- Volume 14 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
BCRP Expression in VX2 Rabbit Liver Tumours and its Effects on Tumour Recurrence, Metastasis and Treatment Tolerability
- Li, Cai-Xia (Department of Radiology, Qilu Hospital of Shandong University) ;
- Zhang, Kai (Department of Radiology, Qilu Hospital of Shandong University) ;
- Xie, Fu-Bo (Department of Radiology, Qilu Hospital of Shandong University)
- Published : 2013.09.30
Objective: This study aimed to investigate the effects of BCRP expression on tumor recurrence, metastasis and treatment tolerability. Methods: A VX2 rabbit liver tumor model was established. Division was randomly into 4 groups: namely saline control group; A group, given hydration lipiodol; B group, Ad-p53; and C group, Ad-p53+hydration lipiodol. After the intervention, samples were collected to detect the BCRP, MMP-2, VEGF and PCNA. Results: The expression of BCRP, MMP-2, PCNA and VEGF in tumors in Group A had no significant difference when compared with the control group, while in B and C group, the values were significantly lower (P<0.05). BCRP positive expression in metastatic lesions significantly increased (P<0.05), and was correlated with MMP-2 (
VX2 rabbit liver tumor;intervention;BCRP;MMP-2;VEGF;PCNA
Supported by : Natural Science Foundation
- Ayed A, Hupp T (2010). Molecular Biology Intelligence unit. P53. Landes Bioscience, pp30-1.
- Abaan OD, Mutlu PK, Baran Y, Atalay C, Gunduz U (2009). Multidrug resistance mediated by MRP1 gene overexpression in breast cancer patients. Cancer Invest, 27, 201-5. https://doi.org/10.1080/07357900802173562
- An G, Morris ME (2010). Effects of single and multiple flavonoids on BCRP-mediated accumulation, cytotoxicity and transport of mitoxantrone in vitro. Pharm Res, 27, 1296-308. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11095-010-0108-8
- Bomken S, Fisser K, Heidenreich O, Vormoor J (2010). Understanding the cancer stem cell. Br J Cancer, 103, 439-45. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.bjc.6605821
- Bortolomai I, Canevari S, Facetti I, et al (2010). Tumor initiating cells: Development and critical characterization of a model derived from the A431 carcinoma cell line forming spheres in suspension. Cell Cycle, 9, 1194-206. https://doi.org/10.4161/cc.9.6.11108
- Ding XW, Wu JH, Jiang CP (2010). ABCG2:A Potential marker of stem cells and novel target in stem cell and cancer therapy. Life Sci, 86, 631-7. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lfs.2010.02.012
- Getz GS, Reardon CA (2011). The ABC transporters and the thickening cholesterol plot. Curr Opin Lipidol, 22, 72-3. https://doi.org/10.1097/MOL.0b013e328342b0fc
- Hampras SS, Sucheston L,Weiss J, et al (2010). Genetic polymorphisms of ATP-binding cassette (ABC) Proteins, overall survival and drug toxicity in patients with acute myeloid leukemia. Int J Mol Epidemiol Genet, 1, 201-7.
- Lim ST, Miller NL, Nam JO, et al (2010). Pyk2 inhibition of p53 as an adaptive and intrinsic mechanism facilitating cell proliferation and survival. Biol Chem, 285, 1743-53. https://doi.org/10.1074/jbc.M109.064212
- McGowan PM, Duffy MJ (2008). Matrix metalloproteinase expression and outcome in patients with breast cancer: analysis of a published database. Ann Oncol, 19, 1566-72. https://doi.org/10.1093/annonc/mdn180
- Lindner D, Zietsch C, Becher PM, et al (2012). Differential expression of matrix metalloproteases in human fibroblasts with different origins. Biochem Res Int, 2012, 875742.
- Lutgendorf SK, Lamkin DM, Jennings NB, et al (2008). Biobehavioral influences on matrix metalloproteinase expression in ovarian carcinoma. Clin Cancer Res, 14, 6839-46. https://doi.org/10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-08-0230
- Maier P, Spier I, Laufs S (2010). Chemoprotection of human hematopoietic stem cells by simultaneous lentiviral overexpression of multidrug resistance-1 and O(6)- methylguanine-DNA Methyltransferase (P140K). Gene Ther, 17, 389-99. https://doi.org/10.1038/gt.2009.133
- Mullins CS, Eisold S, Klar E, Linnebacher M (2011). Multidrugresistance proteins are weak tumor associated antigens for colorectal carcinoma. BMC Immunol, 10, 38.
- Natarajan K, Xie Y, Baer MR, Ross DD (2012). Role of breast cancer resistance protein (BCRP/ABCG2) in cancer drug resistance. Biochem Pharmacol, 83, 1084-103. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bcp.2012.01.002
- Ni Z, Bikadi Z, Rosenberg MF, Mao Q (2010). Structure and function of the human breast cancer resistance protein (BCRP/ABCG2). Curr Drug Metab, 11, 603-17. https://doi.org/10.2174/138920010792927325
- Oh WK, Cho KB, Hien TT, et al (2010). Amurensin G, a potent natural SIRT1 inhibitor,rescues doxorubicin responsiveness via down-regulation of multidrug resistance. Mol Pharmacol, 78, 855-64. https://doi.org/10.1124/mol.110.065961
- Oliveira LR, Jeffrey SS, Ribeiro A (2010). Stem cells in human breast cancer. Histol Histopathol, 25, 371-85.
- Robey RW, Polgar O, Deeken J, To KW, Bates SE (2007). ABCG2:determining its relevance in clinical drug resistance. Cancer Metastasis Rev, 26, 39-57. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10555-007-9042-6
- Song MJ, Chun HJ, Song S, et al (2012). Comparative study between doxorubicin-eluting beads and conventional transarterial chemoembolization for treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma. J Hepatol, 57, 1233-50.
- Robey RW, To KK, Polgar O, et al (2009). ABCG2: a perspective. Adv Drug Deliv Rev, 61, 3-13. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.addr.2008.11.003
- Schwavedissen HE, Kroemer HK (2010). In vitro and in vivo evidence for the importance of breast cancer resistance protein transporters (BCRP/MXR/ABCP/ABCG2). Handb Exp Pharmacol, 201, 325-71.
- Sengupta A, Cancelas JA (2010). Cancer stem cells: a stride towards cancer cure. J Cell Physiol, 225, 7-14. https://doi.org/10.1002/jcp.22213
- Takayasu K, Arii S, Kudo M, et al (2012). Superselective transarterial chemoembolization for hepatocellular carcinoma. Validation of treatment algorithm proposed by Japanese guidelines. J Hepatol, 56, 886-92. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhep.2011.10.021
- Wittgen HG, Van JJ, Van PH, et al (2011). Canabinoid type 1 receptor antagonists modulate transport activity of multidrug resistance associated proteins MRP1, MRP2, MRP3 and MRP4. Drug Metab Dispos, 39, 1294-302. https://doi.org/10.1124/dmd.110.037812
- Yusuf RU, Omar SA, Ngure RM (2010). The effect of point mutations in dihydrofolate reductase genes and multidrug resistance gene186 on treatment of falciparum malaria in Sudan. J Infect Dev Ctries, 4, 61-9.