- Volume 26 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Large-scale 3D SSI Analysis using KIESSI-3D Program
KIESSI-3D 프로그램을 이용한 대형 3차원 SSI 해석
- Lee, Eun-Haeng (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Chonnam National University) ;
- Kim, Jae-Min (Department of Marine and Civil Engineering, Chonnam National University) ;
- Seo, Choon-Gyo (Nuclear Civil & Architectural Engineering Dept., KEPCO E&C)
- Received : 2013.10.30
- Accepted : 2013.11.19
- Published : 2013.12.31
The soil-structure interaction(SSI) effect should be considered to accurately assess the seismic response of structure constructed on soft soil site other than the hard bedrock. Recently, the demand of SSI analysis has increased due to strengthening of the regulatory guidelines of nuclear power plant such as the USNRC SRP 3.7.2. In this study an accuracy and running time of the KIESSI-3D program for large-scale 3D SSI analysis were investigated. The seismic SSI analysis using the KIESSI-3D program was performed for several examples of large-scale three-dimensional soil-structure interaction system. The analysis results were compared with those of the ACS/SASSI program. Good agreements in transfer functions at selected locations showd that KIESSI-3D yields accurate solution for large-scale SSI problem. Moreover, it was found that running speed of the KIESSI-3D for large-scale 3D SSI analysis is much faster than that of the ACS/SASSI about 30~2000 times.
KIESSI-3D;soil-structure interaction;dynamic infinite element;PARDISO;seismic design
Supported by : 지식경제부
- Amdahl, G.M. (1967) Validity of the Single Processor Approach to Achieving Large Scale Computing Capabilities, Proc. AFIPS, 30.
- Ghiocel Predictive Technologies (2009) ACS-SASSI: An Advanced Computational Software for 3D Dynamic Analysis Including Soil-Structure Interaction, Version 2.3, Ghiocel Predictive Technologies.
- Intel(R) Math Kernel Library (Intel(R)MKL)10.2 (2009) Reference Manual.
- Kim, J.M., Lee, E.H., Chung, K.Y., Seo, C.G. (2012) Applicability of KIESSI-3D Program for Soil-Structure Interaction Analysis, Proc. KSCE Conference.
- PARDISO Solver Project (2009) http://pardiso-project.org.
- Park, Hyo-Seon (1996) Analysis and Design of Large-scale Structures using Parallel Computing, Computational Structural Engineering, 33(3), pp.47-53.
- Ryu, J.S., Seo, C.G., Kim, J.M., Yun, C.B. (2010) Seismic Response Analysis of Soil-structure Interactive System using a Coupled Three-dimensional FE-IE Method, Nuclear Engineering and Design, 240, pp.1949-1966. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nucengdes.2010.03.028
- Seo, C.G., Kim, J.M., (2012) KIESSI Program for 3-D Soil-Structure Interaction Analysis, Computational Structural Engineering, 25(3), pp.77-83.
- Verification of Linear FE Model for Nonlinear SSI Analysis by Boundary Reaction Method vol.27, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7734/COSEIK.2014.27.2.95