- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Developing a Program to Pre-process AIS Data and applying to Vung Tau Waterway in Vietnam - Based on the IWRAP Mk2 program -
AIS 데이터 전처리 프로그램의 개발 및 Vung Tau 해역에의 적용 - IWRAP Mk2 프로그램을 기초로 -
- Received : 2013.03.11
- Accepted : 2013.08.28
- Published : 2013.08.31
The IWRAP program (Inland Waterway Risk Assessment Program) is a useful program for risk assessment of a waterway. However, in the basic version, the function which is used to import AIS data is not included. So users have to prepare the data and input to the program manually. And not all waterways have enough statistical data about passing vessels especially in developing countries as Vietnam. This paper studies the development of a program to pre-process AIS data for using the IWRAP Mk2 program basic version. In addition, it provides users basic information about marine traffic in a waterway such as routes layout, number of passages at a gate classified by type, size and time. The developed program, named TOAIS (Total AIS), was successfully used to pre-process AIS data collected in the Vung Tau waterway-Vietnam. As a result, the IWRAP Mk2 program basic version using data pre-processed from TOAIS could effectively assess the risk of collision in this waterway.
IWRAP program;Risk assessment;Pre-processing AIS data;Marine traffic;TOAIS program;Vung Tau waterway
- COAA(2012), ShipPlotter, http://www.coaa.co.uk/shipplotter.htm.
- GateHouse(2012), Risk analysis (IWRAP Mk II), http://www. gatehouse.dk/Risk-analysis-416.aspx.
- IALA(2009), IALA Recommendation on IALA Risk Management Tool for Ports and Restricted Waterways, IALA, pp. 18-22.
- IWRAP(2012), IWRAP - Frequently Asked Questions, http://iala-aism.org/wiki/iwrap/index.php?title=IWRAP_FAQ.
- Kim D. W., J. S. Park and Y. S. Park(2011), "Comparison Analysis between the IWRAP and the ES Model in Ulsan waterway", Journal of Navigation and Port Research International Edition, Vol. 35, No. 4, pp. 281-287. https://doi.org/10.5394/KINPR.2011.35.4.281
- Navigation Center(2012), What AIS Broadcasts, http://www. navcen.uscg.gov/?pageName=AISBroadcasts.
- Park Y. S., J. Y. Jong and K. Inoue(2002), "A Study on Assessment of Vessel Traffic Safety Management by Marine Traffic Flow Simulation", Journal of Korea Society of Simulation, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 43-55.