- Volume 17 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
The Effects of the Virtual Avatar Fitting Models for Apparel e-Commerce in Consumer's Purchasing Behavior: Comparing Traditional Model with Virtual Avatar Model
의류 인터넷 쇼핑몰의 가상 아바타 피팅 모델이 소비자 구매행동에 미치는 영향연구: 기존 온라인 쇼핑몰 모델과 가상 피팅 아바타 모델 비교
- Hwang, Suyeon (Dept. of Organic Materials.Fiber Engineering, Soongsil University) ;
- Shin, Sangmoo (Dept. of Organic Materials.Fiber Engineering, Soongsil University)
- Received : 2013.08.18
- Accepted : 2013.11.22
- Published : 2013.12.30
The purpose of this study is to compare the traditional shopping model and virtual avatar fitting model with regards to credibility and favorable impression effects on shopping mall satisfaction, product preferences, and purchasing intentions of apparel e-commerce. Questionnaires are distributed to 10-30s years old consumers who live in Seoul. Data are analyzed by descriptive statistics, Cronbach's
- Bull, R., & Rumsey, N. (1988). The social psychology of facial appearance. NY: Springer.
- Choi, Y., & Nam, Y. (2009). The qualitative study on the evaluation and application of 3D scan and virtual try-on technology. Journal of the Korean Society for Clothing Industry, 11(3), 437-444.
- Jeong, S. (2003). A study on determinants of th service quality affecting relationship quality and future intension on the internet shopping mall (Unpublished master's thesis). Jeonbuk National University, Jeonju, Korea.
- Kang, Y. (2005). The effects of the site characteristics and the customer characteristics of internet shopping malls on perceived risks and purchase intention (Unpublished doctoral dissertation). Kookmin University, Seoul, Korea.
- Kim, D. (2001). An empirical study on the role of trust in online purchase decision making (Unpublished master's thesis). KIST, Seoul, Korea.
- Kim, J. (2002). A study on the improvement strategies for the use of avatar in the internet fashion shopping malls (Unpublished master's thesis). Hong-Ik University, Seoul, Korea.
- Kim, S., Jeong, Y., Lee, Y., & Hong, K. (2010). 3D pattern development of tight-fitting dress for an asymmetrical female manikin. Fiber and polymers, 11(1), 142-146. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12221-010-0142-5
- Kim, Y., & Chung, K. (2004). A study on a decision making model for the internet avatar user. Journal of Korean Society of Design Science, 57(3), 263-272.
- Koo, B. (2001). Consumer's credibility decision factor of internet shopping mall (Unpublished master's thesis). Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea.
- Lee, C. (2007). The influence of avatars on online consumer shopping behavior (Unpublished master's thesis). Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea.
- Lee, K., & Chung, N. (2000). Effect of virtual reality-driven shopping mall and consumer's purchase intention. Korean management review, 29(3), 377-405.
- Lim, H. (2012). Analysis of utilization of virtual try on simulation consumers' preference in apparel online shopping. Journal of the Korean Society for Clothing Industry, 14(1), 83-89. https://doi.org/10.5805/KSCI.2012.14.1.083
- Na, Y., & Kim, S. (2012). The comparative study on a characteristic expressivity of movie clothings and 3D virtual clothings: Focused on the software: CLO 3D & Mavrelous Designe2. Journal of the Korean Society for Clothing Industry, 14(1), 1-12. https://doi.org/10.5805/KSCI.2012.14.1.001
- Park, C., & Kang, B. (2001). Factors influencing on consumer trust toward internet shopping mall. Proceedings of KMIS (pp. 869-879). Seoul: The Korea Society of Management of Information Systems.
- Park, H., & Lee, J. (2006). The effect of trust and distrust on the purchase intention at internet shopping. Proceedings of Korea Distribution Association (pp. 105-107). Seoul: Korea Distribution Association.
- Park, J. [Junchul]. (2003). The effect of internet shopping mall user's customer satisfaction on trust, commitment, and customer loyalty behaviors. Asia Pacific Journal of Information Systems, 13(3), 1-5. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2575.2002.00127.x-i2
- Park, J. [Jaekie]. (2004). 인터넷 마케팅 [Internet marketing]. Seoul: Hyeongseol publication.
- Ryu, W. (2008). A Study on purchase motive and performance to internet shopping mall. Korea Research Academy of Distribution and Management Review, 11(1), 97-120.
- Seo, J. (2005). On the characteristic of aesthetic on the cyber-space's character fashion (Unpublished master's thesis). Tongmyong university, Busan, Korea.
- Song, K., Fiore, A. M., & Park, J. (2007). Telepresence and fantasy in online apparel shopping experience. Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management, 11(4), 553-570. https://doi.org/10.1108/13612020710824607
- Statistics Korea. (2013). 2013 e-commerce & cyber shopping trend. Daejeon: Statistics Korea.
- Tak, M., & Kim, C. (2006). A study on virtual fitting model system for internet fashion shopping mall. Journal of Korea Multimedia Society, 9(9), 1184-1195.
- Yang, H., & Choi, Y. (2011). The influences of shopping enjoyment and risk reduction on behavioral intention in internet shopping malls using a moving virtual model. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 13(3), 390-397. https://doi.org/10.5805/KSCI.2011.13.3.390
- Yang, H., & Choi, Y. (2013). The effect of presentation of apparel products on consumers' approach behavior using 3D avatar model. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 15(1), 65-72. https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2013.15.1.065
- Yu, W., & Xu, B. (2008). Surface reconstruction from two-view body scanner data. Textile Research Journal, 78(5), 457-466. https://doi.org/10.1177/0040517507087853