- Volume 19 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on Evaluation of Marine Traffic Congestion based on Survey Research in Major Port
주요항만의 실측조사 기반 해상교통혼잡도 평가 연구
- Yoo, Sang-Rok (Graduate school of Mokpo National Maritime University) ;
- Jeong, Cho-Young (Graduate school of Mokpo National Maritime University) ;
- Kim, Chol-Seong (Mokpo National Maritime University) ;
- Park, Sung-Hyun (Mokpo National Maritime University) ;
- Jeong, Jae-Yong (Mokpo National Maritime University)
- Received : 2013.08.28
- Accepted : 2013.10.25
- Published : 2013.10.31
In this study, we analyzed AIS measured data for ten days by selecting the four main ports with many ships arriving in the national ports. The peak time congestion of the main ports, calculated by survey research, was about 3.8-5.7 times higher than the hourly average congestion. This is very different from the results of the advanced research, evaluating the marine traffic congestion of the Ulsan main port based on the existing Port-MIS statistical data, which showed a peak time congestion of about 1.7 times higher than the hourly average. This identifies the problem of distorting the traffic characteristics of the current passage. Therefore, in order to evaluate marine traffic congestion, it would be more appropriate to calculate it based on survey research, rather than Port-MIS statistical data.
Marine Traffic Congestion;Statistical Data;Survey Research;Hourly Average Congestion;Peak Time Congestion
- Fujii, Y.(1966), Navigational Taffic Phenomena on Narrow Straits on the Navigational Traffic Capacity - Part1. Influence of Tidal Current on the Effective Area of Ships, National Maritime Research Institute Report, Vol. 3, No. 5, pp. 43-52.
- Fujii, Y., K. Watanabe, K. Tanaka, K. Yamada and H. Miyagi(1966a), On the Navigational Traffic Capacity - PartI Effective Area of Small Boats, National Maritime Research Institute Report, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 1-16.
- Fujii, Y., K. Watanabe, K. Tanaka, K. Yamada and M. Sekii(1966b), On the Navigational Traffic Capacity - PartII Effective Area of Large Ships, National Maritime Research Institute Report, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 17-26.
- Fujii, Y., K. Watanabe, K. Tanaka, K. Yanada and M. Seki(1967), Effective Area of Medium-Sized Ships, Journal of Navigation, Vol. 38. No. 5, pp. 15-20.
- Fujii, Y.(1981), Marine Traffic Engineering, Haemun press, pp. 111-112.
- Gong, I. Y. and C. S. Yang(2005), A Review on the Estimation of Traffic Capacity and Operating Rate of a Fairway, Journal of Navigation and Port Research, 2005 Spring Conference, Vol. 29, No. 1, pp. 231-235.
- Inoue, K.(1973), Detection Days and Level of Marine Traffic Volume, Japan Institute Navigation, No. 50, pp. 1-8.
- Jeong, J. Y., Y. S. Park and J. S. Park(2006), A Study on the Ship's Domain in the Restricted Water(I), Proceedings of KINPR Autumn Conference, Vol. 30, No. 2, pp. 5-7.
- Koo, J. Y.(1997a), Evaluation of Congestion due to Traffic Volume in Narrow Channel - On Gaduk Channel according to Busan New Port Development, Journal of the Korean Institute of Navigation, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 19-40.
- Koo, J. Y.(1997b), Evaluation of Traffic Congestion in Channels within Harbour Limit - On Channels in Ulsan New Port Development, Journal of Korean Port Research, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 173-189.
- Koo, J. Y. and K. T. Yeo(2001), Evaluation of Congestion in the Entrance Channels - A Comparative Study on the Entrance Channels of Major Ports in Korea, Journal of Koran Shipping, Vol. 33, pp. 113-129.
- Lee, Y. S. and Y. J. Ahn(2013), A Study on the Standard Ship's Length of Domestic Trade Port, Journal of the Korean Scociety of Marine Environment & Safety, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 164-170. https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2013.19.2.164
- Park, Y. S., J. Y. Jeong and J. S. Kim(2010), A Study on the Minimum Safety Distance between Navigation Vessels based on Vessel Operator's Safety Consciousness, Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Environment & Safety, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 401-406.
- SK Gas(2011), Maritime Traffic Safety Audit Report of SK 3 Wharf and SK Gas Wharf Expansion, Chapter 6, pp. 5-26.
- Statistical Yearbook of MLTM(2012), Statistics of Vessels Arriving at Korean Ports by Weight Class, p. 358.
- Um, H. C., W. J. Jang, K. M. Cho and I. S. Cho(2012), A Study on the Assessment of the Marine Traffic Congestion and the Improvement of a Technology Standards, Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Environment & Safety, Vol. 18, No. 5, pp. 416-422. https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2012.18.5.416
- Yeo, K. T., H. G. Lee, S. M. Soak and C. Y. Lee(1998), A Simulation Study on the Marine Traffic Congestion in Pusan Port, Journal of Korean Port Research, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 1-17.
- A Study on Safe Vessel Traffic Speeds Based On a Ship Collision Energy Analysis at Incheon Bridge vol.22, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2016.22.6.593
- A Study on the Marine Traffic Congestion by Analysis of Ship's Domain vol.20, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2014.20.5.535
- A study on the vessel traffic safety assessment of Busan Harbor vol.53, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2017.53.4.423