- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Temporal and Spatial Variations and Species Composition of Ichthyoplanktons in a Sea Area, with the Construction of Artificial Upwelling Structure
인공용승류 해역에서 채집한 난자치어의 종조성 및 시공간 변동
- Kwak, Seok-Nam (Environ-Ecological Engineering Institute Co., Ltd.) ;
- Huh, Sung-Hoi (Department of Oceanography, Pukyong National University) ;
- Kim, Ha-Won (Environ-Ecological Engineering Institute Co., Ltd.)
- Received : 2013.03.21
- Accepted : 2013.08.28
- Published : 2013.08.31
Temporal and spatial variations and species composition of ichthyoplanktons were investigated by Bongo net in a sea area with the construction of artificial upwelling structure at 13, June, 21 September, and 23 September in 2012. A total of fish eggs was 4,849 ind./
- Auth, T. D.(2008), Distribution and community structure of ichthyoplankton from the northern and central California Current in May 2004-06, Fisheries Oceanography, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 316-331. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2419.2008.00481.x
- Brodeur, R. D., W. T. Peterson, T. D. Auth, H. L. Soulens, M. M. Parnel and A. A. Emerson(2008), Abundance and diversity of coastal fish larvae as indicators of recent changes in ocean and climate conditions in the Oregon upwelling zone, Marine Ecology Progress Series, Vol. 366, pp. 187-202. https://doi.org/10.3354/meps07539
- Beer, T.(1996), Environmental Oceanography. 2nd ed. Boca Raton: CRC Press; p. 367.
- Cha, S. S. and K. J. Park(1994), Distribution of the ichthyoplankton in Kwangyang Bay, Korean Journal of Ichthyology, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 60-70.
- Cha, S. S., K. J. Park, J. M. Yoo and Y. K. Kim(1991), Distribution of ichthyoplankton in the adjacent waters of Wolsong, Korea, Korean Journal of Ichthyology, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 11-23.
- Han, K. H., D. Y. Kim, D. S. Jin, S. S. Shin, S. R. Baik and S. H. Oh(2001), Seasonal variation and species composition of ichthyoplankton in Sunchon Bay, Korea, Korean Journal of Ichthyology, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 136-142.
- Han, K. H., Y. H. Shin and D. S. Hwang(2002), Seasonal variations in species composition of ichthyoplankton off Kohung Peninsula, Korea, Korean Journal of Ichthyology, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 45-52.
- Jeong, Y. K., H. N. Lee, C. I. Park, D. S. Kim and M. C. Kim(2013), Variation of phytoplankton and zooplankton communities in a sea area, with the building of an artificial upwelling structure, Animal Cells and Systems, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 63-72. https://doi.org/10.1080/19768354.2012.754381
- Kim, I. S., Y. Choi, C. R. Lee, Y. J. Lee, B. J. Kim and J. H. Kim(2005), Illustrated Book of Korean Fishes, Kyo-Hak, Seoul, p. 615.
- Kim, J. Y. and N. C. H. Lo(2001), Temporal variation of seasonality of egg production and the spawning biomass of Pacific anchovy, Engraulis japonicus, in the southern waters of Korea in 1983-1994, Fisheries Oceanography, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 297-310. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2419.2001.00175.x
- Kim, Y. U., J. G. Myoung, K. H. Han and C. B. Kang(1991), Morphology of larvae, egg development and spawning behavior of the blenniid fish, Pictiblennius yatabei (Jordan et Snyder), Korean Journal of Ichthyology, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 44-54.
- KOSIS(1990-2010), Korean Statistical Information Service, Statistic Database for Fisheries Production, Retrieved from http://www.kosis.kr/nspotal/.
- Lee, J. W. and Y. S. Kang(1994), Variations of fish community and density on artificial reefs, Bulletin Korean Fisheries Society, Vol. 27, No. 5, pp. 535-548.
- Lee, S. J., Y. B. Go and B. J. Kim(2006), Seasonal variation of species composition and distribution of fish eggs and larvae in the western part of Jeju Island, Korea, Korean Journal of Ichthyology, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 129-140.
- Margalef, R.(1963), On certain unifying principles in ecology, The American Naturalist, Vol. 97, No. 897, pp. 357-374. https://doi.org/10.1086/282286
- Nelson, J. S.(1994), Fishes of the World(3rd ed.), New York, John Wily & Sons, p. 550.
- NFRDI(2004), Commercial Fishes of the Coastal and Offshores Waters in Korea, National Fisheries Research Development Insititute, Busan, p. 333.
- Ohno, M., S. Arai and M.. Watanabe(1990), Seaweed succession on artificial reefs on different bottom substrata, Journal of Applied Phycology, Vol. 2, No. 4, pp. 327-332. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02180922
- Okiyama, M.(ed.)(1988), An atlas of the early stage fishes in Japan, Tokai University Press, p. 1154.
- Park, H. H. and J. K. Shin(2003), An effect on fisheries resources enhancement of hollow jumbo structure and a search for artificial reefs by side scan sonar in the western Sea of Korea, The Korean Society of Fisheries Technology, Vol. 39, No. 3, pp. 230-238. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2003.39.3.230
- Park, K. D., J. G. Myoung, Y. J. Kang and Y. U. Kim(2005), Seasonal variation of abundance and species composition of ichthyoplankton in the coastal water off Tongyoung, Korea, Journal of Korean Fisheries Society, Vol. 38, No. 6, pp. 385-392. https://doi.org/10.5657/kfas.2005.38.6.385
- Park, K. J.(1999), Species composition of the ichthyoplankton and feeding ecology of early stage in Kwangyang Bay, Korea. Ph.D. Thesis, Chonnam National University, p. 131.
- Pickering, H. and D. Whitmarsh(1996), Artificial reefs and fisheries exploitation: a review of the 'attraction versus production' debate, the influence of design and its significance for policy, Fisheries Research, Vol. 31, pp. 39-59.
- Shannon, C. E. and W. Wiever(1949), The mathematical theory of communication. Urbana, University of Illinois Press, p. 125.
- Yanagi, T. and M. Nakajima(1991), Change of oceanic condition by the man-made structure for upwelling, Marine Pollution Bulletin, Vol. 23, pp. 131-135. https://doi.org/10.1016/0025-326X(91)90662-C