- Volume 17 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Job analysis of paramedic on the developing a curriculum method
데이컴 기법에 의한 1급 응급구조사 직무분석
- Yoou, Soon-Kyu (Department of Emergency Medical Services, Eulji University) ;
- Kwon, Hay-Rran (Department of Emergency Medical Technology, Gwangju Health College) ;
- Park, Hee-Jin (Department of Emergency Medical Technology, Seoyeong University) ;
- Shin, Sang-Do (Department of Emergency Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine and Seoul National University Hospital) ;
- Choi, Eun-Sook (Department of Emergency Medical Services, Kongju National University) ;
- Uhm, Tai-Hwan (Department of Emergency Medical Services, Eulji University)
- 유순규 (을지대학교 응급구조학과) ;
- 권혜란 (광주보건대학 응급구조과) ;
- 박희진 (서영대학교 응급구조과) ;
- 신상도 (서울대학교병원 응급의학과) ;
- 최은숙 (공주대학교 응급구조학과) ;
- 엄태환 (을지대학교 응급구조학과)
- Received : 2013.10.25
- Accepted : 2013.12.17
- Published : 2013.12.31
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to investigate the extended job of paramedic after the 1st job description in 2000 by the National Health Personnel Licensing Examination Board. Methods: This study was carried out from May 2012 to July 2013 on the Developing A Curriculum (DACUM) method to analysts 330 responses among 400 questionnaires (response rate 82.5%) after analysing 30 pilot questionnaires. In order to enhance validity and reliability of this job description, 2 job analysts in universities and 10 EMT-Paramedics in hospitals and fire stations were recruited. Results: There were differences between 166 (year 2000) and 240 (2012) in task element. There were higher answering at triaging patient(2.64 frequency, 4.15 importance), calling for help(2.68 frequency, 4.07 importance) in disaster emergency care. There were higher answering at measuring vital sign (3.95 frequency, 4.22 importance), measuring ECG(3.84 frequency, 4.14 importance), wound care(3.48 frequency, 3.86 importance), bleeding control & wound care(3.46 frequency, 3.86 importance), applying
Paramedics;Job description;Physician assistant
Supported by : 국시원
- Norton RE. DACUM handbook, Ohio State University 1997, Columbus, USA.
- National Health Personnel Licensing Examination Board. Job description of emergency medical technician. 2000.
- National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians. Available at: https://www. nremt.org, 2013.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics. U.S. Department of Labor. Emergency medical technicians and paramedics. 11th ed. Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2010.
- City of Pittsburgh, Bureau of Emergency Medical Services. ALS Patient Care Protocols. 2007.
- Kim TM, Kim HS, Yoou SK. Investigating research on the degree of frequency and importance of tasks for framing the EMT’s ocupational description. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 2001;5(1):199-212.
- Son IA. A study on the job description of paramedics. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 2005;9(1): 43-53.
- Heo J. The development of job competency and behavioral indicators for paramedics of Korea. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Ewha Womans University 2011, Seoul, Korea.
- Bae KS, Go BY, Lee JE, Lee IM, Choi GM, Kim ST. Task analysis of paramedics of Korea based on DACUM method. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 2011;15(1):5-23.
- Lim KS, Hwang SH, Ahn MU. Disaster Emergency Medicine. Koonja Publishing Inc, 1995.
- Uhm TH, Park SK. Correlation between scope of practice and paramedic in Korea. J of Korea Acad-Indus coop Soc 2012;13(12): 5968-5975.
- Improvement devices for physician assistant. Lee YK. The 31th Medical Forum. Korea Medical Association, 2011.
- Korea Healthlog. http;//www.koreahealthlog. com, 2011.
- Doctornews. http;//www.doctorsnews.co. kr, 2012.
- Uhm TH, Yoou SK. Jo JM, Kim JH. Proposal of a new EMT national registry exam using the Delphi method. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 2010;14(2):57-69.
- Uhm TH, Choi ES, Shin DM, Jo JM, Lee JE, Roh SG, Lee HA, Yoou SK. Proposal of a new emergency medical technician national practical examination. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 2012;16(3):45-62.
- Recognition and acceptance concerning the introduction of preceptorship to the ambulance ride practice vol.18, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.14408/KJEMS.2014.18.1.067
- Legislation feasibility studies for expanding the business scope of paramedics: Focused on high level task in importance, need and allowance vol.19, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.14408/KJEMS.2015.19.3.117
- Recognition and acceptance of introduction of paramedic preceptorship in the clinical practice of paramedic students vol.18, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.14408/KJEMS.2014.18.2.109
- Accuracy of blood pressure measurements taken using a blood pressure simulator by paramedic students vol.19, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.14408/KJEMS.2015.19.1.007
- Curriculum development and operation methods based on national competency standards (NCS) in the department of emergency medical technology vol.19, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.14408/KJEMS.2015.19.2.083
- Effects of job insecurity and job engagement on turnover intention of paramedics in emergency medical institutions vol.19, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.14408/KJEMS.2015.19.2.051