- Volume 27 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Comparison of Filtering Characteristics of Various Media considering Particle Size Distribution of Road Runoff
도로면 강우유출수의 입도분포를 고려한 여재특성 비교분석
Koo, Bonjin;Choi, Gyewoon;Choi, Weonsuk;Song, Changsoo
- Received : 2013.04.24
- Accepted : 2013.05.24
- Published : 2013.06.15
This study investigated the contaminant loading and characteristics of particle size distributions(PSDs) in the rainfall runoff from two different sources, the pavement road and the ancillary parking lot, and then evaluated four different types of filter media(i.e., EPP, EPS, Zeolite, and Perlite) to treat runoff water. The results showed that runoff from the pavement road contains 5.6 and 20 times higher SS and Pb concentrations, respectively, than that from the parking lot. The particles smaller than
Filter Media;Road Runoff;PSDs;Contaminant Loading;Hydraulic Loading
- Kim, L. H., Lee, E. J., Ko, S. O., Kang, H. M.(2006) Characteristics of Pollutant Washed-off from Highways with Storm Runoff Duration, Journal of Korean Society of Road Engineers, 8(1), pp. 99-106.
- Barrett, M. E. Irish, Jr., L. B., Malina, Jr., J. F., and Charbeneau, R. J. (1998) Characterization of highway runoff in Austin, Texas, area, J. Environ. Eng., ASCE, 124(2), pp. 371-378.
- Cho, K. W., Song, K. G., Ahn, K. H., Kim, C. G., Kim, T. G. (2006) Development of filtration-treatment unit for control of urban storm runoff, Korean Society on Water Environment.Korean Society of Water and Wastewater Conference, pp. 134-140.
- Cho, Y. J., Lee, J. H., Bang, K. W., Choi, C. S. (2007) Water Quality and Particle Size Distributions of Bridge Road Runoff in Storm Event, Journal of Korean Society of Environmental Engineers, 29(12), pp. 1353-1359.
- Kim, S . K., Kim, Y. I., Yun, S. L., Lee, Y. J., Kim, R. H., Kim, J. O. (2004) Characteristics of Road Runoff depending on the Rainfall Intensity, Journal of Korean Society on Water Environment, 20(5), pp. 494-499.
- Kim, T. G., Cho, K. W., Song, K. G., Yoon, M. H., Ahn, K. H., Hong, S. K. (2009) Evaluation of the Removal Characteristics of Pollutants in Storm Runoff Depending on the Media Properties, Journal of Korean Society of Environmental Engineers, 31(7), pp. 483-490.
- Lee, S. Y., Lee, E. J., Maria C. Maniquiz, Kim, L. H. (2008) Determination of Pollutant Unit Loads from Various Transportation Landuses, Journal of Korean Society on Water Environment, 24(5), pp. 543-549.
- Kong, M. K., Bae, K. H., Kang, W. Y. (2004) The Status of Apparatus Type Facilities for Removing Pollutants from Stormwater Runoff, Journal of Korean Society of Water and Wastewater, 18(6), pp. 707-711.
- Lee, J. H. Bang, K. W., Ketchum, Jr., L. H., Choe, J. S., and Yu, M. J. (2002) First flush analysis of urban storm runoff, Sci. Total Environ., 293, pp. 163-175. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0048-9697(02)00006-2
- Lee, J. H., Cho, Y. J., Bang, K. W. (2005) Water Quality and Particle Size Distributions of Road Runoff in Storm Event, Journal of Korean Society of Environmental Engineers, 27(7), pp. 777-784.
- Sansalone J.J., Buchberger S.G., Al-Abed S.R. (1996) Fractionation of Heavy Metals on Pavement Runoff, The Science of the Total Environment, 189/190, pp. 371-378. https://doi.org/10.1016/0048-9697(96)05233-3
- Korea Environment Corporation (2004) Basic Study on Pollution Loading of CSOs and SSOs in Urbanized Area, pp 44-47.
- Ministr y of Environment (2008) Manual of Installation and Operation in Nonpoint Source, pp. 44-45.
- Evaluation of Filtration and Backwash Efficiency of Non-point Source Pollution Reduction Facility vol.39, pp.12, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2017.39.12.664