1 Genes Associated With Susceptibility to Lung Cancer [D]. CHINA: Inner Mongolia Medical College, 15-7.
- Wang YD, Yang HY, Li L, et al (2010). Glutathione S-transferase T1 gene deletion polymorphism and lung cancer risk in Chinese population: A meta-analysis. Cancer Epidemiol, 34, 593-7. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.canep.2010.05.008
- Wang N, Zhou F, Wu YJ, et al (2012). The relationship between genetic polymorphism of four metabolizing enzymes and susceptibility to lung cancer. Zhongguo Fei Ai Za Zhi., 39, 4545-7. [Article in Chinese]
- Yuan TZ, Zhou QH, Zhu W, et al (2005). Relationship between genetic polymorphism of GSTTI gene and inherent susceptibility to lung cancer in Han population in Sichuan, China. Chin J Lung Cancer, 8, 107-11.
- Yao W, Wang N, Wu YJ, et al (2006). Relationship between deletion of GSTM1, GSTT1 genes and susceptibility to lung cancer. Chin J Public Health, 22, 1070-2.
- Zhao B, Seow A, Lee EJ, et al (2001). Dietary isothiocyanates, glutathione S-transferase-M1, -T1 polymorphisms and lung cancer risk among Chinese women in Singapore. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev, 10, 1063-7.
- Zhang JK, Hu YL, Hu CF, et al (2002). Relationship between genetic polymorphisms of GSTM1 as well as GSTT1 and lung cancer. Chin J Pathophysiol, 18, 352-5.
- Zhang JK, Hu YL, Hu CF, et al (2002). Study on Genetic Polymorphisms of GSTM1 and GSTT1 Related with Inherent Susceptibility to Lung Cancer in Woman. China Public Health, 18, 273-5
- Zhao P, Dai M, Chen W, et al (2010). Cancer trends in China. Jpn J Clin Oncol, 40, 281-5. https://doi.org/10.1093/jjco/hyp187
- Glutathione S-transferase M1 Null Genotype and Hepatocellular Carcinoma Susceptibility in China and India: Evidence from an Updated Meta-analysis vol.15, pp.12, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.12.4851
- Bevacizumab Concomitant with Chemotherapy is Effective in Treating Chinese Patients with Advanced Non-Squamous Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer vol.15, pp.14, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.14.5945
- Glutathione S-transferase T1 and M1 null genotypes and Parkinson’s disease risk: evidence from an updated meta-analysis vol.36, pp.9, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10072-015-2159-4