- Volume 44 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Plan for Countermeasure and Prospect of Demand and Supply about Seamen in Korea
우리나라 어선원 수급 전망과 대응방안
- Lee, Kwang-Nam (Korea Fisheries Association, Fisheries Policy Institute) ;
- Cheong, Jin-Ho (Korea Fisheries Association, Fisheries Policy Institute)
- Received : 2013.11.20
- Accepted : 2013.12.09
- Published : 2013.12.31
A study on the seamen's demand - supply has been focused on early 1990s, and never studied yet since 2007. Because previous studies related to the seamen are very different in conditions the environments around the fishery recently. It is serious problem that the number of domestic semen are decreasing continually. To depend on foreign seamen because of lacking of domestic seamen should be linked closely with the fishing industry environment in our country. Therefore, this study is limited to domestic seamen. Lacking recent domestic seamen, it is the most likely to rise imbalance between demand - supply in the future. Through medium and long term its analysis based on data, we are willing to discover various political subjects for seamen's welfare, the training of manpower, education, etc. To solve these issues, it can be made institutional changes as follows ; First, it is necessary policy-making related the deteriorating employment situation based on its analysis of medium and long term for seamen. Second, it is necessary to overcome a dual system for its management for seamen. Third, it is necessary to improve problems of statistics data for fishery and build a statistical system for seamen. Also, it will be improved a insurance system under 5 ton and strengthen the function for Korean seamen welfare and employment center and must be urgently countermeasures for the minimal unemployment rate through a content development and management of home page. Finally, it will be supplied reliably seamen to improve a practice system for apprentices according to the international regulations(STCW-F) for fishery students.
Supported by : 해양수산부
- Bae, S. J. and Seo, M. S. (1999), "International Tendency of Seamen's Education and our Counterplan for it," Journal of Fisheries and Marine Sciences Education, 11 (2), 115-138.
- Cheon, Y. W. (2001), "Political study on Semen power and short and long term prospective in Fisher," Korea Institute of Maritime and Fisheries Technology.
- Hong, H. P. (2007), Fishing Crew Stable Supply and Welfare Policy, Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries.
- Kim S. K., Choi, S. E. and Ma, M. S. (1997), "A study on the marine industry workforce demand: around the fisheries personnel," Korea Maritime Institute.
- Kim, Y. U. and Park, M. B. (2012), "A Study on Devices of Reducing Foreign Fishermen's Rate of Deserting from Coastal and Offshore Fishing Vessels in Korea," Journal of Fisheries and Marine Sciences Education, 24 (2) 263-271. https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2012.24.2.263
- Kim, Y. U. and Park, M. B. (2012), "An Comparative Study on the Foreign Worker's Employment System of Fishing Vessels in Korea and Japan," Journal of Fisheries and Marine Sciences Education, 24 (4), 559-573. https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2012.24.4.559
- Korea Institute of Maritime and Fisheries Technology), Inside Data, each year.
- Korea Overseas Fisheries Association (2010), Ocean statistics annual report.
- Korea Seafarer's Welfare & Employment Center, Korea Seafarer's Year Book, each year.
- Lee, K. N. (2013), "Counter measures and promotion strategies for the fishery professionals," Busan Fisheries Policy Forum, Nov. 21, Busan, Korea.
- Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries (2013), "A study on the basic plan to demand and supply for semen manpower," Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries.
- Cha, C. P. and Park, J. U. (2011), "A Study on Management of Foreign Seamen on Board Coastal & Offshore Fishing Boats," Journal of Fisheries and Marine Sciences Education, 23 (3), 515-525
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs (2012), The Situation graduated fishery school field, Korea Seafarer's Welfare & Employment Center.
- A Case Study on BSC(Balanced Score card) Implementation in Quasi-governmental organization ; Focused on the Case of FIRA (Korea Fisheries Resources Agency) vol.46, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.12939/FBA.2015.46.1.121
- Propensity Analysis for Oral Exam Candidates of Sixth Class Deck Officer's License using Questionnaire vol.26, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2014.26.5.1158
- Propensity Analysis for Oral Exam Candidates of Sixth Class Engineer Officer's License using Questionnaire vol.26, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2014.26.5.1151