- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Study on the Introduction of Safety Management Level Evaluation System for Shipping Company by Imitation Strategy
모방전략을 이용한 해운선사 안전관리 수준 평가제도 도입방안 연구
- Received : 2013.05.28
- Accepted : 2013.08.28
- Published : 2013.08.31
Maritime transportation circumstance is changing rapidly in accordance with the increase of cargo volume between countries and increase of marine leisure activities by improvement of quality of life. And the circumstance for ship operation is also changing due to aging of seafarers and increasing of foreign seafarers. To cope with such changes in maritime environment well, it requires higher safety management skills from shipping companies, the main subject in charge of the safety matter. In this paper, we analyzed domestic and foreign similar system, and then applied imitation strategies for introduction of an unific evaluation and management system that was consist of marine accidents, port state control, ISM Code and so on from shipping companies. We defined that the imitation industry and system are converted accident ration of construction industry and traffic safety excellence company of road transportation, and then extracted relevant law, evaluation index, incentive system as a imitation subject. We also proposed scheme that introduction of basis law, and evaluation tool with marine accidents ratio, port state control & ism code result, and incentives such as immunity of safety inspection or reduction of commission for introduction of company's safety management level evaluation system. Finally, we proposed the imitation timing and plan in stages for system's sustainable development through the prompt introduction and continuous enforcement.
Safety management level evaluation system;Imitation strategy;Marine accident;Port state control;ISM code
- Chang, I. S.(2009), A Study on the Effective Safety Management Measures for the Prevention of Marine Accidents, Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Environment & Safety, Vol.15, No.1, 2009, pp. 33-39.
- Choi, U., H. W. Shin, H. Y. Pyo and Y. R. Choi(2003), A Study on the Counterplan for the Reinforcement of Port State Control -Primarily on the Korean Shipping Companies-, Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Environment & Safety, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 1-15.
- Chung, C. H., C. K. Noh, K. M. Chung and M. O. Youn(2006), A Study on Plans to Promote Rationalization of the Coaster Safety Management System, Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Environment & Safety, Vol.12, No.4, pp. 241-246.
- KMST(2012), Korea Maritime Safety Tribunal, statistics of marine accidents, pp. 26-30.
- KRICP(2010), Korea Research Institute for Construction Policy, Improvement for Exploitation of Converted Accident Ratio on Construction Company, pp. 33-69.
- KTSA(2009), Korea Transportation Safety Authority, Study on Enhancing for Traffic Safety Development of Commercial Transport Company, pp. 73-109.
- MEL(2012), Ministry of Employment and Labor, an employment and labor white paper, pp. 292-293.
- MLIT(2012), Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transportation and Tourism, Safety assessment system for chartered bus company, pp. 1-6
- Noh, C. K., J. I. Lee, C. H. Shin, H. G. Kim, J. B. Yim and J. G. Song(2006), A Study on Development of Operation Evaluation Index for Safety Management System Using AHP, pp. 21-26
- Park, S. I.(2006), Some Considerations on the ISM Code and its Implementation, Journal of Maritime Law, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 295-322.
- Shenkar O.(2010), Copycats, Harvard Business Press.
- Yang, H. S. and C. K. Noh(2010), A Study on the Change of Domestic Marine Accidents and Insurance Rates according to Enforcement of ISM Code, Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Environment & Safety, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 65-69.
- A Study on the Development of Evaluation Index for Safety Management Level of Shipping Company(2) : Development of Evaluation Items for Safety Management Index vol.21, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2015.21.6.696
- A Study on Development of Safety Management Evaluation Index for Shipping Company vol.19, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2013.19.6.629
Grant : 해운선사 안전관리 평가시스템 개발
Supported by : 선박안전기술공단