- Volume 17 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Influencing factors on satisfaction of field instructor in ambulance ride practice of paramedic students
응급구조(학)과 학생의 구급차동승실습 지도자 만족도에 영향을 미치는 요인
- Choi, Eun-Sook (Department of Emergency Medical Service, Kongju National University, Research Center for Health Industry, Kongju National University)
- 최은숙 (공주대학교 응급구조학과, 공주대학교 건강산업연구센터)
- Received : 2013.10.25
- Accepted : 2013.12.17
- Published : 2013.12.31
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to provide an appropriate direction for effective field practice program by analyzing the influencing factors on satisfaction of field instructor in ambulance ride practice of paramedic students in Korea. Methods: The questionnaires were filled out by 204 paramedic students from July 22 to September 13, 2013. The collected data were analyzed with SPSS WIN 19.0 program. Results: The stepwise multiple regression analysis revealed that the most powerful predictor of satisfaction of field instructor was sincerity of directions. A combination of sincerity of directions (38.2%), achievement(15.4%), improvement of knowledge(3.9%) 4-week field practice(3.0%), 2 week field practice(1.6%), 4 grade(1.8%) pre-expectation of field practice(1.8%) accounted for 65.6% of the variance in paramedic students. Conclusion: We proposed the effective field practice program as well as sincerity of directions of field instructors. It is necessary to discuss before ambulance ride practice within the faculty and the field instructors.
Ambulance ride practice;Field instructor;Paramedic student;Satisfaction
- Lee SH, Kim MH, Lee JS, Kim JI. Comparison of perceived importance and performance of the preceptor's role between nursing students and preceptor nurses. JKCA 2012;12(12):291-303.
- Kim SS. A study on the curriculum of emergency medical technology in Korea. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 2009;13(2):17-59.
- Korea Ministry of Government Legislation. Emergency Medical Service Act. Available at: http://law.go.kr/lsInfoP.do?lsiSeq=125 347#0000, 2013.
- Kim MS, Park SM, Wang CY, Seo HY, Joo YJ, Lee KY, et al. The motivation of selecting major, the satisfaction of major and view of occupation for EMT students. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 2010;14(3):29-40.
- Kim G, Kim IS, Kim CY, Lee DC, Lee SH, Lee EH, et al. Social welfare concise, 2009. Blue fish, Seoul, Korea. 511.
- Choi ES, Lee IS. A study on self-concept and satisfaction on field practice of EMT college students. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 1997;1(1):87-99.
- Park JM, Kim SS. Comparison study of satisfaction levels on field practice of EMT college students by 5 practice fields. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 1998;2(1):7-25.
- Kwon HR. Study on reality of field practice and improvements by students of department of emergency medical technology. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 2002;6(6):15-26.
- Baek ML. An initial practice experience of EMT students in fire station. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 2004;8(1):19-32.
- Cho KJ, Kang HS. Study on self-concept and satisfaction of clinical practice. JAKN 1984;14(2):63-74.
- Jeon OB. A study on the influence factors for social welfare majoring students' satisfaction degree on field training. Unpublished master's thesis, Kyung Hee University 2009, Seoul, Korea.
- National Emergency Management Agency. Fire administration data and statistics. Available at: http://www.nema.go.kr, 2013.
- Lee WH, Kim SS, Han SH, Lee SY, Kim GY. Application and effectiveness of a preceptorship for the improvement of clinical education. JAKN 1995;25(3):581-96.
- Lee WH, Kim CJ, Yoo HR, Kim GY, Kwon BE, Kim SH. The effect of preceptorship on clinical education of nursing students. Korean Journal of Adult Nursing 1998; 10(2):281-8.
- Lee JD, Lee CS. The effects of preceptorship on nursing students' critical thinking prosperity, clinical competency and satisfaction of clinical practice. J Korean Acad Nurs Admin 2006;12(3):434-43.
- Zilenbo M, Monterosso L. Towards a conceptual framework for preceptorship in the clinical education of undergraduate nursing students. Contemp Nurs 2008;30:89-94. https://doi.org/10.5172/conu.622.214.171.124
- Reeve MM. Development of an instrumentto measure effectiveness of clinical instructors. J Nurs Educ 1994;33(1):15-20.
- Hickey MT. Baccalaureate nursing praduates' perceptions of their clinical instructional expeiences and preparation for practice. J Prof Nurs 2010;26(1):35-41. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.profnurs.2009.03.001
- Related factors involved in the direct practice of practical procedures during the ambulance ride practice of paramedic students vol.19, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.14408/KJEMS.2015.19.3.087
- Recognition and acceptance concerning the introduction of preceptorship to the ambulance ride practice vol.18, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.14408/KJEMS.2014.18.1.067
- Recognition and acceptance of introduction of paramedic preceptorship in the clinical practice of paramedic students vol.18, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.14408/KJEMS.2014.18.2.109