- Volume 17 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Influencing factors of the turnover intention in hospital paramedics
병원 내 1급 응급구조사의 이직의도 영향 요인
- Jang, Hyo-Jin (Department of paramedic science, Korea National University of Transportation) ;
- Baek, Mi-Lye (Department of paramedic science, Korea National University of Transportation)
- Received : 2013.10.17
- Accepted : 2013.12.17
- Published : 2013.12.31
Purpose: The purpose of the study is to investigate the influencing factors of turnover intention in hospital paramedics. The factors included the job condition, job stress, and turnover intention. Methods: The subjects were 200 paramedics in hospital. Data were analyzed using frequency, t-test or one way ANOVA, Pearson's correlation, and multiple regression analysis with SPSS WIN 20.0 program. Results: Job stress was 3.59 points; job condition, 2.96 points; turnover intention 3.64 points. When the job stress was high, the satisfaction with job condition was very low and the turnover intention increased. When the job satisfaction was high, turnover intention decreased. factors affecting the turnover intention were annual income, turnover frequency, workload, and working department, role conflict, and personal relationship. Conclusion: It is necessary to establish the job description of paramedics and improve the working condition in the hospitals.
Paramedics;Job condition;Job stress;Turnover intention
Supported by : 한국교통대학교
- Lee OH. The work and job satisfaction of paramedics in the emergency room of university hospitals. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 2011;15(1):47-63.
- Kim SM, Jeong MS. Role of emergency medical technician in hospital. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 2000;4(4):31-4.
- Yun JG, Lee YH, Jeong JY. Emergency medical technician's works within hospital at Partial areas, Korean J Emerg Med Ser 2005;9(2):21-8.
- Kim MS, Kim NH. Impact of self-esteem and job stress on job satisfaction of the emergency medical technicians. Korean Journal of Health Service Management 2011;5(2): 147-55.
- Kim MS, Lee KY. The job satisfaction and turnover intention of emergency medical technician in the private ambulance service. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 2012; 16(1):65-80.
- Bae KS. The relationship between the job satisfaction and the turnover intention of 119 emergency medical technicians. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 2010;14(1):65-80.
- Kim MJ, Gu MO. The development of the stress measurement tool for staff nurses working in the hospital. J Nurs Acad Soc 1984;14(2):28-37. https://doi.org/10.4040/jnas.19220.127.116.11
- Won JS. Effects of employees' job satisfaction in service industries on service quality. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University 2008, Seoul, Korea.
- Jang JW. A study of the job stress, job condition care worker's intention of turnover. Unpublished master's thesis, Sogang University 2011, Seoul, Korea.
- Jo YS. Study on organizational commitment and turnover intention of secretaries. Secretarial Science Journal 1998;(18):19-37.
- Jo HT. Job stress and satisfaction of emergency medical technicians. Unpublished master's thesis, Inje University 2012, Gimhae, Korea.
- Kim GS, Kim HY, Koh HJ. The relationship between mentoring and job stress of nurses in small and medium. Keimyung J Nurs Acad Soc 2011;15(1):31-40.
- Park SS, Park JS, Park DS. Influence of job satisfaction in emergency medical technician within hospital upon organizational commitment. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 2009;13(2):99-108.
- Lee KJ, Lee E. The relationship of emotional labor, empowerment, job burnout and turnover intention of clinical nurses. Korean J Occup Health Nurs 2011;20(2): 130-42. https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2011.20.2.130
- Jo SY, Sung MH. Factors influencing turnover intention in emergency depart‐ment nurses. J Korean Acad Fundam Nurs 2012; 19(4):503-510. https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2012.19.4.503
- Eun SA. Factors influencing turnover intension of shiftwork nurses. Unpublished master's thesis, Kyung Hee University 2011, Seoul, Korea.
- Recognition and acceptance of introduction of paramedic preceptorship in the clinical practice of paramedic students vol.18, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.14408/KJEMS.2014.18.2.109
- Effects of job insecurity and job engagement on turnover intention of paramedics in emergency medical institutions vol.19, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.14408/KJEMS.2015.19.2.051
- The influence of professional self-concept on empowerment and burnout of paramedics vol.18, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.14408/KJEMS.2014.18.2.059