- Volume 8 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
The Changes of the body composition and vascular flexibility According to Pilates mat Exercise during 12 weeks in elderly women
12주간 필라테스 매트 운동에 따른 노인 여성의 신체조성 및 혈관탄성도의 변화
- Received : 2013.09.12
- Accepted : 2013.11.15
- Published : 2013.11.30
The purpose of this study was Changes of body composition and vascular flexibility check according to Pilates Mat exercise in elderly Women and in future, Exercise programs for seniors health promotion as evidence when tried to utilize. Female 30 elderly patients classified into the control group and the exercise group, who was conducted Pilates Mat exercise was gradually intensity applied for 60 minutes, three times per 1week, a total of 12 weeks. The following were result the study. Body composition showed statistically significant increased(p<.01) in skeletal muscle and body fat rates was decreased(p<.01), and there was no statistically significant difference in body fat mass. Vascular flexibility showed systolic pressure was statistically significant decreased(p<.01) and peripheral pulse pressure were statistically significant decreased(p<.01), and there was no statistically significantly difference in diastolic pressure and aorta pulse pressure. As a result of all these, it was judged that a positive effect for body composition, and vascular flexibility after pilates mat exercise in 12 weeks.
- Choe MJ, "The effect of Park Golf exercise on body composition and sleep of the elderly", The Journal of The Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Science, Vol. 7, No. 6, pp. 1529-1536, 2012.
- Han CY, Shin JH, Lee MJ, "The effect of Soru Massage Therapy on pain of the head and neck of elderly", The Journal of The Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Science, Vol. 8, No. 8, pp. 1265-1270, 2013. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2013.8.8.1265
- Jeong SH, "Significance of pulse pressure in Alzheimer disease", Chunngnam National University master's thesis, 2004.
- Lee SH, Shin JH, Kang EY, Lee YJ, Jung SY, Yoo KD, Song SW, Baek SH, "The clinical significance of aortic pulse wave velocity in korean adults", J Korean Acad Fam Med, Vol. 27, No. 10, pp. 782-788, 2006.
- Chea SI, "A study on the effect of funcional fitness, body composition and vascular compliance before and after 12weeks taekwondo training in elder women", Hanyang Univerisy master's thesis, 2011.
- Lee BH, Yoo JY, Jeong JG, "Changes in Muscle Activity and Thickness of Resistance Exercise added Aerobic Exercise and Pure Resistance Exercise", The Journal of The Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Science, Vol. 8, No. 5, pp. 763-769, 2013. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2013.8.5.763
- Nikkila EA., Taskinen MR, Rrhunen S, Harkonnen M. "Lipopretein, lapase activity in adipose tissue and skeletal of runner: relation to serun Lipoproteions", Metabolism, Vol. 27, pp. 1661-1671, 2007.
- Lange C, Unnithan V, Larkam E, (2000). "Maximizing the benefits of pilates-inspired exercise for learning functional motorskills", Journal of Body work and Movement Therapies, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 99-108, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1054/jbmt.1999.0161
- Lee JS, "The Comparison between exercise intensity and quantity according to the diverse forms of pilates", Kyunghee University master's thesis, 2011.
- Kim SY, "The effect phylates mat exercise of middle-aged women's physical strength and composition", Daejeon University master's thesis, 2004.
- Kim YJ, "The effect of pilates therapy applied to the advaced hypertensive for 12 weeks focusing on the advanced hypertensive's angiotensin Ⅰ, fat of blood, building up body and muscular strength", Daejeon University master's thesis, 2007.
- Lee JO, "The effect of pilates mat exercise in 8 weeks on old-aged women's blood pressure, blood lipid level and the changes of body temperature with kirlian", Daejeon University master's thesis, 2007.
- American College of Sports Medicine. "Guidelines for Exercise Testing and prescription( 8th Ed)", Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2010.
- Lee JJ, Hwang TY, Lee BH, Yoo JY, Jun KH, Jeong JG, "Effects of Long-term Aqua exercise Program on body composition, Exercise Function and Quality of Life of the Old Women", The Journal of The Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Science, Vol. 8, No. 9, pp. 1399-1406, 2013. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2013.8.9.1399
- Kwon HJ, Kim NJ, "Effects of aerobic exercise and pilates exercise on body composition and blood variables in postmenopausal obese women", The Korea Journal of Sports Science, Vol. 19, No.1, pp. 679-688, 2010.
- Lee KH, "The effect of pilates mat exercise in 8 weeks on middle- aged women's body composition, lumbar muscle and flexibility", Daejeon University master's thesis, 2006.
- Evans EM, Racette SB, Peterson LR, Villareal DT, Greiwe JS, Hollosy JO. "Aerobic power and insulin action imporove in response to endurance exercise training in healthy 77-87yr olds", European journal of applied physiol., Vol. 98, No. 1, pp. 40-45, 2005.
- Kannel WB, Gordon T, Schwartz MJ, "Systolic versus diastolic blood pressure and risk of coronary heart disease: the Framingham study", Am J Cardiol, Vol. 27, pp. 335-346, 1971. https://doi.org/10.1016/0002-9149(71)90428-0
- Albaladejo R, Asmar MS, Benetos A, "Association between 24-hour ambulatory heart rate and arterial stiffness", Journal of human Hypertension, Vol. 14, pp. 137-141, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.jhh.1000961
- Mackey RH, Sutton-Tyrrell K, Vaitkevicius PV, Sakkinen PA, Lyles MF, Spurgeon HA, "Correlates of aortic stiffness in elderly individuals : a subgroup of the Cardiovascular Health Study", American Journal of Hypertension, Vol. 15, pp. 16-23, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0895-7061(01)02228-2
- Won YS, "The effects of chronic pilates exercise on health related fitness, low back pain level and metabolic syndrome in LBP obesity female", Suwon University master's thesis, 2010.
- Lee JK, "The effect of combined exercise training in middle-aged women with hypertension", Kyunghee University master's thesis, 2010.
- Kim BR, Kang SJ, Chung SL, Lee DK, " Effects of aerobic exercise on the hemodynamic predictors of the hypertensive patient", Kinesiology, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 19- 25, 2008.
- Lee JI, Sohn TS, Kwon HS, Lee JM, Chang SA, Cha BY, Son HS, "The changes of central aortic pulse wave analysis in metabolic syndrome", Korean diabetes J. Vol. 32, pp. 522-528, 2008. https://doi.org/10.4093/kdj.2008.32.6.522