- Volume 31 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Potent Whitening Activity of Aruncus dioicus Extract in B16F10 Melanoma Cell by Suppression of Melanin Biosynthesis
흑색종세포의 멜라닌 생성억제로 인한 삼나물 추출물(Aruncus dioicus)의 미백효과
- Kim, Dong-Hee (Team of Product Development, Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute for Oriental Medicine Industry) ;
- Moon, Yong-Sun (Department of Horticulture, Yeungnam University) ;
- Park, Tae-Soon (Team of Product Development, Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute for Oriental Medicine Industry) ;
- Hwang, Ju-Young (Team of Product Development, Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute for Oriental Medicine Industry) ;
- Son, Jun-Ho (Team of Product Development, Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute for Oriental Medicine Industry)
- 김동희 (한국한방산업진흥원 한방화장품팀) ;
- 문용선 (영남대학교 원예생명과학과) ;
- 박태순 (한국한방산업진흥원 한방화장품팀) ;
- 황주영 (한국한방산업진흥원 한방화장품팀) ;
- 손준호 (한국한방산업진흥원 한방화장품팀)
- Received : 2013.05.01
- Accepted : 2013.07.03
- Published : 2013.12.31
Monoterpenoids were recently found as main biologically active compounds which is responsible for various physiological effect in goat's beard (Aruncus dioicus). Ethyl acetate extract of A. dioicus (ADE) was treated to B16F10 melanoma cells for the examination of whitening activity. MTT assay was performed to evaluate cell toxicity and the result showed that slight cell toxicity (> 10%) by over
- Akiu, S., Y. Suzuki, T. Asahara, Y. Fujinuma, and M. Fukuda. 1991. Inhibitory effect of arbutin on melanogenesis-biochemical study using cultured B16 melanoma cells. Nihon Hifuka Gakkai Zasshi 101:609-613.
- Busca, R. and R. Ballotti. 2000. Cyclic AMP a key messenger in the regulation of skin pigmentation. Pigm. Cell Res. 13:60-69. https://doi.org/10.1034/j.1600-0749.2000.130203.x
- Chin, J.E. and K.C. Kim. 2005. Effect of chestnut bark extracts on tyrosinase gene expression. Kor. J. Sanitation 20:10-16.
- Goding, C.R. 2000. Mitf from neural crest to melanoma: Signal transduction and transcription in the melanocyte lineage. Genes Dev. 14:1712-1728.
- Ha, T.K. 2009. Inhibitory effect of Fritillaria verticillata Willd. var. thunbergii Baker ethanol extract on melanin biosynthesis. MD Diss., Sangji Univ., Wonju, Korea.
- Hunt, G., C. Todd, J.E. Cresswell, and A.J. Thody. 1994. Alpha-melanocyte stimulating hormone and its analogue Nle4DPhe7 alpha-MSH affect morphology, tyrosinase activity and melanogenesis in cultured human melanocytes. J. Cell Sci. 107:205-211.
- Jeong, S.Y., D.Y. Jun, Y.H. Kim, B.S. Min, and M.H. Woo. 2011. Monoterpenoids from the aerial parts of Aruncus dioicus var. kamtschaticus and their antioxidant and cytotoxic activities. Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 21:3252-3256. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bmcl.2011.04.043
- Jung, E.J., J.S. Lee, S.G. Huh, J.N. Lee, Y.S. Kim, and G.D. Kim. 2009. Phloridzin-induced melanogenesis is mediated by the cAMP signaling pathway. Food Chem. Toxicol. 47:2436-2440. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fct.2009.06.039
- Kameyama, K., C. Sakai, S. Kuge, S. Nishiyama, Y. Tomita, S. Ito, K. Wakamatsu, and V.J. Hearing. 1995. The expression of tyrosinase, tyrosinase-related proteins 1 and 2 (TRP1 and TRP2), the silver protein, and a melanogenic inhibitor in human melanoma cells of differing melanogenic activities. Pigm. Cell Res. 8:97-104. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0749.1995.tb00648.x
- Kim, D.H., Y.S. Moon, B.J. An, and J.H. Son. 2012. Potent anti-aging activity of Aruncus dioicus, a native plant of Ulleung-do, South Korea, in CCD-986sk fibroblasts via suppression of matrix metalloproteinases. J. Nat. Med. 66:631-636. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11418-012-0633-3
- Kligman, L.H. 1996. The hairless mouse model for photoaging. Clin. Dermatol. 14:183-195. https://doi.org/10.1016/0738-081X(95)00154-8
- Kobayashi, T., K. Urabe, A.J. Winder, C. Jimenez-Cervantes, G. Imokawa, T. Brewington, F. Solano, J.C. Garcia-Borron, and V.J. Hearing. 1994. Tyrosinase related protein 1 (TRP1) functions as a DHICA oxidase in melanin biosynthesis. EMBO J. 3:5818-5825.
- Lee, C.B. 2003. Coloured flora of Korea. 1st ed. Hyangmoonsa, Seoul, Korea.
- Lin, C.B., L. Babiarz, F. Liebel, E. Roydon Price, M. Kizoulis, G.J. Gendimenico, D.E. Fisher, and M. Seiberg. 2002. Modulation of microphthalmia-associated transcription factor gene expression alters skin pigmentation. J. Invest. Dermatol. 119:1330-1340. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1523-1747.2002.19615.x
- Mishima, Y., S. Hatta, Y. Ohyama, and M. Inazu. 1988. Induction of melanogenesis suppression: Cellular pharmacology and mode of differential action. Pigm. Cell Res. 1:367-374. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0749.1988.tb00136.x
- Na, S.H. 2009. Paeonia suffruticosa Andr (PSA) inhibits melanin synthesis in mouse B16 melanoma cells. PhD Diss., Kyung Hee Univ., Suwon, Korea.
- Oh, W.K., K.B. Kim, J.Y. Lim, S.K. Lee, Y.D. Kwon, S.R. Yeom, and Y.S. Song. 2009. Effects of Dokhwalkisaeng-tang on mlanin synthesis inhibition and gene expression in B16F10 melanoma cells. K. J. Oriental Physiol. Pathol. 23:63-75.
- Shin, J.W., S.I. Lee, M.H. Woo, and S.D. Kim. 2008. Effect of ethanol extracts of goat's beard on streptoxotocin induced diabetic symptoms and oxidative stress in rats. J. East Asian Soc. Dietary Life 18:939-948.
- Song, J.S. 2008. Inhibitory effect of polygonum multiflorum on melanin synthesis and its action mechanism in B16F10. PhD Diss., Daejeon Univ., Daejeon, Korea.
- Yamamura, T., J. Onishi, and T. Nishiyama. 2002. Antimelanogenic activity of hydrocoumarins in cultured normal human melanocytes by stimulating intracellular glutathione synthesis. Arch. Dermatol. Res. 294:349-354.
- Yao, C., J.H. Oh, I.G. Oh, C.H. Park, and J.H. Chung. 2013. -Shogaol inhibits melanogenesis in B16 mouse melanoma cells through activation of the ERK pathway. Acta Pharmacol. Sin. 34:289-294. https://doi.org/10.1038/aps.2012.134