- Volume 17 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Effect of simulation-based practice program on ACLS study of paramedic students
시뮬레이션을 활용한 전문심장구조술(ACLS) 실습프로그램의 효과 - 응급구조과 학생을 대상으로 -
- Pi, Hye-Young (Department of Emergency Medical Technology, Daewon University College)
- 피혜영 (대원대학교 응급구조과)
- Received : 2013.10.31
- Accepted : 2013.12.17
- Published : 2013.12.31
Purpose: The purpose of the study is to confirm the effect of ACLS program using simulations and understanding self-efficacy, practice satisfaction, learning attitude, and interest in ACLS after theory classes and simulation-based practice. Methods: A non-equivalent simulation-based practice post test design was used. The participants were 28 paramedic students. The students participated in simulation-based practice for 3 weeks and conventional instruction class for 12 weeks. Results: The students showed higher level of self-efficacy(p=.043), practice satisfaction(p<.001) and learning attitude(p=.003) compared to the conventional lecture students. Conclusion: Level of self-efficacy after simulation-based practice for ACLS was higher than that of self-efficacy after conventional instruction classes. Level of practice satisfaction was also higher. Academic achievement after simulation-based practice was higher than that in conventional instruction classes.
Education;Patient simulation;Paramedic student
- Kwon HR. Study on reality of field practice and improvements by students of dep. of emergency medical technology. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 2002;6(6):15-26.
- Baek ML. Implementation effects of emergency trauma patient simulation. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 2011;15(2):43-54.
- Hofmann B. Why simulation can be efficient: on the precondition of efficient learning in complex technology based practices. BMC Med Educ 2009;9:48. https://doi.org/10.1186/1472-6920-9-48
- Rhodes M, Curran C. Use of the human patient simulator to teach clinical judgement skills in a baccalaureate nursing program. Comput Inform Nurs 2005;23(5):256-62. https://doi.org/10.1097/00024665-200509000-00009
- Jarzemsky PA, McGrath J. Look before you leap: lessons learned when introducing clinical simulation. Nurs Educ 2008;33(2): 90-5. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.NNE.0000299513.78270.99
- Soderberg ES. Advanced cardiovascular life support provider manual. Dallas, TA: American Heart Association, 2011.
- Hwang SO, Lim KS. Cardiopulmonary resuscitation and advanced cardiovascular life support. 4th ed. Seoul: Koonja, 2011.
- Ilic D. Assessing competency in evidence based practice: strengths and limitations of current tools in practice. BMC Med Educ 2009;9:53. https://doi.org/10.1186/1472-6920-9-53
- Os D, DeRosiers A, Britt EJ, Fein AM, Lesser ML, Mehta AC. Assessment of a bronchoscopy simulator. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2001;164(12):2248-55. https://doi.org/10.1164/ajrccm.164.12.2102087
- Hoadley TA, Learning advanced cardiac life support: a comparison study of the effects of low-and high-fidelity simulation. Nurs Educ Perspect 2009;30(2):91-5.
- Bandura A. Self-efficacy: The exercise of control. New York: Freeman, 1997.
- Jude DC, Gilbert CG, Magrane D. Simulation training in the obstetrics and gynecology clerkship. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2006; 195(5):1489-92. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajog.2006.05.003
- Pittini R, Oepkes Dm Macrury K, Reznick R, Beyene J, Windrim R. Teaching invasive perinatal procedures: assessment of a high fidelity simulator-based curriculum. Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology 2002;19(5):478-83. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1469-0705.2002.00701.x
- Park JH, Jung E, Ko JK, Yoo HB. Delivery training for undergraduate medical students using birth simulator. Korean Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 2008;51(9): 950-6.
- Lesley JM, Isabella HM. Evaluating a simulated ward exercise for third year student nurses. Nurs Educ Pract 2004;4(2): 91-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1471-5953(03)00031-3
- Baek ML. Development of Scenario and Evaluation on the Implementation of Head Trauma Simulation. J Korean Emerg Med Ser 2011;15(2):55-66.
- Baek ML. Implementation Effects of Emergency Trauma Patient Simulation. J Korean Emerg Med Ser 2011;15 (2):43-54.
- Yi YJ. Effects of a blended learning orientation program for clinical practicums of nursing students. J Korean Acad Soc Nurs Edu 2008;14(1):30-7. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2008.14.1.030
- Effectiveness of Student Learning with a Simulation Program focusing on Cardiac Arrest in Knowledge, Self-confidence, Critical Thinking, and Clinical Performance Ability vol.28, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2016.28.4.447
- Continuous effect of advanced cardiovascular life support simulation education according to Felder-Silverman learning style vol.20, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14408/KJEMS.2016.20.3.021