- Volume 44 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Supply and Demand of Fishmeal and Stable Securing Strategies
양어용 어분의 수급 실태 및 안정적 확보 방안
- Kim, Dae-Young (Fisheries Policy Research Division, Korea Maritime Institute) ;
- Lee, Jung-Sam (Fisheries Policy Research Division, Korea Maritime Institute) ;
- Lee, Heon-Dong (Fisheries Policy Research Division, Korea Maritime Institute)
- Received : 2013.08.08
- Accepted : 2013.12.13
- Published : 2013.12.31
This study is aimed to present measures for stable supply of fishmeal and to develop fish farming into a food industry and an export industry. The study analyzed current domestic and international supply and demand for fishmeal and suggested future prospects. The results of the study suggested the basic directions for the stable supply of fishmeal in Korea as follows: first, stable securing of fishmeal importers and establishment of the supply and demand monitoring system; second, policies to boost using of compound feeds and expansion of relevant fishmeal use; third, higher competitiveness of fishmeal and compound feeds through selective and intensive R&D investments. Based on the basic directions, the paper suggested implementation measures such as strengthening of cooperations with fishmeal suppliers abroad, expansion of overseas local market entrance, diversification of fishmeal trading countries, revision of relevant laws and polices on the fishmeal and feeds, organization of domestic fishmeal, promotion of group purchase, improvement of domestic fish meal quality, development of fish meal alternatives, etc.
Supported by : 한국해양수산개발원
- Kim, D. Y. et al. (2010), The Activate Use of Formula feed in Aquaculture, National Fisheries Research & Development Institute, 112-128.
- Kim, D. Y. et al. (2012), Stable Securing of Fishmeals for Higher Competitiveness of Fish Farming, Korea Maritime Institute, 13-156.
- Korea Feed Ingredients Association (2012), Feed Statistics, 2012.
- Lee, G. Y. (2010), "Supply and Demand of Fishmeal in Korea and Future Directions," AQUAINFO, Feb., 19-20.
- Lee, W. J. (2010), "Green Fish Development and Future Directions," AQUAINFO, Apr., 22-23.
- NFRDI (2010), Formulated feed quality assessment Test Report, 50-55.
- OEDC and FAO (2012), OECD-FAO Agricultural Outlook 2012-2021, 173-183.
- FAO (2010), The State of World Fisheries and Aquaculture 2010, 86-188.
- FAO (2011), Technical paper, Demand and Supply of Feed Ingredients for Farmed Fish and Crustaceans, 15-61.
- FAO (2012 a), FAO Yearbook, Fishery and Aquaculture Statistics : Commodities, p.208.
- FAO (2012 b), The State of World Fisheries and Aquaculture, p.188.
- FAO, FISHSTAT.
- IFFO (2012), Global Fishmeal and Fish Oil Supply-Inputs, Outputs, and Markets, 5-7.
- Sato Shuich (2009), Fishmeal Production and Aquafeed Development:Current Status and Future of Aquafeed, Tokoy Fisheries Promption Foundation, No 495, 12-25.
- National Statistical Office, KOSIS(http://kosis.kr/statisticsList).
- Ministry of Ocean and Fisheries(http://www.fips.go.kr).
- Korea International Trade Association(http://www.kita.net).
- Korea Feed Ingredients Association(http://www.kfeedia.org).
- Kim, J. D. (2009), "New Aquaculture Paradigm under Skyrocketing Fishmeal Price-Long term Strategy," AQUAINFO, Nov., 36-40.
- Fisheries Economic Institute (2011), Aquaculture business survey results.
- Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs, Monthly Compound Feed Statistics.
- Current Status of Aquaculture Information and Directions for Integrated Management vol.46, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.12939/FBA.2015.46.2.043